PDA

View Full Version : How did you get started with PSE

WCH
December 7th, 2012, 12:33 AM
I got started with my first real bow a pse bandit II, after that I got an ar-34. I became friends with a shop owner who has helped me out numerous times and wound up with a 2009 x force 7 with gx cams. Seems like ive always shot pse...I guess I have.
They've been great bows.

Rod Savini
December 7th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I picked up a bow madness mc, and just got hooked. Went to a evo, then a omen and now a DNA. Once I shot my first, I knew it would be a long time since my last. Just got one and was hooked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhom
December 7th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Went into my local shop with cash intending to buy a new Z7. I shot the bow and just did not care for the feel of the reverse roller. I looked over at the guy who just walked in and he was shooting a PSE xforce. I was intrigued, especially since this is such a big Mathews shop all you ever see on the line is Mathews. I started talking to the guy and ended up shooting his PSE. I liked it so much I came home and found in the classifieds a leftover nib 2009 Xforce. Since then I have tried other companies but just keep coming back to PSE and on now I am on my 4th one.

camper1979
December 7th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Oh I started far more impressively than that! With a PSE Snake!
It's great for what it is, too bad it doesn't come in 30-35# instead of the very junior 22#
Great for recurve archers practicing their form etc. though

pit adder
December 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM
started with a martin onza 3 great bow , moved to a rytera alien z ok bow ,darton 250spro awsome rig, bm 3g sold me ,now supra ,dominator pro ,and a dna in route !!! the supra and dom max will be prevelent shooters for yrs to come !!!!! as wll the dna !

BucksnBass525
December 7th, 2012, 08:24 AM
My first and only PSE until this year was the EVO7. Really liked it but traded it away without giving it a fair shot (due to lack of valley/creep)
I will have a DNA in the next few days, can't wait.

jk918
December 7th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Started with the XI line in the 90's, which i think PSE bought them, then moved to hoyt for a while. Then on to a09 X-force GX 6 which i got as a close out, shooting LH I usually can get great close out deals this time of year.

Andy.
December 7th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Started with a dream season UF, then 2 omens, then a evo 6 & 7 and now a DNA.

MonsterMike7
December 7th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I started out with a PSE Triton, then found an 08 X-Force 6 HF, went to an 11 DS Evo, and now I'm waiting for my DNA to get here.

pit adder
December 7th, 2012, 10:11 AM
did you get a good deal lmreo !!!!!!!
I started out with a PSE Triton, then found an 08 X-Force 6 HF, went to an 11 DS Evo, and now I'm waiting for my DNA to get here.

Luke M
December 7th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I was lucky enough to get mine from my neighbor for free when he got his new Mathews Helim, it only needed new string and cables and I was set! I got it at the end of last year bow hunting so it gave me a whole year to get it set up with new drop away, the string/cable set up, arrows, broadheads, and release. I would like to trade it in for one of those new fangled things that are not dual cams but cant afford to do that anytime soon, untill then I enjoy what I have, PSE Firestorm Lite as my sig states! I shoot a Silver Hawk for bow fishing.

WCH
December 7th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Some great stories...anyone else

Ches
December 7th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I was shooting a friends Jennings and he wanted it back, so I went to BPS during a fall Archery Sale, they had a PSE Whitetail Extream (think that was the name) and the PSE Rep convinced me to buy it. I shot deer with that bow but never liked the hand shock. When I went to buy my next bow, I thought I was going to get a Tribute, but shot it next to the Switchback XT, which I liked more. Then on the way home I tried a PSE Vengeance single cam, forked over the money on the spot. That bow has always been good but I like my AXE 6 better. Who knows, a DNA might be next LOL.

kawndn
December 7th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I got started by buying a PSE Nova ,,, Bought at a box store ,,,, had to take to local shop to reset there mistakes... As it turns out he used to shoot with my late Father in law back in the day... I saw he was backed up at the shop offered help and was directly put to work. He taught me alot, and I started selling a bow to upgrade,, Nova to AR-34 to Dream Season digital camo to Evo. He has retired and I now have a local shop as my second job "hobby". My son and I shoot a few local 300 tourn. and all the 3-D we can. He shoots Brute x. Also owe alot of thanks to Craig Stanke from PSE... I owe alot to Roger, never be able to repay all that he has taught me.

xSHIFTxNASTYx
December 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM
My first was also a PSE Nova, youth model... still have it, can't use it, can't sell it either... too many memories!!!

