PDA

View Full Version : Main Line vs Pro Series

CjsPapa0504
December 11th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Hey ya'all,

Looking to get a new bow, with a limited budget, and am really looking at the Brute X hard...

My buddy has a Rally, and he loves it, shot it a little bit, and liked it, but think I can justify spending a "shade" more.

After looking at them, and doing some research, I can't see a whole lot that is different between the Pro Series, and Main Line bows, and was wondering if anyone could explain. I understand there may be minor differences, but I can't find any information anywhere, and figured this would be the best thread.

Thanks in advance!

A.J.

N7XW
December 11th, 2012, 07:21 PM
From what I have read before buying my Brute X, the strings on the main line bows are not nearly as good as the pro line. I expect to replace the string sooner than later. Also, peep rotation is apparently an issue with main line strings. I haven't installed mine yet, but will probably go with the tube peep sight. I love the bow though - great deal for the price.

CjsPapa0504
December 11th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Ya. I'm planning on replacing the string not long after getting it, to add a bit of "bling".

Probably gonna pick up a Spot Hogg, and transfer my QAD to it, and call it done...

oklahoma archer
December 11th, 2012, 07:42 PM
het a pse bowmadness 3g thats the best main line bow.... its the best bow for main line. whats your budget

CjsPapa0504
December 11th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Budget is roughly 500, gonna try and sell my current one (old Hoyt, local dealer cant even tell what year/model) and "possibly" bump it up a little.

Heard PSE had a military program, and tried to get a hold of them, but no answer yet...

With that being said, any suggestions???

Andrew L
December 12th, 2012, 12:00 AM
So if you replace the string on the Brute X how does it compare the the higher end bows.
I see the Brute X is heavier than the Pro Series bows, how much is that a factor in accuracy?

cyclepath
December 12th, 2012, 01:41 AM
There are alot of new bows from pse this year. Nothing wrong the bm or brute x or any of the main line bows for that matter.
If your budget is 500 dollars I would urge you to check out the new drive. Has to be the best bang for the buck regarless of
which brand of bow you're looking at in that price range. I was very impressed with the drive when I shot it. It exceeds all the
expectations that were placed on it. It does come with the in house strings but haven't heard many complaints this year.
Whichever bow you go with you can't go wrong, take your time, shoot some bows and get the one you like the best. Good luck

cyclepath
December 12th, 2012, 01:46 AM
So if you replace the string on the Brute X how does it compare the the higher end bows.
I see the Brute X is heavier than the Pro Series bows, how much is that a factor in accuracy?

It's kind of six of one and half dozen of another. Some people like having a heavy bow, helps them hold on target. Others like a lighter bow for taking in a deer stand
or spot and stalk hunting. It's a personal preference, you'll have to see which feels better to you for what your going to be using it for.

flynh97
December 12th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I bought a Brute X in July and I love it. Although the string does twist horribly on mine its been tolerable with a tube peep. I plan on replacing the string soon after the season is over. Other than that the bow is a little on the heavy side with mine weighing over 5 pounds loaded up. Other than that it is an awesome bow. Barely and vibration and is VERY consistent for me. I love it.

ToddB
December 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM
If your budget is 500, the 2012 Revenge, which is a pro-line bow can be had for under 500.

RatherBArchery
December 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM
My sons Brute X string did twist for the first 150 shots maybe, if he was shooting more than 45 pounds it may have taken less BUT, has since settled nicely. I attribute it partially to the PSE strings being made out of 8190 and the ABB strings being made from 452X. NOT ALL the Pro Series bows have the ABB strings!!

RatherBArchery
December 12th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Sorry, to correct myself above cables are 452 and strings are 8125 per the info in the tune charts.