Getting my first non-PSE...Diamond Marquis! [Archive] - ArcheryTalk Forum: Archery Target, Bowhunting, Classifieds, Chat

: Getting my first non-PSE...Diamond Marquis!

December 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I read a ton of great things and even though this is for one of my students, I'm keeping it at my house and will have to shoot it a bunch!! Anyone who has had any experience with the Marquis, please let me know your opinions!

December 6th, 2012, 07:56 PM
A friend of mine shot the Marquis for a couple of years. It's one of the smoothest shooting quietest most shock free bows I have ever shot. Super accurate too.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

December 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Great to hear! One of my students really wants to get into archery/hunting, but his mom has no $ for anything near what he'll need, so I'm putting together something for him. Should be damned good, actually..Marquis bow, Spot Hogg Bulletproof sight, NAP Apache rest and stabilizer. I don't have a quiver or arrows, but I'm broke so those can wait. He's gonna be super excited!! It will be kept at my house, though!

December 6th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I really like my Marquis! Just put some new strings on it from the Bowstring Store. It shoots even better than it did, if that's possible.

December 6th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Those strings look sweet!

December 6th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Here's mine.

December 6th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Those strings look sweet!

Thanks, I like them quite a bit!

December 6th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Here's mine.

Very nice!! The bow received amazing reviews. I'm excited! How do you like those Starrflights?? I'm looking at setting this bow up with them.

December 6th, 2012, 10:18 PM
you cant go wrong with a bowtech or diamond, good luck

rt racing
December 8th, 2012, 08:52 PM
bough1 brand new and loved how sweet it shot and dont think there is anything as quite. had a limb bust and handed it down to my son once got it fixed. bought a new pse 3g bowmadness. been trying to swap that with my son to get the marguis back. the pse is way to noisy. you got a good one have fun but keep a watch on the limbs

December 9th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks rt, I'll keep that in mind. I should have it tomorrow or Tuesday :)

December 13th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Received the bow on Monday, rigged it with all the accessories on Tuesday, and took it to the club yesterday to tie-in the Apache rest and sight it in. Damn is this a sweet bow!! Put about 30 shots through it to be on the X consistantly. Then shot a 289! I really like this bow and am taking my student after school today. Excited to see how he does with it!

December 15th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I traded an extra bow for a Diamond Marquis about 3 years ago. As I sighted in this backup bow for a friend 2 years ago, it became apparent that I shot it better than my Mathews. DXT went away and now I have three Marquis. Butter smooth at 57 lbs with a cable guard conversion.1544575

December 15th, 2012, 11:22 PM

December 19th, 2012, 09:54 PM
They are very nice and shoot very well. I have new strings and cables Flo Green and Blue need to update the picture.