PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Diamond Core

allmycash
December 15th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Let me start off by saying Diamond Archery out did there self with this one !

I picked up one of the New Diamond Core R.A.K packages a few weeks ago. I was a little skeptical of buying a set up that was ready to go right out of the box. But when they say it was ready to go... It was. First shot after I set my own draw length was 2 inches high and 1 inch right. I couldnt belive it; one adjustment and I was hitting center!

Keep it up Diamond ... It does not get any better.

VORTEC429
December 18th, 2012, 12:27 AM
One of the better shooting bows Diamond has out right now. Doesnt have that rough draw cycle. It looks almost the same as the 2009-2010 Diamond Rock. Enjoy your new bow!

grumpy413
February 5th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Anyone else shooting one of these ?

requiem
February 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I just picked one up last week and I am quite impressed with how it performed right out of the box. Like allmycash, just had to fine tune the site and it was dead center.

grumpy413
February 10th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I was hoping someone did some speed testing

Bowtechrider
February 25th, 2013, 07:23 AM
I just purchased one recently I love it. I also have a Diamond Rock which I have been using for years but my draw mod stripped somehow so I got a new one so I have a back up bow. The core is very smooth, fast and forgiving. Only thing I changed was took off the junk rest and sight and put on a Trophy Ridge Outlaw and a QAD HDX so its smooth as silk!

southpaw_kc
February 26th, 2013, 11:14 PM
I bought one of these about a month and a half ago and really like it. Granted its a first bow so I don't have a lot to compare to but man it is a smooth to shoot. Only issue I had was with the R.A.K package, I had shot about 60 arrows before the hostage rest broke (the bottom piece sheered off somehow). Granted most people say to upgrade the accessories asap but I thought it should have lasted longer than that. Story has a good ending though went back into bass pro where I bought it and after about 20 min the MOD had approved swapping out for a whisker biscuit free of charge. +1 Bass Pro Independence MO -1 R.A.K. accessories = Even. Overall great bow though

scarson72
February 27th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I bought a Diamond Core in Dec '12. I love this bow. It is the first bow I've owned in over 20yrs. I had been shooting a friend's Bowtech Assassin and really liked it. I had over $300 in BPS gift cards so I went to see what was available at BPS in Manteca. Bought the Core off the rack and was hitting bullseyes with just a few tweaks of the sight. I've since upgraded the rest to a QAD HDX, and will be adding either Spot Hogg 5 pin or Sword Maximus 5 pin this month. If I had the extra $100 I might have went ahead and bought the Outlaw, but I am happy anyway. The Core is smoooooth. And I shoot better than most my friend's with much more expensive bows. I telescoped my first arrow last weekend with this bow! NEVER did that before with any other. Thanks Diamond!

Barbedbullet
March 11th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Same situation happened to me I made 45 arrows before the rest was done but searching now fire a decent rest for competition target shooting

ikhmalok
March 11th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Ordered mine from David "wyvern" can't wait.:)

DiamondChic
March 19th, 2013, 08:43 PM
This is my first bow. I got it about 3 weeks ago and have about 500+ arrows through it. The hostage rest is junk, I already had to replace it, but I love the bow. I just put a TR Revolution on it today. It's super light, and it's quiet too.

OldMike
March 21st, 2013, 01:13 AM
Ordered mine from David "wyvern" can't wait.:)

I thought he only sold Crossbows? I just picked up an Excalibur Matrix from him, and really enjoyed working with him. Would not hesitate purchasing a vertical bow from him, but I was under the impression that he did not sell them. Do you have a link?

Thanks and enjoy the Core.

maimedbypirates
April 9th, 2013, 12:51 PM
diamond black ice flx, however the Marquis is the best drawing diamond ever, hands down

mknpwr
April 9th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I've owned mine for just over a week and have been very happy with it so far. I've been out of archery for 25 years so I can't really complain about wether the R.A.K. is no good as I have nothing to compare it to, it works for me. Looking to try my hand at 3d sometime soon along with my daughter.

daancon
May 10th, 2013, 03:47 PM
What's draw weight range on these

Doc Hollyhood
May 13th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I'm absolutely in love with this bow. With the DWR from 15-70 lbs. and single cam it's ridiculously fast at every weight and delivers superb Kinect energy even at low draw weights (lowest I tried was 35 and I put a 26" shaft 12" into a target at 20 yds. At 56 lbs the shaft was buried 18" in!). The only issue is It comes with a BowTech Octane Hijack rest, which is ridiculously quiet but has some unique flaws (see the thread on this forum). Once that is resolved, I can see this being my competition bow. As far as speed, I outfitted mine with a universal nock device, custom d-ring and replaced the stabilizer with a stubby. I was able to get off 4 shots in 10 seconds pretty easily. Normally I'm lucky to get 3 in 12 with a similar configuration on another bow (the single cam makes a HUGE difference). The grouping was a little bigger than normal (5" compared to 4.25"), but I'll chalk that up to the fact that I'm not used to getting that extra arrow in so fast. All in all this is the bow to beat all bows under $1k. Can't wait to hunt with it!

