PDA

View Full Version : Long Wait for the Diamond Infinite Edge!

Viking1204
December 12th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I ordered a Diamond Infinite Edge Black Ops for my oldest Son at the end of November hoping I could get it by Christmas and it's not expected until at least sometime in January if we're lucky! I don't think Diamond was ready for the demand for this bow! Can't wait to get it and see the look on my Son's face, it's going to be his first bow!

terry72
December 12th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I picked one up for my son at Dicks two weeks ago and my local diamond dealer had one in his shop this past saturday.

Viking1204
December 12th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I guess it's good to live near the big cities, they definitely get supplied better than we do down here in the small towns! Maybe my Pro Shop will get one in soon but not counting on it after talking to them on the phone yesterday. Placed my order Nov. 28th so we'll see!

joeybear
December 13th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Good luck!! He's gonna love it!!

VORTEC429
December 18th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Very Nice Bow! Our local small town shops have them in now. Cabelas and Bass Pro both have them now!

Kahkon
December 19th, 2012, 06:42 AM
I had a dozen of them in....I have 2 pink camo and 1 reg camo left....Most were sold locally in my small area.

rockdeer
December 19th, 2012, 06:59 AM
The demand for these bows is far greater than Diamond/Bowteck predicted that it's taking all their resources to get these bows out to everyone. I know of quite a few shops that haven't even seen one let alone sell one. So, please be patient. They're working on them.

marpatmomma
December 20th, 2012, 01:24 AM
I have a quick question. Just bought my first bow (infinite edge) will have it set at 25" and 35lbs. (won't get it til first of Jan) Never shot a bow before, but went to local shop for my personal measurements so this is why im confident in my draw and weight. Ordered redhead blackout x5 envy carbon arrows. Weight 400 @8gpi and 2" veins...plus 100 grain field tips at 5/16...i have no freaking clue what any of this means...i ordered that cause they were cheap and later realized that diff bow weight took diff arrows? So, that being said,willthese arrows and tips even go together and if they do, once they are cut to size,will they even work with my draw and lbs? Please help me...all i know is i wanted arrows with my bow, i didn't realize how overwhelmed i would be! And i figured i would be using 100grain broadheads to hunt so i think i did the field tips weight correctly?

Kahkon
December 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I have a quick question. Just bought my first bow (infinite edge) will have it set at 25" and 35lbs. (won't get it til first of Jan) Never shot a bow before, but went to local shop for my personal measurements so this is why im confident in my draw and weight. Ordered redhead blackout x5 envy carbon arrows. Weight 400 @8gpi and 2" veins...plus 100 grain field tips at 5/16...i have no freaking clue what any of this means...i ordered that cause they were cheap and later realized that diff bow weight took diff arrows? So, that being said,willthese arrows and tips even go together and if they do, once they are cut to size,will they even work with my draw and lbs? Please help me...all i know is i wanted arrows with my bow, i didn't realize how overwhelmed i would be! And i figured i would be using 100grain broadheads to hunt so i think i did the field tips weight correctly?

Those arrows will be way to stiff for the poundage bow...a 500 spine arrow would still be overspined but, I bet you don't stay at 35 pounds for long. I would have gone to a local pro shop and ordered the bow instead of trying to figure this out all by yourself. It would appear by the brand of the arrow that you ordered from Bass Pro? They should have guided you better. Do yourself a favor and go to a local Pro Shop....Bass pro is not a Pro Shop.

Kahkon
December 20th, 2012, 11:05 AM
The demand for these bows is far greater than Diamond/Bowteck predicted that it's taking all their resources to get these bows out to everyone. I know of quite a few shops that haven't even seen one let alone sell one. So, please be patient. They're working on them.

Aye, it is. I have 1 pink camo RH, left in stock.....

3Dfever65
December 20th, 2012, 12:21 PM
i need a left hand . has anybody got them yet ?

marpatmomma
December 21st, 2012, 03:21 AM
Well, it's like this,......lol. I kinda had to order from Bass Pro because of the 6 payment option they are offering until tomorrow. otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford a bow at all. 79 bucks a month I can handle, 400 at one time I can't. I did go to my local shop here and played around with the mission craze. The guy figured my reach to be 24-25" ( he set the reach for me and set the weight at 36#..after I tried 45 and 40, etc) and I also did the fingertip to fingertip divided by 2.5 thing and it comes out to 24.5"..so my reach won't change, seeing as how I have been through growing for decades now..lol. I'm not too confident my weight ability will change either, due to joint issues from years of being a massage therapist and arthritis, mainly affecting my wrist and thumb joint on the hand holding the bow. I also realize that you just "rest" the bow in your hands without a deathgrip, but it's the pressure of the pull back against my left thumb and left wrist that doesn't feel like it would be able to handle much more weight than that. so, that being said, you are telling me that the 400 spine is too stiff, and I should go with 500 or better to safely shoot at my DL and DW? what about the 100 grain tip, I realize the tip is a bit heavier, but will a 100 grain tip be unsafe to shoot from the low 35# weight? I just wanna know that I am not going to maim myself on my first shot because I chose the wrong arrow....ANd thank you for your response :thumbs_up I really appreciate you taking the time to answer and help ...

Kahkon
December 21st, 2012, 08:50 AM
Hmm, no layaway at your pro shop. Wow even my little shop offers this. You could have at least bought your arrows and stuff at the Pro shop. They did measure you and do all of the leg work for you to get a bow. Did you ask them if they did layaway? or check another shop in the area? As far as arrows go, You really need to go to a pro shop or back to bass pro and have them match the arrows to your specs. On paper it looks like a 500 spine will work but in reality it may not. As a shop owner I would be reluctant to give such information without seeing the whole setup. Who is going to cut your arrows? There is quite a bit more to this then grabbing a bow and a few arrows, which I am sure you are aware of now.

I often teach my customers (the one's interested) how to do basic things with their setup; hence, visiting a pro shop can be very intuitive and fun.

Kahkon
December 21st, 2012, 08:52 AM
i need a left hand . has anybody got them yet ?

Lefties are not being produced yet....BTW, I am out of these now. I have a black one coming in after christmas.

marpatmomma
December 25th, 2012, 02:06 AM
No, my local shop does not offer lay-away...of course I asked. And they will cut my arrows and tune my new bow. .50 each for cutting arrows and installing inserts, which I don't think is too bad....they charge 40 to paper tune the bow...(free of course with bows purchased through them)...I will certainly be making many trips to my local shop once my bow arrives :)

marpatmomma
December 25th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Viking1204, I'm from your neck of the woods....any good bow shops over your way? I ordered my infinite edge from basspro in Mobile. Won't get it til Jan or so. DO you guys have any bow ranges there?