PDA

View Full Version : Shot my new PSE Drive for the first time today!

lefty40
December 13th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Ok, I spent 2 hours at the range today after receiving my new 2013 PSE Drive in the mail yesterday. Here are my first impressions.

I have it setup at 26.5 inch draw length and 60 pounds. It is 70 pound limbs and right now I have them turned down to 60.

I was amazed the first time I drew it back at how smooth the draw was. At 60 pounds, there where no rough spots in the draw at all for me, and what a solid back wall.
When I hit that back wall and wanted to let up for some reason, it almost felt like you had to push it forward. Out of the 2 hours I shot I only felt it just begin to jump forward on me a little twice and both times it was easy to recover. I did not shoot it through a chrono yet but it seemed very fast for a short draw length and 60 pounds. My last bow was a Hoyt Rampage and while it was a tough good bow, this PSE drew easier at 60 pounds than the Hoyt did at 54. I will probably turn it up to 70 pounds before long just because it is such a smooth draw.

What I didn't like about it. Well, at this price point it came with some pretty cheap accessories. I will definitely be changing out the sight and probably the stabilizer. The strings seem fine. I wasn't a huge fan of the grip. I know alot of people love the PSE grip but I feel a little more comfortable with a fatter grip. I will probably buy some side plates down the road. It didn't come with a quiver so I will be in the market for a nice fitting quiver for the bow. Out of all of the shots I put through it in 2 hours I felt a little vibration in my hand maybe 2 or 3 times. Other than that, it was pretty dead in the hand, it didn't want to jump forwards or backwards after my release.

All in all for $499 I am super happy with this bow and I think with decking it out a little bit with some better accessories it will last me for many years. It truely is a great shooting bow.

Arobie120
December 13th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I shot one the other day. That bow is super quiet. 67lb at 29" draw was hitting 298 with a 380ish gr arrow. The peep seems to be staying put on the factory strings too. I really like the way it draws too. Nice bow for the money.

lefty40
December 13th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I shot one the other day. That bow is super quiet. 67lb at 29" draw was hitting 298 with a 380ish gr arrow. The peep seems to be staying put on the factory strings too. I really like the way it draws too. Nice bow for the money.

Yeah, the draw cycle was so smooth, I didn't expect it to draw that easy, was a nice surprise. I bought it without shooting it because im lefthanded and no one had one in the shop, I just based it off the reviews and videos, glad i did.

redhookred1
December 13th, 2012, 10:33 PM
The Drive cams are great! My personal favorite! Even put a set on a Supra! Love the Drive! alot for the Money!

lefty40
December 13th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I was afraid buying a $499 bow would feel cheap once I had it in my hands, but it is a really sold bow all around. Like I said, Im not a huge fan of the thin grips and the sight, but that is so easy to change, I think I have a shooter for several years to come. Alot of tags are going to get filled with this bow.

WCH
December 13th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Pse lower priced bows still perform which says a lot. I shoot a brute and was impressed. They definitely make exceptional bows.

cyclepath
December 14th, 2012, 12:02 AM
I was finally able to try one out the other night and I had a hard time believing it was a 500 dollar bow. They had a wb and d loop on the bow and the first time I drew
it back I could tell this was going to be a kick ***** bow. After I put a few arrows through it I asked the tech to add some more weight to it. He said it was bottomed out.
I said ok, do you have one that is 70 lbs? He took it over to the scale and it weighted out at 74 lbs !! I didn't think it was more than 60 lbs. it was that easy to draw.
I'm really thinking hard about getting one of these bows. It blows the others 500 dollar bows out of the water.

lefty40
December 14th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I can't wait to get out and shoot mine again, it's going to be one of those bows I love shooting every chance I get.

bishjr
December 14th, 2012, 10:35 AM
The drive is a great bow, and really has a place in the market today. We have one in the shop right now, and I am trying to get a few people over there to look at it before it sells. PSE hit a homerun with this bow!