Now I have an ontarget7 built DNA on the way!

joeybear
December 7th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Went into the only real archery/bowhunting store in the Anchorage area...up in Wasilla...and checked out a few bows. Ended up with a PSE Carrera w/ Orion cam and loved it. Then I bought a Durango and really liked shooting that, but that was stolen. Had those two and then, after moving out of Alaska after 8ish years, I kinda forgot about archery since bowhunting deer isn't near as fun as moose or bear. Now that my little guy is old enough, he's finally getting a new bow for Christmas.

shamus275
December 7th, 2012, 03:48 PM
It was the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and ninety-four, it was autumn. I was 14 and in love...no wait, that's another story!

I was 14 though. I got my PSE start with a Infinity SR-1000 with the new fangled machined riser and it was sweet! I bought it after working as a laborer on a construction crew at the annual Anderson Archery Show in Grand Ledge, MI. The PSE semi was parked out front and it was the my first stop of the 3-day show. I knew exactly what I wanted but the only problem was that none of the Infinity's fit me so the tech short strung one for me to make it fit. I think my draw was 27" then and the Infinity only went down to 28". I won a lot of 3d tournaments with that bow as a kid and it still resides in my basement with the rest of my bows. I've never killed anything with it but every other member in my family has. After highschool I joined the military and took the next 15 years off of archery. My return to the archery world started with a new 2010 PSE Stinger and was then followed by a '10 PSE Vendetta XL. The last few years were spent exploring other bow brands, Quest, Darton, and Prime. I'm proud to say I've returned to the PSE family with the newest member of the stable, a red 2013 Supra Max which I should have in the next few weeks. It feels good to be back and shooting that Supra felt like coming home.

I see myself owning a DNA and a Breathn VendEvo soon.

Standbanger
December 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Just started with PSE the Vendetta DC mostly looking for a hunting bow that did not want to rip my arm off so far so good.

AZBIGMIKE
December 7th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I shot a evo first pse i ever shot and i was hooked i bought two of them. That was 2 years ago now i have owned a bow madness xl,Vendetta xl, 2 omen pros and now i own a dna and possibly buying a supra for 3d. I shot mathews bows for ten years. Not no more!!!!!!

saskhic
December 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I got started when I seen the pse dna.ordered an all black 65lber.this will be my first pse ever and I've been bowhunting for over 20 years.not sure when ill get it but super excited.

tpcollins
December 7th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Somewhere in the 70's I got my first compound - PSE back then was known as Precision Shooting Equipment. This compound was a 4 wheeler and I think it had 40% let off or so - I really can't remember. I have an old picture somewhere showing all 5 of my first PSE bows - the Fireflight is the only one I have left. I had an Oregon and a High Country since, but my lastest is a Bow Madness - best one of the bunch!

Wazz13
December 7th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Shot Mathews for years. Like the solo cam, the McPhearson Monsters series fit me alot better. After waiting for 3+ yrs for them to bring out a longer A2A Monster, I got tired of waiting. Did some research and liked what I saw with the PSE line. Picked up on here a 2012 Supra ME. Very impressed, and liking it more every day I shoot it. Im sure there will be a 2013 in my stable before to long. Just need to decide which one.

iagun
December 7th, 2012, 10:38 PM
i started with a Browning white tail maple riser. That one split in half above the arrow shelf at full draw. I bought a used PSE Super G to replace it. Shot that one for a few years and then bought a Hoyt Vendetta. Shot that for 5 years and won a Bowtech Admiral at a banquet. Gave the Hoyt to my middle son (still shoots it). I traded the Admiral straight up in 2010 for a new dream season UF. Have shot it for two years and I killed two gators with it this fall in LA. My new DNA will be here before Christmas according to my archery shop.