C 4
June 10th, 2013, 11:16 PM
I'm new to this forum and new to the Diamond Core RAK as well as archery itself. I've always wanted to start but other things get in the way until now. I shot this in the shop a few times and loved how easy and smooth it was. Tech set it up for about 62 lbs and full draw length for my long arms. Arrows fell low and right of aim and I figured a little adjustment was all it needed. As said before, the accessories are pretty junky. The Apex sight won't adjust to the right far enough to set center shot so I had to space it out to line up the pins, arrow and string. I ordered a Trophy Ridge Outlaw sight to put on it for now.
A lot of good info on this site.

ikhmalok
July 1st, 2013, 12:14 AM
Average bow in terms of feel, speed, balance etc. more like a beginners bow imho. I personally thinks Diamond older bows like black ice is way better than this one. I plan to sell my Core though (this bow creeps), looking for a better bow.

Hunter844
July 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Anyone compare this to the Bear Outbreak, I think I'm down to these two as a beginner bow for me.

lilsapper
September 29th, 2013, 09:25 AM
The absolute worse shooting bow ever. It has a dry feel to the draw cycle. I have already had to replace a string and have more faith in my recurve.

BigMamou
October 4th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Actually quite pleased with my Core! Best bow I ever shot!

PSE Zack
October 5th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Had a Core for less than a month. Shot it for two days then had to get it reserved. No big deal, right? Got it back to shoot a week and a half later and shot it for 3 days. Then..... BAM! String popped. Brought it back to Cabela's and fourteen had been returned the previous day for the same problem. So I bought a PSE Brute X. Yeah, it's heavy compared to many bows but it's quiet and fast.

darksidemxer
December 26th, 2013, 09:48 AM
reviving a dead thread but seeings how this popped up during my friends search for info on this bow i thought i would add to it....I have a 2013 diamond core, bought it new. Had over 1k shots through the string NO ISSUES. it was dry fired once while i let a friend try it :( he bought me a new string set :D back to perfect. I actually just won a small competition with it shooting bowhunter freestyle. beeman hunter pro 400 arrows, armortech 5 pin .010 sight, tru ball boss X, and the crappy octane stabilizer. This bow is a great first bow and for the money it shoots AMAZING. even has a decent back wall for using back tension.
35yd shot breaking arrows no problem.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff4/darksidemxer/20131113_115545_zps54324693.jp g (http://s237.photobucket.com/user/darksidemxer/media/20131113_115545_zps54324693.jp g.html)

ovrwatch
January 4th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I received this bow to test from stuffstuff.com for free. here is the review I posted:

They say this is a Ready Aim Kill (RAK) bow. I don't shoot 73lb draw and neither does anybody else I know that hunts. So first thing was to reduced the draw weight to 60lbs. This obviously made the sights off so I had to adjust those as well. Also the draw length comes at 29 I am a 28 so I adjusted that as well. All in all the adjustments were easy and fast so all of this wasn't to big a deal.

So now that all the adjustments that were needed are out of the way time to shoot it! First shot I was a little taken back by how loud the string stop and string slap to the stop was. You can still hunt with it don't get me wrong, it's just a little loud for my tastes. Draw was smooth as well as the break over. The break over took it from 60lbs to 23lbs so that's almost a 60% let-off. The bow grouped well with no adjustments needed left or right. At 20 yards 2 of the 3 arrows were touching with only the width of an arrow between the 2 other arrows and the third one. The Octane products are on the lower end but that's to be expected to keep the price under $500.

All in all this is a nice bow, I wont be giving up my Fred Bear for this one but my daughter is already asking me for it once she can pull it back.

mknpwr
January 21st, 2014, 07:24 PM
Now that I've had it for a bit and put some arrows through it I figured it was time for an update. The rest has been replaced with a Code Red drop away, other than that it is as it came from the factory. The next thing I plan on replacing is the sight, I don't hunt with it, strictly a target bow for now. Next year I may pick up a dedicated target bow and set it up for hunting only. No problems with it other than minor issues such as a loose set screw which was easily remedied, no broken strings, nothing. Can I get better? Sure but I'm going to pay for it. Getting back into archery after 25 years this was a good choice!

GaryDyksman
January 22nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
Hi Guys, been shooting my Core for about 3 months now. and must agree with all of you about the RAK products really sucking, the rest eats fletchers and the sight is an absolute nightmare to setup right. so first thingI changed was the rest, with a Limbsaver drop down. Not only did I save money on fletchers but also immediately improved my groupings. Second update was the stabilizer, which to my surprise also made as big a difference as the rest, after a lot of testing I went with the Limbsaver Hunter Elite. And lastly was the sight with the Trophy Ridge Cypher Micro 5 pin.

Everyone of my friends that have tried my bow has gone out and bought a Limbsaver Hunter Elite stabilizer... It is a Robin Hood machine!!

