PDA

View Full Version : How to adjust PSE cams to fix cam lean?

quickill
December 10th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I have a 2012 Dream Season Evo. Right Hand. When I hold the bow up like im going to shoot the bottom cam leans about 3 degrees clockwise. The top cam leans just the opposite, 3 degrees counter clockwise. So that when you place an arrow on each of the cams and point the arrows together the tips of the arrows come directly together. Problem is that the tips are about a half of an inch to the right of the string in the middle. I could fix the top one by putting twist in the right split of the yoke or putting more twist in the left split of the yoke but how do I fix the bottom? The cams are fine front to back just out on left to right as you hold the bow up.

dairyboy4
December 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
By chance do you have excessive roll on the cable guard? Try rolling the cable guard counter-clock wise till your fletching will just clear the cables, I had similar issues with my Supra ME and this is what helped rectify the issue along with a little cable twisting.

stiffwindpsr
December 10th, 2012, 09:14 PM
There are several good threads on yoke tuning. From what I understand, most are putting a couple twist in the left yoke and removing the same amount from the right side. Whatever you do to one side you need to do the opposite to the other to keep the yoke balanced.

cuttingedge
December 10th, 2012, 09:43 PM
First correct the top cam lean with the yoke. For the bottom, If your limbs are in the correct position, you need to shift the spacers on the cam. Whichever way the cam is leaning, change the spacers to move the cam in that direction on the axle. It will be trial and error to get the necessary spacing. Check to make sure your cable doesn't rub the cam, while the draw stop still adequately contacts the cable.

quickill
December 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks, I moved it about 1/16 of an inch closer so that it just clears the vane. Cams still leaning quite a bit though.

quickill
December 10th, 2012, 09:58 PM
First correct the top cam lean with the yoke. For the bottom, If your limbs are in the correct position, you need to shift the spacers on the cam. Whichever way the cam is leaning, change the spacers to move the cam in that direction on the axle. It will be trial and error to get the necessary spacing. Check to make sure your cable doesn't rub the cam, while the draw stop still adequately contacts the cable.

If the limbs are not in the correct position, meaning that they are not equally compressed, should I then put some extra twist in the control cable?

quickill
December 10th, 2012, 09:59 PM
If the limbs are not in the correct position, meaning that they are not equally compressed, should I then put some extra twist in the control cable?

Seems like tightening the control cable would put more counterclockwise torque on the lower cam.

j.blay
December 10th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I've had several Xforce Pro series bows. The first one I got I contacted John( Breathin) that makes Johns Custom Strings. He helped me learn all I needed to tune my PSE bows. Send him a pm. He's a great guy.

stjoebowhunter
December 10th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Do they lean when they are at full draw? I have the same prob with one of my PSE's but at full draw they are in line. your string will still be on a bit of an angle due to how PSE sets them up. Its for this exact reason that I just bought an Elite no more yoke tunning and you get 80% let off!