PDA

View Full Version : Yoke tuning

ia bhtr
December 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Hi guys , been a Hoyt boy for along time but their newer cams tear my old man shoulders up , have been looking for something a little easier on the shoulders and after watching PSE do well at Vegas the last few yrs as well as all the good comments on AT , decided to go back to them ( shot them in the late 80s early 90s ) ..... found a used 2012 Supra ME on here for a good price , got it home , put my stuff on it and it shot lights out , heavier limbs than I wanted for indoors , so figured I would set it up for outdoors and order a 13 for indoors ......... this is where my troubles began , while it shot OK , it wasnt close to my 12 , altho I have done a bunch of tuning over the yrs , never yoke tuned in my life .

Last nite started bare shafting @ the local range and shaft flight was horrible beyond anout 7 yds , thought I was going to break a shaft , had read on here about working with the yoke & thought what the hey , this thing isnt shooting for crap anyway so nothing to lose , 2 twists in the right side / 2 twists out of the left side = worse arrow flight , being the intelligent fellow that I am :pukey: , I added 1 and took 1 out in the same direction , really bad now , so back to the press , reversed what I had done and then went 2 twists the other way in both an OMG what a diff , almost good shaft flight , to make along story short(er) ended up 3 twists opposite of where I started on the shelf side of the bow and 3 1/2 twists opposite on the other side , then hung a targetand started shooting , arrows were lasers going to the target and the bow , instead of being critical to shoot was now very forgiving , at any rate hope this helps anyone that is having tuning issues that hasnt tried yoke tuning , its the real deal guys , not a fix all cure all , but another tool to add in your tuning regimen to compliment what you are already doing >>=========>X

whack n' stack
December 9th, 2012, 11:19 AM
It is! I preach it all day!

A good bare shaft tuned bow will shoot as forgiving as you can possibly make it!!

What's more fun is when you can shoot an unfletched shaft with fletched out to 40 yards!!

It will make your buddies eyes pop out!

Norm

schmel_me
December 9th, 2012, 05:48 PM
my first pse since my old mach10 yrs ago was a axe6. Same thing for me about 1/2hour and some paper tuning and i had it dialed in. Pretty straight forward to do. The thing i have found is that the pse's seem to respond to yoke tuning better than other hybrid cams. Proabably due to the limb design they use.

P&y only
December 9th, 2012, 06:06 PM
:thumbs_up