PDA

View Full Version : Xforce SS Issue

air rn
December 12th, 2012, 10:59 PM
OK so I purchased a brand new old stock 2008 Left hand Xfroce ss. All new paper work and hat included. Had 29" mods upon purchase found the #6 mods I needed, Installed. Moved my draw stop to 70% #6 draw stop hole. Served in my peep, and installed a trophy ridge revolution rest. Served the draw cord into the down cable. Cams were within the limits of tolereance by the provided markings. Installed string loop. Drew bow 3 or 4 times to assure satring loop was set and tight. Shooting Easton FMJ properly spined for set up. Installed sight and went out this evening to start sighting in. Drew and released first arrow and the shot felt weird and seemed loud. Arrow did hit close to where I was aiming. Looked at the bow and the string had come unstrung. Yolk cables still in place but cams are relaxed due to draw string is off the cams. What happend? I can not for the life of me figure this out. Any ideas? Anyone out there had this experience? I am not a pro but i have set up and tuned a few bows over the years. Never had anything like this happen before. I am headed to my nearest pro shop tomorrow to have the bow restrung and to shoot a few times there to see if we can replicate the issue. He asked about cam lean. I did visually inspect the cams prior to shooting and did not notice any excessive cam lean. Anyway this has been bothering me all night. Again not a bash I love this bow. It could for sure be user error. Just looking for any input out there. Thanks.

nccrutch
December 13th, 2012, 08:30 AM
That's weird... Let us know what you find out.

air rn
December 13th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Back from the bow shop. Excessive top cam lean. We had to put twist in the yolk. Straightened the cam up. Then had to add twists to the cables to get timing back in check. He said it was the first time he had ever seen cam lean make a bow come unstrung. The cam lean was there on visual inspection but did not appear as excessive as it was. When he placed a ruler on each side of the cam is when it was very evident. Anyway, all fixed now and shooting bullet holes.