PDA

View Full Version : Brute X or Bow Madness?

Luke M
December 8th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I have really been wanting a Burte X but have noticed the Bow Madness. Has anyone shot them both? The price kinda deters me from the madness, but I really like the looks. Let me know what you think. Also would anyone know what a 2007 PSE Firestorm Lite might bring in for a trade in value, new string and everything that is listed in my sig.

Thank you for any info you might be able to provide!

Ybuck
December 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Ive shot both. Both excellent imo, but like the madness more because its lighter, and balances better in my hands.

FemoralArchery
December 12th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I've also shot both. I bought the madness 3g, but I don't think you'd be wrong to go with the brute, I shot each just as well as the other.

ccriley6
December 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Ive shot both. Both excellent imo, but like the madness more because its lighter, and balances better in my hands.

X2.........You can pick up a good used for a good price in the classifieds....I personally like the BM MP the best The one in my sig is my 3d/back up bow. IMO the BM shoulda been a pro series bow....

WCH
December 12th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Bow madness since they came out has been a good series of bows, however the brute is a lot of bow for the money. You will be happy either way that's for sure.

Andrew L
December 13th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I just got my Brute X.
I've never shot a compound bow before, but I've read great things about the Brute X.
It does feel heavy though.

Now the Evo is calling me.

Archery dynamic
December 13th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I sell PSE's bows are very similar madness is a little lighter little different axle to axle and 1/2" brace height difference. However they have the same FPS and drawlength. $100 difference really can't go wrong with either bow.

blakeman
December 13th, 2012, 07:35 PM
which one has the smoother draw bowmadness or the brute?????

safaridreamer
December 13th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I just picked up the brute x. Draws reel nice, solid back wall, holds great. My only complaint is the strings are junk. Need a good set. Other than that it is a lot of bow for $400.

STR_76
December 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I am having the same issue with choosing which one. I found a deal at Sportsmans Warehouse here in Fairbanks, AK that is selling '12 BM XS for $480 RTS and the '13 Brute X for $500 RTS. Was wondering what everyone's opinions are on these two? I understand the shorter ATA but I get the additional BH in return. First time Shooter.

Andrew L
December 15th, 2012, 09:20 PM

I've never shot a bow before and I did this at 30 yards.
I'm happy with the Brute X so far. It could be a little lighter though.

IllinoisBamBam
December 15th, 2012, 10:11 PM
I shot the Madness XS , 3G , Brute X , and then seen the Drive.....I ordered the PSE Drive in skullworks. It's $499 bare bow with a IBO of 327fps 30.5 Axle to axle and 7.5" brace...

cyclepath
December 15th, 2012, 10:52 PM
The brute x is a great first bow that you can grow with. The bow madness being a single cam bow is smooth on the draw but not very ballanced. The bow of the year to me
so far is the drive. For the price you get a bow that draws smooth as silk, holds remarkably well and is fast and not real heavy like some other brands are.
Any of the bows would be a shooter and if you have the chance shoot them all and then make a decision based on the one one that feels the best for you to shoot.