Archery Talk Forum banner

New Open+70m Records

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Stash 
#1 ·
At the PreCanada Cup FITA STAR, Kevin Tataryn shot an new overall record of 1394, his distances were 334@90m, 351@70m, 350@50m, 359@30m(choked his last arrow...)...obviously those unfair FITAs in his back yard, combined with the roof, and being indoors...must have been the contributing factor in this score...I am sure that had it been in Ontario, and advertised 6 month in advance that it would count double :D ..but as it is...good shooting Kevin ;)...still waiting for all the guys from Prince George to intorduce thmeselves...after all the chatter on the FCA forum we figured that we'd see some 1400s from them...but evidently...they musta had a bad day...
Canada Cup starts today...watch out 1400 ;)

#4 · (Edited)
Congratulations Kevin Tataryn!!

I was the scorekeeper for this record round and it was a pleasure to shoot with Kevin. He is an amazing shooter and a very nice guy! Very humble about his accomplisments. He definately has a 1400+ waiting for him, which would put him in a very elite and small group. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy and I wish him good luck at the worlds next month.

Canada has some other shooters that I think are capable of shooting a 1400 on a good day, certainly Blair Lyons, Kevin Brayford, and Ed Wilson. All were at the shoot but for various reasons had lower scores than normal,including
shooting the wrong targets and laughing so hard at Kevin after he missed his last ten at 30m that he missed his own last shot completely!

Quebec has some shooters that are right up there as well, Benny and Pierre and maybe others as well.

Have to hand it to these Manitoba guys, they know how to deliver in their back yards and at tournaments.

The Canadian World squad will be chosen by Monday night and I would like to wish them all the best of luck and good shooting!

David

#6 ·
Ya, Canada Cup was okay.

Matchplay went

Compound Men:

1st- Blair Lyon
2nd Kevin T.
3rd Rick Scammel

Recurve Men

1st-Jay Lyon
2nd- Mike H.
3rd- Angus D.

Recurve Women
1st- Kristen Niles
2nd- Angela K.
3rd- Kelsey D.

Compound Women
1st- Doris Jones
2nd- Dawn G.
3rd- Avril H.

Manitoba won every category but Recurve Women and we got 5 medals total so I'd say it was a good turn out. Only problem is when it came to the matchplay and FITA I shot like a ****** and shot about 50 points below average in the FITA and shot about 10 points below average in most matches.

My serving did start to seperate but Ed (my great level 6 coach) did a quick fix and that should never have affected my shooting that bad.

I'll get it fixed and we'll be set for Spain.

and 30X, why don't you want Ed's autograph anymore?

#9 ·
After watching Kevin break his own 70m record, and then smash the fita record.....I am pretty sure he is Canada's best archer hands down. Too bad we can't get out to the spring classic, to continue our major championship run. The last 3 majors in a row(nats, ftaq prov. and CC) it has been kevin and I in the finals. We would like to keep this trend going, but can't. Hopefully we can continue it in Spain. :wink: Anyways, congrats to everybody who came out and shot well, especially Kevin. It was also a great pleasure meeting Kevin Evans. He is a great shot!!! Keep it up, and I will be watching for a gold whenever the paralympics happen.

Blair

#10 ·
Great shooting without a doubt.

By the way, foghorn has just shot 4 FITA Stars in 2 weekends, all between 1370-1380, including a new Canadian record at 30M - 26X360. He just needs to get his 90M going - the Gold Tips are nice, but not a great 90M arrow...

I'm looking forward to seeing all the Canadian "big guns" all shooting together sometime this year.

Good luck and good shooting to Kevin and the rest of the team in Madrid.

#11 ·
congrats to Kevin...wish i coulda been there to witness that. thats some amazing shooting. deffinatley something to be proud of.

stash, thats good shooting by Deitmar. no doubt... by why is it that any time someone in Canada shoots a great score (like this one) some one from Ontario has to chime in about how Deitmar has shot so many of these scores. thats great. i'm happy for the guy and all...but when someone else acheives a great feat like this sometimes it is good to congradulate and not try to diminish the accomplishment with other things.

if u wanna talk about all the 1370-180's deitmar has shot start a new thread.

again Kevin thats some great shooting...i kno you'll do well in Madrid.
i think you guys have a legit shot at a medal in the team round forsure...and there are a few of u that i believe have a shot at individual medals....
good luck

Peace
Allan

#13 ·
Alan, I'm not trying to stir up trouble. Please don't make this into an "Ontario vs everyone else" thing - The thread was about "new Canadian record" and that's what I was mentioning.

Bigdawg said "I am pretty sure he is Canada's best archer hands down" which may be the case at least for outdoor FITA.

I was merely responding with information that might not be available to everyone else yet regarding the current record of another possible candidate for that unofficial title, who has nearly as impressive FITA credentials as well as an outstanding record of all-around shooting in indoor, field and 3D.

But we've discussed all this before, and there's no way of knowing until everyone shoots together head-to-head under the same conditions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.