PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!! whICH PSE TO CHOOSE???

STR_76
December 14th, 2012, 04:44 AM
I am new to bows and seem to already be on cloud 9. I shot one and am hooked. I'm stationed up in Alaska so don't have many places to go and take bows for a ride, especially being Left Handed. I do know that I do want a PSE. But which one seems to be my dilemma. Right now I found three in the Classifieds here on At: 2013 Drive, 2012 EVO and 2010 AXE 6......And then I have two here in town 2012 BM XS and 2013 Brute X.....All look as they are RTS?? My budget is open but then again, I want the most bow for my hard earned buck..

All Opinions are welcome and any new ideas are appreciated!!!!!

Ready to join the PSE family.

KY-Buckman
December 14th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I have a 2012 Evo 7 and LOVE IT! Plenty fast and Very smooth.

deepsprayj
December 14th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I can tell you right now that the brute x is an excellent bow for the money. Shoots justas good as any other hunting bow. I have a 2012 and a hoyt vector 35 that cost twice the price. The vector is a tad nicer but i couldnt say double the price nicer. I owned a supra me that was pretty nice so I think you would be happy with any of them. The evo is probably the nicest on your list but you may not be able to tell the difference between the lower and higher end bows when you first start out. The brute draws smoother than the dual cam but the dual cam is gonna be faster. The brute is on the low end of high end if that makes sense. Strings are ok quality is pretty good. Speed is decent but not blazing. The evo is faster and higher end but that doesnt mean better unless you can appreciate it and control it. If your aim is hunting I would go brute x and spend more money on hunting itself. If you want top notch quality and got deep pockets then go for the evo. The evo is a very nice bow too. The others you mentioned are good too but i figured i would compare the cheapest to the most expensive. Just a note that every pse I have owned has had serving seperation on the cables near the bottom cam. This is due to the steep angle on the aggressive cams. Pse bows are fast but it comes at some costs like the serving thing. It doesnt mean the bow wont shoot but the cables wear faster unless you fix the issue with better serving and liquid lok. Im a bit of a stickler with my gear so I fix mine.

Shoot, work, shoot!

slackjaw
December 14th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I am brand new to this game as well but i got a DS EVO and just love it
tried different bows at bow shops bowtech elite etc and i am glad i went to a used evo
2 words smooth and fast only thing negative is i shouldve waited to find one in skull works
go with the evo you wont be sorry

Archery dynamic
December 14th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I am a PSE dealer and this is only my opinion and what I have got in response to the bows I have sold at my shop. If you aren't affraid to spend the money EVO was their top pick, it is mine to for an aggresive bow that is still easy to shoot. If you want to save some money and want something shorter axle to axle and lighter in weight the bowmadness xs is your answer. That has been my top selling bow over everything the last 3 years.

cyclepath
December 14th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Any of the bow you mentioned would be a great first bow. Personally I would have to go with the new drive, it is just that good and for 500 bucks your getting a hell of a bow. Got to be the smoothest cams to date from pse and it shoots lights out. If the one in the classifieds has already been registered pass on it, you will be with out a
warranty. If not grab it, you won't be sorry. jmo.

STR_76
December 14th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I did pick up the 2013 DRIVE . I didn't check on if the one in the classifieds was registered. But I picked it up anyways. I couldn't pass on the price. Looking for one for the wife now.

salmon killer
December 14th, 2012, 06:27 PM
That EVO is a great bow I like mine alot.

WCH
December 14th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Pse makes bows in pink camo
Stiletto
Chaos one
Chaos ad

BP1992
December 14th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Haven't you heard of the DNA!!!

Andrew L
December 14th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I just got a Brute X and I'm loving it.
I can't compare it to anything else though as its my 1st bow.

I will say the Evo looks awesome.

cyclepath
December 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Congrats on the new bow. The drive has got to be considered for bow of the year. It may be the best selling bow for pse this year. I'm still waiting to shoot the dna but if I'm
not sold on it I will probably pick up a drive for myself this year. Hope you find a nice bow for your wife. Pse does make pink camo bows which are sweet. Check them out.

kensell
December 15th, 2012, 01:55 AM
I'm happy with my 2012 Bow Madness 3G. Plenty fast. The XS BM will be slightly slower. Check EBAY there should be lots of sales to get rid of new 2012 bows especially since season is almost over. Single cams are supposed to be more forgiving (dual cam supposed to magnify any small errors in your shot) and you dont have to worry about getting them tuned, and the ATA/IBO speed is actually faster on the BM 3G.

hypovolemicshok
December 18th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Enjoy your new bow and thanks for your service.