Belicoso
December 8th, 2012, 02:33 AM
1989 was the year I got my first PSE

Monkeybutt2000
December 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Had a Nova many years ago as my 1st. Had a Carrera back in like 2000? Then an 07 HF6 (which is on loan to the FIL), a 1st year Omen, a Vendetta DC and an Omen Max. That Vendetta is probably my all time favorite bow.

hypovolemicshok
December 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I bought my first one because of my great uncle. I remember when I was younger, say 20-25 years ago, that he would say PSE was the best bow. I finally bought a Dreamseaon GX and really liked it. Unfortunately it had some problems with random noises which myself, the pro shop, and even a couple trips to PSE did not fix. I really liked how the bow felt and shot but finally returned it to the shop and tried a Hoyt. When I was searching for my next bow after the Hoyt a played with a Vendetta for awhile. For some reason I went with another Hoyt. I have had an Elite and Maitland inbetween but finally made my way back to the Vendetta XL and love it.

dairyboy4
December 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
My first was a Mach 6 and srl100 in the early 90's when I got out of the service.....then a little stint with Oneida's....then in 2004 I came back with a 05 Firestorm Lite, 06 Diablo, Mojo 3d, 07 HF6, 07 HF7 which I still have and my Supra ME. My oldest son started with Micro Midas III to a Chaos SI to a BMXS , oldest daughter Chaos NI, youngest daughter MiniBurner.......youngest son dont know yet Miniburner or Bowtech Atomic......been alot of them in my stable...........Not to mention I live only a little ways from there original home in Illinois

BucksnBass525
December 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
My first PSE was an EVO7, sweet shooter.

cyclepath
December 8th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Shot traditional for many years and then decided to try compounds. Bought a martin firecat pro-x which was a great shooting bow for me but decided to try out some new
bows just to see if anything out there was worth buying. Shot everything in the shop many times and kept narrowing them down to what fit me the best. Kept coming back
to the axe and nothing seemed to get my attention more. Had everything I was looking for in a bow. The guys kept trying to sell me a mathews and I just wasn't impressed
with them altough they are a great bow, just not for me. Short story long, I felt the axe was the best bow I had shot, even compared to the other pse models.
I keep trying new models to see if anything comes out that gives me that wow factor but so far nothing has. Still waiting to shoot a dna and see what all the hype is about,
but it will have to be night and day compared to my axe or I'm waiting until next year. Don't know if 7 fps is worth pulling the trigger, I have a love affair with my axe.

whack&stack
December 8th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I got hooked up with breathn building strings for my heavy lb bows. We got to talking about what it would take to make a bow hit 1.0+ MO at over 280fps. He had a build in mind that he wanted to do that we ended up calling the X-Roid. After final completion we ended up with the xXx-Roid a 2008 hf6 at 114lbs shoving 674 grains at 349 fps. Not only did he hit the goal he blew it away 182ke and 1.04mo. I am sold on breathn built PSE's and will be shooting them for a long long time.

sc29860
December 8th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I was shooting a Hoyt am32 last year and made the mistake of shooting an Evo. I swore this season it would be my hunting companion for years to come from the first shot. I was sold once I drew back 60lbs and it was faster than the Hoyt on 70.

On_Target
December 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Wanted a single cam, couldn't find another bow that I liked better than the Bow Madness.

huntelk
December 8th, 2012, 11:59 PM
My first PSE was a Polaris Express, circa 1989. I drove 3 hours to the Cabela's store in Kearny, NE to buy it. They were the closest place that had one on hand. I had about a 4" overdraw on it. 31" dl shooting aluminum arrows that were cut to about 25". This was the bow I had all through college. It also went to The Nebraska Bowhunter Jamboree at the Halsey National Forest....some great memories!

cuttingedge
December 9th, 2012, 10:27 AM
How bout this... My first PSE was a Citation. It wasn't very old when I got it and neither was I.

Cold Pt. Archer
December 10th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I shot Mathews bows hunting and target for 10 years. My PSE rep let a friend of mine borrow a 2007 hf x-force.I shot it and fell in love with it. A couple weeks later I heard there was a shop holding a shoot and the prize was a new x-force! I drove 3.5 hours, won the bow, and never looked back! Since then my wife and I have had a moneymaker x, xforce SD, xforce ni, omen, dominator pro, Dream Season Evo, and a DNA.

