PDA

View Full Version : Drive Cam Tuning

ToddB
December 6th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Picked up a Revenge for my son for X-Mas, not familiar with the Drive cam. Seems like a cross between a solo and cam and a 1/2. What are you guys doing for tuning/timing this system?

asmith4
December 6th, 2012, 03:50 PM
i would think it would come already in time. there should be timing marks on it.

ToddB
December 6th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Not to many bows come out of the box fine tuned, would be nice though.

ToddB
December 7th, 2012, 04:30 PM
No one has any insight on this cam system???

whack n' stack
December 7th, 2012, 10:09 PM
I would start off with the timing marks spot on with even tiller. Set your center shot to factory spec.

Next I would start off with bare shaft tuning from close range...say 3-6 feet. Make sure you are using a layered foam target to do your bare shaft tuning. You also want it at shoulder height so you can read what the arrow is doing better.

With your center shot set fire an arrow. If the arrow is hitting tail high or low adjust your rest or loop to correct the vertical impact of the shaft.

The next step would be to yoke tune the bow to get the horizontal impact of the arrow straight. If the tail of the arrow is hitting to the right or left you need to put twists in either the left or right side yoke. When you put twist in one side you will want to take the equal amount out of the opposite side. This will keep your cams synced and timed.

Once you get the arrows hitting dead straight from close range you'll want to back up to 10 yards. As you back up you will see small changes that might need to be made because of the farther shot distance from the target. At 10 yards your adjustments will be in very small amounts to get the arrow hitting straight and level. Once you get the arrows hitting square at 10 yards move to 20.

Repeat the steps from above to get the shafts hitting straight and square.

From this point I shoot fletched shafts and bare to see if they group together. If you have no rest contact your bare shafts and fletched ones should be very close in grouping. Your arrow flight should be laser like at this point.

I then like to broad head tune. Since I hunt it's the method I like most. The premise is to make micro adjustments to the rest to get bh and fp hitting together. you move the rest so the bh chase the ft impact point. So if your bh is hitting to the left of the ft you'd move the rest to the right a very small amount until they come together.

There's tons of ways to tune a bow and many different opinions on the subject. These methods give me bows that are very forgiving and accurate.

Hope this helps!

Norm

Monkeybutt2000
December 8th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I would go ahead and order a new set of strings for it,the factory strings are terrible.

ToddB
December 8th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I would go ahead and order a new set of strings for it,the factory strings are terrible.

I thought the Pro series had AB Strings? I know there not the greatest but no that bad. Is that not the case, haven't taken the bow out of the box though.

Whack I tune the same way, I was just curious if there were any nuances specific to the Drive cam.

whack n' stack
December 8th, 2012, 03:40 PM
AB should be a very good factory string.

Monkeybutt2000
December 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I was commenting on my Vendetta,as it is a Pro series as well. Not sure on the Revenge. If it has ABB strings it will have a tag attatched to the string.

ToddB
December 8th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I was commenting on my Vendetta,as it is a Pro series as well. Not sure on the Revenge. If it has ABB strings it will have a tag attatched to the string.

I thought all Pro Series had the ABB? I'll open it up and check it out.

redhookred1
December 8th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Revenge is a PRO series Bow, Factory strings are just fine on it, I was very happy with it! Timing marks on the cams make it super easy to set up and The Drive cams are a super draw cycle that blows away IBO! Super easy Draw length adjustment ! Just place the Mod and the string stop on the same Letter and thats it!

axeforce6
December 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Bow is super east to tune. I set the timing marks evenly them I bareshaft tune it. Wethere it be by adding a twist in the yokes or in the control. I set it at center shot too. Easy bow to tune and like stated. Smokes ibo