PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Area Shooting Options

john218
August 8th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Back into the archery game and trying to find some alternative locations to shoot more often. Currently live in Sanford, member of the Daytona Archers club (great club) but don't want to fight the I-4 crawl up to Daytona 2-3 times during the week after work, I try to shoot regularily at Daytona on the weekends. Anyone got any ideas on how/where I can shoot more often that is more convenient to the Sanford area? I don't have room for a range/target at my house, don't know of anyone who has some land out in the country to set up a range and the only other locations that I'm aware of are Geneva Archery which is a good 45 minutes each way and D&E Hardward in Mims a 60+ minute ride each way. With my long hours at work spending 2 hours to travel just ain't gonna work for me.

Appreciate any suggestions you might have.

itsthewoo
August 14th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Well, I don't have any suggestions for you, but the Geneva Archery place is perfect for my purposes. Also, when do you truck over to Daytona?

john218
August 14th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I usually try to get to daytona archers on Saturday mornings. Last Saturday was the first week of a "hunters" 3-d league.

From what I learned from my discussion with Geneva archery it costs $20 a session if someone (instructor) is at the range. At daytona it is $60 per year ranges are available dawn to dusk 7 days a week.

Guess I'll have to start driving to daytona more often??

OrlandoArcher
August 25th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I shoot at the ARCHERY SHOP. They just opened up a new shop (Well march) off of I-4 and 27. I like it there.. good shop and good people

bhtr3d
September 23rd, 2012, 08:43 AM
GanderMountian in Lake Mary has an indoor range. There is also Big Game Pro Shop Incorporated(407) 880-9003

2060 W Kelly Park Rd
Apopka, Florida 32712