wvbowhunter09
December 10th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I had a Monster 7 for sale or trade.......I ended up trading it for a 2011 PSE EVO and I've been hooked since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ezrollin
December 11th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I had never shot any bow but a cheap little recurve when I was a youngster but loved the feel of a bow.Jump forward at least 30 years,it must have been Deliverance or Rambo movie but an old PSE compound caught my eye in a pawn shop and I bought it.I didn't have a clue about compound bows but did quite well with it,then just as quick I sold it and didn't shoot for awhile.Then the urge came back and I decided I'd do a little research so I could make some intelligent decisions before buying.I read great reviews on the PSE Stinger as a good bow for a newbie not looking to spend mega bucks and figured I could past it on to my grand son when I decided to up grade.Since then I have bought a Vendetta XL and a PSE MOBU though I haven't got to shoot either yet.

Tony Bagnall
December 11th, 2012, 07:17 PM
I wanted a bow for ages... but we couldnt afford one... So in September.. My wife found a stinger in the local classifieds for $250.... Got a pic and went to meet the guy and He had it from new shot it a few times and and put it away... No time for shooting..... So we offered him $200 and he said yes!! ... And I love it !!

kspseshooter
December 11th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Started with a Nova, then a Stinger, next was the 09 Dream Season GX, now i have a 11 Dream Season Evo

Andrew L
December 12th, 2012, 12:20 AM
I just got a Brute X. I'm hoping I will get good with it.

1strike
December 12th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Friend works at a bow shop and was pushing mathews pretty hard. Didnt care for the way it felt in my hand and was basically shooting every bow I could get my hands on for about 4 months. Almost pulled the trigger on a Hoyt until I finally was able to shoot the Evo. The handle on a PSE is made just for me or thats what it seems like. Telling myself that I will not be one of those guys that has to have a new bow every year, but we will see! So far I'm stickin to it.

Jensen12
December 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Started with a pse triton then I just got a 2013 revenge

Kstigall
December 12th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I shot a buddies Supra ME and refused to give it back. I did pay him for it.......... Won money with it shortly afterward at the 2012 ASA Classic.

X-wife
December 12th, 2012, 09:00 PM
TAC 15i. My husband and I liked shooting our AR-15 and pistols and had a lot of fun target shooting. So, the idea of a precision assault crossbow on an AR lower receiver seemed pretty awesome. I have to give my husband ALL the credit for that purchase because I thought it was absolutely nuts until I shot a grape with it at 80 yards, more than once. Those bolts launch like scud missiles outta that thing! That was my first experience with the brand and I think right then I associated PSE with, well, precision, accuracy and power. Fast forward and I shot my first compound and it was a used youth Bowtech. I thought it was awesome and I shot it well, but everyone seemed to have a Mathews, so I went to a Mission Rally and had fun with it for a couple weeks. But then my PSE Supra ME came in and I could barely touch my Mathews again. Holy cow! I don't think I'll ever be able to shoot anything else again. I have another PSE Supra Max on its way and I think I may get a Dominator Max 3D for spots later in 2013. Love it.

WCH
December 12th, 2012, 09:28 PM
X-wife, you will have to show us some pictures of the supra when you get it and the max 3d if you get one.

X-wife
December 12th, 2012, 09:36 PM
WCH, show pics of my bows? You don't have to ask me twice! :wink:

Cold Weather
December 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I have shot PSE since 1983

my first was a PSE Nova 2 cam

I have owned MANY since, and currently have an Omen

50 plus
December 13th, 2012, 10:32 PM
My first PSE was a Laser Mach 1 that I bought new in 1982. It was the speed bow of the line in those days. A whopping 220 fps with an aluminum 2117. I have had quite a few over the years and still have most of them. My newest is a black 2013 Supra Max.

cp5
December 15th, 2012, 03:40 PM
My first PSE was a Laser Flite in 1987. My next will likely be a Dom or Dom 3d.

kensell
December 16th, 2012, 03:37 AM
My buddy suggested a Stinger which I bought last year. It was a great entry level bow, killed 2 with it. Shot a yearling at 47 yards heart and double lunged. I fell in love with the skullworks camo on the 2012's and got a BM 3G. I like how cool it looks as well as it shoots. Killed 2 with it now. Black, red, white, and silver have always been my favorite colors together anyway. Got the sticker they come with out of the box in the middle of my back window in the truck.

