PDA

View Full Version : Light setups

hoyt bowhunting
May 11th, 2005, 10:00 PM
I want to start hunting at night but there is no one up here that does it. So here is my question what do you use for lights? And how many do you use?
matt

Robin@AimLow
May 12th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Depends on how much time you plan on spending fishing at night, and how much $ you want to put in it.

We use a 3000 watt Honda generator with 6 300 watt floodlights to the front, and 3 150 watts to the back (mostly so the camera can see into the boat when landing fish). Also have 2 12 v off road lights in front for loading the boat and stuff, and 2 12 v fog lights pointed to the back to flip on when landing fish or whenever we need some light in the boat.

Long ago, I used one 12 volt fog light mounted to a bracket on my bow and used that by itself.

re@fletch
May 12th, 2005, 08:48 AM
I have taken fish with a strap on head light in clear water. I have used a recharge hand held to spot then with the head lamp make the shot. but there is plenty of better ways I do this, I do that when jonesing and no hunting buddys. I hit the bridges on dirt rd's and shoot off them also. I use a big hand held with a deep cycle, gennie and $10.00 500 watt work lights. heck I would use a candle if I had to! bob

BHBowhunter
May 12th, 2005, 09:54 AM
honda 2000 eui

6 250 watt clamp on work lights and a hand held spot

http://bowfishingstuff.netfirms.com/picturepro/nfpicturepro/albums/userpics/10009/normal_boatview%201.jpg

norm
May 12th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Hoyt Bowhunting-

The reason that nobody up here bowfishes with lights at night is because it's not legal to do so in Minnesota yet. There is a bill that is going through right now to make it legal but the soonest that it will actually happen is still probably a couple years away. So, you might want to keep the lights off your boat for now unless your going out of state with it.

hoyt bowhunting
May 12th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Thanks the regulations book is confusing. It makes it sound like ice spearing is until dark. But it doesn't say anything about bowfishing so I wasn't sure.
thanks for clarifying that
matt

Techy
May 18th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I have a 24 ft pontoon with 10, 500 watt halogens all the way around. ONe big shooting platform. :thumbs_up :cool: