PDA

View Full Version : Bomar wheel stops for PSE

Rudy Coolens
December 9th, 2012, 11:08 AM
who have the Bomar stops on ther bow, ik have just updatet my wheels with Bomar stops! now just testing it:p

d_money
December 10th, 2012, 02:34 AM
i have the bomar stops they are great made my bow perfect.

Ches
December 10th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I have them on my AXE 6 and like them.

Arobie120
December 10th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Can yall post some pictures of these Bomar string stops on your bows? Will the work on a single cam bowmadness?

Wondermutt
December 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
What can you expect to gain from adding these?

Thanks

WM

martinarchery27
December 10th, 2012, 07:07 PM
They give you a really solid wall. And yes they will work on the bowmadness

X-wife
December 10th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I use Bomar stops on my PSE Supra ME and will use them again on my 2013 Supra Max. Here are a couple pics of them on my bow. One of the pictures shows the stop touching the string at full draw so you can see how they create a hard wall. I am not sure about using a stop on one cam, however, since I have only shot dual cam bows. Good luck!

bishjr
December 10th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I need to get these for my supra that I have coming. Where are you ordering them from?

Arobie120
December 10th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the info. The stock stop on my bowmadness seems mushy. I get to my anchor point, then relax up on my release grip. When I set my shoulder into it, it feels like i pull back another 1/4-1/2". Need to try these

hdracer
December 11th, 2012, 06:46 AM
I have them on my Dominator. I placed the stops one hole short of the where the cam modules are. Cam starts to roll over and then stops. Very little valley. For me, it helps fire my hinge much easier. Of course, you can not relax on the draw. I also placed a thin piece of moleskin on each stop to help keep serving wear down.

Hokiehunter06
December 11th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I have the Bomar Wheel Stops and they made my wall rock solid on my 2008 Dream Season. I love them. Best addition to the bow.

RatherBArchery
December 11th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Order them from Bomar direct, they are worth EVER penny!! Not sure if they are required on a Bowmadness but I should find out soon ;)

nccrutch
December 11th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Lancaster Archery also has them.

LarryD
December 11th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Do they slow the bow up any?

NY911
December 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Do they slow the bow up any?

Nope.

smokin12ring
December 11th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Are all the new ones anodized black?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

X-wife
December 11th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I bought my Bomar stops from Lancaster Archery: http://www.lancasterarchery.com/bomar-draw-stop-for-pse-two-cam-bows.html Also, to smokin12ring, I just saw a guy with silver (don't know what material they are made of) ones on his PSE Dominator last weekend.

schmel_me
December 11th, 2012, 09:26 PM
For who has used them. Do you put the stops in and leave the screw a little loose and tighten them in the draw board. Or draw the bow a few times to center them correctly on the cable.

NY911
December 11th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I drew and then tightened

scott bomar
December 11th, 2012, 09:45 PM
the fastest way to set the draw stops is to place a stright edge like a bow square from the draw modual to the flat side of the srting stop and thighten the 6/32 cap screw.
no need for a draw board.

Ches
December 12th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I got mine direct from Bomar, but for those in Wisconsin, BKIII in Wind Lake sells them. In fact, he set mine up after I locked up my bow while trying to set them (Set them too loose and they must have rotated during draw, I drew right over them). He has a Hooter Shooter that he uses as his drawing board, nice. What Scott said looks like it would work, but I still like the drawing board method after what I went thru. Oh well, it was time for new strings anyway. After the season, I am going to do the opposite of HDRACER and move my moduals 1/2 inch shorter and leave my stops where they are to give me more let off and larger vally. Very good product and nice upgrade for a PSE. FYI, mine look to be machined Aluminum, no coating.

Ches.

Daniel Boone
December 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM
who have the Bomar stops on ther bow, ik have just updatet my wheels with Bomar stops! now just testing it:p

Great product from guy who very popular with todays PSE Pros and archers.

DB

Core Archery
December 12th, 2012, 07:54 PM
are they setting these in the matching letters A & A or putting them one letter longer?

Rick!
December 12th, 2012, 11:01 PM
are they setting these in the matching letters A & A or putting them one letter longer?

I installed mine in my Dominator in the same letter as the modules. For me, that's where I like them. I will also get one for my BM XL so I don't have to keep replacing the stock draw stop rubber thingy.

Alpha Burnt
January 3rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
bump, guys still liking them?

dschonbrun
January 3rd, 2013, 11:15 PM
I'm using a larger valley as well. Modules set to 28.5, Stops set to 29... makes my anchor point less twitchy.

Alpha Burnt
January 3rd, 2013, 11:17 PM
Lancaster Archery also has them.

They are sold out, expect more in on the 13th

Kstigall
January 4th, 2013, 04:05 PM
bump, guys still liking them?

On a Supra ME the "stop" at full draw is much firmer than the factory peg but nothing like a limb stopped cam.
Depending on what you are used as to how you may perceive the Bomar Stops. If you are coming from a bow that has limb stops on 2 cams the Bomar stops may feel not so firm. If you are coming from a bow with a single smallish peg stop on thin cables the Bomars may feel very firm.

For scale reference, 1 to 10 :
PSE factory peg stop = soft wall (4)
Bomar stop = firm wall (7)
2 cams each with a limb stop = brick wall (10)

Using a larger valley makes tuning very critical.

wolf44
January 6th, 2013, 03:46 PM
you can also get the stops from me :)
and the rocker pins for the center lock pockets :)