MAC50
December 16th, 2012, 11:08 AM
1982 I bought the first bow with cams made by PSE. It was a PSE Vector and have been with PSE ever since. Have had a couple of other brands along the way but always came back to PSE

X-file
December 16th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I started with pse in 2009. I tested an xforce gx at a shop. The first shot was, wow that was fast, the second shot, with no peep or sight, smacked the first arrow, the third shot, broke a nock, from that point on I was hooked. Last year I tried the elite answer, great bow. But something was lacking. I am back to shooting pse and my supra is 10ft faster with 3 more inches ata and easier to draw. I tried the insanity out. Again great bow, but now what goes through my mind is it just doesn't feel like a pse.

Bow Me
December 16th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I never thought I'd own one. I thought they were ugly as Hell. I went last fall and shot a 70# Evo 7. I was blown away with the smooth draw and quietness and zero hand shock. I ordered a 60# Evo 6 right then and there.

Ybuck
December 16th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Wanted a single cam bow with a solid wall. Found the Madness mc, then found out it also had a smooth draw cycle, the best grip in the biz, and was lightweight. The best of all worlds imo.

bishjr
December 16th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I bought my first new bow when I graduated high school, and it was a 2008 Reflex Growler. I shot that bow for a year and decided it was time for a change, and started seeing a couple guys around the shop with PSE's. They looked different then I had ever seen before, not to mention they were fast and quiet to top it off. I ended up buying a bowmadness off the guy, and shot that bow for a almost a year. I ended up selling it on here, and kicked myself in the rear as that was a darn good shooting bow! After searching for that kind of shootability again with other bows for the past 4 years, I have finally come back to them with being offered a PSE staff position at a local shop. I cant wait to get my Supra Max in, as that bow is amazing!

DarkHorse9825
December 16th, 2012, 06:08 PM
My first bow was a used Darton (can’t remember the model) I bought about 15 Years ago. I was just getting into hunting and didn't want to drop the big bucks on a new bow.
About 5 year ago I purchased a used Hoyt Ultra Mag with XT 2000 limbs. Used it for few seasons and took two turkey and on deer.
I was in the bow shop recently (don't do this if you don't want to spend money) and I was just kicking tires sort of speak. I tried a few bows; Hoyt, Mathews and PSE.
They all shot amazing. The draw on all was great. Mathews and PSE had the smoothest.
After shooting for about an hour I felt the PSE fit me the best. It was the easiest to adjust, has a solid wall that I like and the creep is very manageable for me. Price point was secondary, but with a quality bow like PSE coming it a couple hundred dollars less that similar top end bows does help. Nothing wrong with Matthews and Hoyt they are solid bows. Quality among the three is what I consider to be even.
What sold me was the tech support that everyone touted as being top notch. Having a good bow is one thing, but being able to get product support is just as important to me.
I order a 2013 PSE EVO max and can’t wait to start hunting with it.

cowsword
December 16th, 2012, 06:28 PM
My First bow is a 2013 PSE Drive. I live in the middle of nowhere, never shot a vertical before. Figured Id just jump in blindfolded and learn it with books, youtube and you guys. Nearest pro-shop is 600miles away.

Will let you know how it goes, hopefully make for some interesting talk :)

buffclock
December 16th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Back in the early 70 I purchased a PSE Citation from Gassmans Achery in San Antonio, TX. I still have it stored in perfect condition. I just don't shoot it anymore. I now have a 2012 Dominator 3D ME. That's a long time with one company.

mww982
December 17th, 2012, 02:42 AM
My first PSE was a Nova that I bought from Gander Mountain had it for a couple years and took a few deer with it. Then I decided to upgrade bows and switched to a Martin and was never happy with that one. Well I moved and life got in the way of hunting but now I am finding myself getting back in to it and coming back to a PSE. $150 left to pay on a new PSE Revenge. The first time I shot it it felt like butter and I knew I needed to get that bow. Will be shooting a HHA Optimizer DS-5519 and QAD Ultra Pro HDX rest. Man I am itching to get this bow and to start firing some arrows down range.

