PDA

View Full Version : Need help with dominator 3d.

frog gigger
December 11th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I just made some threads for a friend and his dominator. I noticed the timing marks were not aligned before putting the new ones on, but didn't go further into it as to why since new ones were going on. Now that they're on, they still won't align with the stops hitting at the same time. Cables were made to specs, but the buss required several more twist to get close. Down a few pounds on peak weight too. Why won't the marks align when the stops hit at the same time?

scott bomar
December 11th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Hello Bomar archery here. have you set the draw stops with a srtight edge across the draw modes for correct locations top & bottom?
You don'T want the draw stops to hit at the same time ! the top should hit approx 1/32 berofe the bottom draw stop this makes the
bow more forgiving and easyer to draw.
timming marks realy don't matter they are for referance only.

frog gigger
December 11th, 2012, 10:59 PM
No I have not. I figured C module position = C stop position. That's worked for me on any other.I'm aware to allow the top to hit first, but for the marks to be off 3/16 from each other seems a little much to me. Never had this with any other pse, but they weren't ME cams either.

talkalot
January 28th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Hello Bomar archery here. have you set the draw stops with a srtight edge across the draw modes for correct locations top & bottom?
You don'T want the draw stops to hit at the same time ! the top should hit approx 1/32 berofe the bottom draw stop this makes the
bow more forgiving and easyer to draw.
timming marks realy don't matter they are for referance only.

good to know

tmorelli
January 28th, 2013, 11:26 AM
No I have not. I figured C module position = C stop position. That's worked for me on any other.I'm aware to allow the top to hit first, but for the marks to be off 3/16 from each other seems a little much to me. Never had this with any other pse, but they weren't ME cams either.

It does. I'm not sure I completely follow Scott on this.

Does the bow have factory stops on it or Bomars?

I do set my top cam just a touch fast and with my Bomars positioned to firmly/fully/flatly contact the cables.... when I use them.

Some offset in the timing marks at brace is normal. 3/16 seems a little much but it wouldn't concern me if it tunes and shoots fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2