Diamond_Archery
January 27th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I have to say i love mine, one of the better budget bows out there, the rest is junk but i swapped mine out the day i bought it will a QAD fall away, shoots amazing, i shoot easton carbon aftermaths and it groups amazing, they are 400's. Just my 2 cents on the core!

deadduck357
January 27th, 2014, 06:28 PM
I don't have the Core but I have the Regulator and I guess I will have to disagree with most here. I took the 5" stabilizer off and tried several different ones and found that the Octane was as good or better than most at absorbing vibes and not sticking out excessively. So I put it back on. Also the Hostage has been doing great for me with not touching my vanes and the brushes are lasting with non or very slight wear. Maybe some of your bows are not tunes well. Just my experience with the RAK package. Also there is nothing wrong with the quiver. But will agree with the 3 pin sight, it's more of a beginner sight and could be upgraded.

M80
January 29th, 2014, 05:59 AM
I have 2 diamond cores and I think they're great. They don't even cost much either. Some people turn the other way from Diamond bows because they don't cost much. Those tend to be the people that think you hafta spend more to get more. They are dead wrong. I've been shootin for about 20 years. I have owned bows that cost triple what Diamonds cost and those bows didn't shoot any better. You can make risers out of gold and sell them for $8000 but it will not perform better. I'll bet people would buy it too. Companies make expensive bows because they know there are people that will buy them. But now I can own two Diamond bows for the price of one overpriced bow and shoot just as well. :) Thanx Bowtech!

deadduck357
January 29th, 2014, 05:07 PM
I have 2 diamond cores and I think they're great. They don't even cost much either. Some people turn the other way from Diamond bows because they don't cost much. Those tend to be the people that think you hafta spend more to get more. They are dead wrong. I've been shootin for about 20 years. I have owned bows that cost triple what Diamonds cost and those bows didn't shoot any better. You can make risers out of gold and sell them for $8000 but it will not perform better. I'll bet people would buy it too. Companies make expensive bows because they know there are people that will buy them. But now I can own two Diamond bows for the price of one overpriced bow and shoot just as well. :) Thanx Bowtech!

Couldn't agree more. I have been at the range with my Regulator and have shot as well if not better than higher end bows there. Have also had people with top dollar bows tell me how quiet my bow is; and it's stock.

mcmullmar
January 30th, 2014, 10:20 PM
I got mine at the ens of December, Had to change out the sight as it would not adjust to the right far enough. Now looking at replacing the rest as my fletching is showing signs of wear and I am constantly having to adjust for the wear of the rest. Other than that I find it shoots really well. After an adjustment I place 6 arrows within 2" group at 15 yards. I love the bow, can't wait to get a new rest.
This is my first bow

deadduck357
January 30th, 2014, 11:37 PM
I got mine at the ens of December, Had to change out the sight as it would not adjust to the right far enough. Now looking at replacing the rest as my fletching is showing signs of wear and I am constantly having to adjust for the wear of the rest. Other than that I find it shoots really well. After an adjustment I place 6 arrows within 2" group at 15 yards. I love the bow, can't wait to get a new rest.
This is my first bow

I got my Regulator the first of Jan. and unless your using some extremely large vanes they shouldn't be hitting the Hostage rest. If your wearing the brushes down fast then your bow is not tuned very well. I have approx 640 through my hostage rest with no vane or brush wear. Still hitting were it did when it was set up and sighted-in. If your arrow is riding the brushes wrong then you could see some excessive wear. Is your cock vane straight up at 12'oclock?

GaryDyksman
February 2nd, 2014, 10:29 AM
My baby.

deadduck357
February 2nd, 2014, 07:05 PM
my baby.

nice.

bushido.jp2
February 6th, 2014, 09:52 PM
i just bought a 13 diamond core and i gotta say i am thoroughly impressed with its performance so far. The core is fast, light, accurate, precise and user friendly. Its easy to set up and accessorize and should be considered for the new, experienced, and serious hunter/target shooter.

darksidemxer
February 7th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I actually just got done having to reserve where the string stop is on my core, today. While there i thought i would chrono it. I was impressed for what it is lol. I never would have thought it would be in the 250fps range.

27.5DL
58#
beman Pro Hunters 323gr

259FPS
BTW to mention it, Diamonds customer service ROCKS. Wife dry fired her infinite edge. Dealer called them on a friday at around 4, Diamond wasnt sure if they could get the limbs and cams out because of the archery show being right around the corner. After explaining to them that the following sunday we had a competition, they assured us the limbs and cams WOULD BE IN. sure enough they were there tuesday. More than enough time to get installed and retune/sight in everything. While it did suck to drive over an hour to call diamond *they only talk to dealers* i got great service and hey what is the dealer there for other than to work for the customer :D

Just to add** while i do love my core, and it has carried me through many shoots and will still. I did purchase a CPXL today as my dedicated target bow. The core will now be used solely as a stalk and spot rig. If you like the core, i suggest going and trying a CPXL. The draw on that bow, to me anyway, is mind blowingly smooth and personally i shoot better with the cpxl. First 3 shots at 20yrds tore the fletchings.