Reelrydor
December 17th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I had a black bear in 1990 after shooting recurves all my life, and I hated it, so I put compounds away. Then a friend with similar interests showed me the updates in compounds in 2008, and I got a super short. The draw length was 2" too long, and 10# too heavy on the draw, but did I love that bow! I did sell it, trying a chaos, some strothers, athens, mathews, and more pse's. Bowmadness xs, stiletto, and waiting on an evo. I tried alot of bows, but they don't feel and shoot like my pse!~

December 17th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I went to Cabelas on Saturday for an ice fishing rig. Realized it wouldn't fit in my car, shortly after I found myself in the archery section. Ended up shooting a few arrows and decided to buy the PSE Rally. I had been wanting a bow for a few years and finally decided it was time. Would like to get a string stop any recommendations? 1546221

Mr.Moose
December 18th, 2012, 10:48 PM
My first PSE was a Laser II back in the late 80's since then I have owned a

1993 Edge 50/50 cm
1999 Nova
2012 Stinger 3G
2012 Rally
2012 Supra Me

hpo
December 27th, 2012, 11:19 PM
My initial bow was a PSE USA Spirit (44" ATA)-purchased as a XMas present from my wife in 1995 at a Hardware store (those were the bow stores at the time~riiiight?). Shot lights out with that bow.

Next bow was a 1998 Baby G, uber short bow at the time at 37" ATA-bought that bow at full price and I recall talking my wife into it in the store parking lot~I was about as smooth as chunky peanut butter at the time.

Kept the Baby G bow until I started to stray in 2008 when I bought and eventually sold an Alpine and a Bear. Last purchase for me in 2008, a PSE XF TS (28" ATA).

I will look at other bows, but have to think that I will stay loyal to PSE.

Alpha Burnt
December 27th, 2012, 11:32 PM
In or about 1987, when I was 16 yrs old, my Dad picked up a used PSE Pacer for me from a co worker of his. It had a spray can camo job, wooden limbs with metal brackets and round wheels (probably about 50% letoff also). The bow came with a Kwikee Quiver, old 4 pin brass sight pins, Martin Quicksilver release, GKF Hunter Supreme rest and 4 Easton Autumn Orange 2117s tipped with the real old Wasp broadheads that were green (similar to the Cam Loks with razor blade looking blades). The bow was about 3" too long for me and every time I shot it, I hit my arm. I purchased an armguard and kept at it! I actually killed my first deer with it that year! With that bow you had to have a pin for 10, 20, 25, 30 and KNOW your yardage. I missed 50 deer in those first few years, it was great! Makes you really appreciate how far archery has come through the last 25 years.

Kateraman
December 28th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Well I got started only 4 years ago with a BowTech Sniper. I didn't even have enough money to buy any arrows at the time. Took the bow home and pulled it back a couple times ( felt real light for 70 lbs ). Took it back to my local shop to put it on a the scale. Turns out it was a 60 lb bow which max'd out at 63 lbs. shop owner said he'd either order new limbs or I could trade the slowtech back for a Hoyt Katera XL. Shot the Katera for 2 years and loved it. Got the itch for a Alpha Burner and traded for a 2010 Burner in 2011. Then I bought an Elite Pure which I eventually trade on AT for a Hoyt Ultra Elite. Shot both The Burner and the Ultra Elite had spiral cams with ate in my opinion the smoothest drawing cams I've ever shot. Fast forward to October 2012 when I was in my local shop again and a black and camo PSE Freak caught my eye. The bow was new, but had a rest on it. I asked the shop owner if I could shoot it. They set it up to 30.5 inch draw and I drew it back for the first time. I new immediately that I wanted this bow cause the draw was silky smooth with an awesome rock hard wall and deathly quiet at the shoot. Trade both hoyts for the Freak! Hunted with it all fall and I'm now getting ready for 3D season. Hoping to get it to Breathn on here for a super tune in the near future. I'm a new PSE shooter but look forward to shooting there rigs for years to come.

MIKEY CUSTOM-G
December 28th, 2012, 10:52 PM
G-Force back in the late 80's I think.

detroyer340
December 28th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Only pse I e owned was a gx7 think an 09 it was nice, been stuck on bowtechs lately but man that DNA looks nice

ScottyPotty
December 30th, 2012, 07:50 AM
A doctor dry fired my Prime Shift and blew it all to pieces. I didnt really like the Prime anyway so.........I left it, and scored a PSE 2012 Brute X to replace it. I'm kinda glad he wrecked the Prime cuz I really like the Brute X better. :thumbs_up

ScottyPotty
December 30th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I went to Cabelas on Saturday for an ice fishing rig. Realized it wouldn't fit in my car, shortly after I found myself in the archery section. Ended up shooting a few arrows and decided to buy the PSE Rally. I had been wanting a bow for a few years and finally decided it was time. Would like to get a string stop any recommendations? 1546221

If I'm not mistaken you can get a factory one from PSE. Check their website for details. :thumbs_up

Jefflach
December 31st, 2012, 11:05 PM
My father has the first production bow from pse during the early 70's. been a pse owner ever since.

Shoalwater
January 4th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I got my first PSE around 91 or 92, don't remember which model it was now, but it was hot pink before I painted the riser. I'm guessing it was a ladies model, as they really did not have much in the way of kids bows back then. My uncle was the PSE Rep in north Texas at that time, so I got it pretty cheap. He put an overdraw on it for me, and cut down some 1713's (I think) and I had that thing doing 225fps at around 40 pounds and a 23" draw length. I remember people going nuts how fast my little bow was at the pro shop by my house. Since then I've had a ton of bows and many different brands. My DNA is becoming one of my all time favorites very quickly.

Unforgiv3n
January 5th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I received my first bow ever for christmas ( of this year ), I have been hunting for 30 years and all I ever used were rifles. I spent plenty money on the best scopes, bullets, barrels and tweaking my rifles. It became not much of a sport, dont get me wrong I shoot for meat and not show, but if I saw game that i wanted I shot it and that was that. I was looking for a little more of a challenge, my wife purchased Brute X in skull works from hunters friend for me. She got the ready to hunt package. I have since shot the bow every day and love it. I am hooked!

dewfang
January 5th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Tagged

Dragonscout
January 7th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Went to the local archery shop in 1994 and asked the owner about used bows as that was all my budget could handle. She only had a used left hand Nova GameSport. I recently sold it when I won a 2012 Stinger 3G. The teen I sold it to killed a whitetail the next day! I love my Stinger and at 55, will probably have it until Istop pulling a string...

dewfang
January 9th, 2013, 12:15 AM
My first bow was a Bowmadness that I bought from a mainly Mathews shop. I still get a kick out of the Mathews guys that look down at me when I take my Dream season Evo to the range ( oh! you have a pse) until they see it shoot. I've never shot anything else but Pse and I would never knock anybody else for what they shoot but when something works for me I stick with it.

peshikthe
January 10th, 2013, 12:10 AM
i started with a old bear and my own handmade osage bows then hurt my hand and shot a mojo and now have owned over 7 or 8 different pse's had a c4 but have been shooting a omen pro ...i love it smooth sweet and dead in the hand best bow ever.... now pse is all i shoot. 52 pounds 300 fps nuff said.

thahunter
January 10th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I got started with PSE this year when I finally figured out that NOBODY can compete with the DNA spec wise. Not the coolest looking bow I have ever owned but who will be watching when I'm 20ft up a tree.

btmhwb
January 10th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Skullworks is soooo tits.......enough said

Unforgiv3n
January 10th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Skullworks is soooo tits.......enough said

So true... and who doesn't like tits

FiremanJeff
March 11th, 2013, 11:11 PM
When I got my start in bowhunting, in 1981, the PSE Laser Magnum was one that I coveted, but couldn't afford. It was their top-of-the-line, round eccentrics, and beautiful wood/glass laminated limbs. Finally bought their newer top grade model, Magna-Flite, in '86. Also had wood/glass limbs. More recently, I had a single-cam Sidewinder (bought it 'used', and was told it was a pro shop model) for a few years, and gave it to my son before buying myself a 2013 Brute X last week. I have also owned bows by Bear (my first), and Hoyt, but PSE's have never let me down.

xforce pse
March 12th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Buckmasters show back in the 1990's, got a Buckmaster PSE, wish I still had it, now Bowmadness XL & Dominator Pro is in cases.

Unicron
March 12th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Wanted to buy a Mathews as allround bow. Took Mathews over 3 months to ship them to Europe. Cancelled the order, tried Elite / PSE (because I hadn't tried all their models yet) bought the Evo Max. Cannot say I'm looking back, the Evo just fits the bill fine, quality wise it's just right up there with Elite, Hoyt and Mathews. Sweet shooting bow, exactly what I was looking for, couldn't be happier.

Now I think based on good the Evo is shooting for me, I might pick up a Phenom for indoor targets come October as well.

ArcheryAdiction
March 12th, 2013, 08:11 AM
When I was 12, My older cousin gave me his old bow, A pse something lol cant remeber actually. He dropped it off and gave me the basics. I walked out back and there was a flock of geese on my lawn. I shot an arrow from my deck and shot a goose in the leg. This is in a subdivsion and the noise this goose was making was awfull. I had pinned the goose to the ground. I ran down with a hockey stick and finished the job. Sorry I know it was wrong but I was 12 and home alone lol. When my old man came home and found goose feathers all over the deck and 2 goose breast in the fridge he was PISSED, but also pretty impressed I think. After that I blew up the bow a few months later. My uncle passed on his old nova, I shot it for a few months and then ungraded to a brute. Loved that bow and shot it well. Since I have owned a 2007 hf6,2008 dream season,2010 axe 6, 2011 pse supra, 2012 pse supra and in a day or so a 2013 pse dna. I love pse and will stick with them for a long time. I have owned other bows including a Darton 3800, new breed lycan and new breed eclipse all nice bows, but nuthen fits and shoots like a pse for me. Thanks Pse

R u kidding me
March 12th, 2013, 06:31 PM
My archery fascination began with a Reflex Bighorn Hunter that I bought used. This bow went for walks with me in the woods but never had a chance to make a mark. The following spring, after putting many arrows in to targets I heard a frightening "CLICK" as I came to full draw. I immediately let it down and took it to Lancaster Archery. They told me that the upper limb was cracked down in the pocket. I shared my misfortune with a buddy, that had his eye on a 2011 Vendetta, and offered to sell me his 07 Xforce HF7. The first time I shot it I knew that PSE was for me! Since I have purchased two 08 Xforce HF7s, one is 50-60 lb and the other is 60-70 lb. The latter is getting a new set of strings right now. I have shot quite a few bows but none has "fit me" like my Xforce. I like the feel and the draw cycle of this model.

War_Material
March 12th, 2013, 07:24 PM
I shot the dna. Got it on order now after selling my carbon element rkt. Just love the way it feels on the shot and i am not loyal to any brand.

CyWulf
March 13th, 2013, 10:43 AM
My father shot with a PSE compound. Must have rubbed off, because the first bow I bought was a 60# 1999 PSE Spyder. Loved that bow. Shot great and smooth. Sold it when my first daughter was born....ten years ago.

When I decided to get back into archery...first and only bows I looked at were from PSE. UPS should be dropping the bow off in my signature any time today...then the fun begins!

I will be PSE for life and so will my girls!

Bownovice13
March 13th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Had my diamond as my first bow, and I liked it but just kept saving up for the vendetta because its looks and reviews were awesome.. Well my parents surprised me for Christmas and got me the revenge, a little sad it wasn't the vendetta, but not wanting to hurt their feelings, I spent the money I had been saving up for accessories.. And WOW.. I absolutely lie this bow and it will be by my side for YEARS to come..

tagmaster10
March 13th, 2013, 01:58 PM
In the mid 90's I was given a Bear Robinhood by my brother and took it to my local pro shop to get set up.(Gray's Archery in OKC) He helped me set it up and I shot it for a couple days before I figured out that I needed to have something better. Bobby Gray helped me get set up with the Durango and I shot it for about 6 months before I picked up the Carrara. I shot the Carrara from then until 2010 when I picked up my Axe7. I now have that bow and the SupraME. I also bought the Spyder S4 for my son in 98 and now the Chaos for my daughter. I have been exclusive PSE for my whole archery life.

Tagmaster11
March 13th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Well, I started with that same Bear Robinhood before I gave it to ^ him. lol I went to a High Country then a Quest and then settled on Mathews when they came out with the MQ32. I shot that bow until 2010 when my brother talked me into looking at the Bow Madness. One shot and I was hooked. Still have that bow and a single cam Supra.

Reed
March 13th, 2013, 08:36 PM
pse phaser early 80s