PDA

View Full Version : Need help diagnosing a clicking noise

dawesy
December 16th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I have a 2012 Vendetta I bought in September a couple of days ago I was shooting and the top limb started making a clicking noise as I draw. It happens about half way through the draw cycle the bow still shoots great the noise is just irritating. I tightened and loosened the limb bolts and the side bolts on the pockets the noise would stop for the first draw and then start again. I love this bow any suggestions? Thanks Chris

ia bhtr
December 16th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I have a 2012 Vendetta I bought in September a couple of days ago I was shooting and the top limb started making a clicking noise as I draw. It happens about half way through the draw cycle the bow still shoots great the noise is just irritating. I tightened and loosened the limb bolts and the side bolts on the pockets the noise would stop for the first draw and then start again. I love this bow any suggestions? Thanks Chris

Mine did that for the 1st 20/30 shots then disapeared over the next 20 shots and hasnt been back since , never did figure out for sure what it was , in my older Hoyts that did that I sanded the limbs just a little where they sit in the pockets and that cured those bows

dawesy
December 16th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the input this noise has been constant over the last 200 300 shots anyone else have any experience like this?

ToddB
December 16th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Check this thread out, might help you.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1844035&highlight=pse+clicking

Rod Savini
December 16th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the input this noise has been constant over the last 200 300 shots anyone else have any experience like this?

Might need to grease those limbs pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justin13
December 16th, 2012, 01:17 PM
PSE has a kit they will send out for free to fix that. They have had a few of those issues with EVO's and Vendettas. It just goes in the limb pockets.

dawesy
December 16th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the advice i will get this checked out by my dealer

berry79
December 16th, 2012, 07:19 PM
My bowmadness was doing the same thing. Tried everything I could think of. I then came across a thread about mathews and there qcc doing that. I decided to look at them on my bowmadness. These are the round things the split end of the yokes attach to. Took mine off and you could see a slight lip in the center from were they were molded. Took some 400 grit wetsand paper, layed in on a flat piece of glass and sanded the back side untill it was smooth. Put some graphite dry lube on the back side I sanded, reassembled and the noise was gone. You could also see were the ridge that was on the backside was wearing a spot on the finish of the limbs. Good luck

Huntinsker
December 16th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I had a few Evo's come in with that problem and all it took was to make sure the bolts on the sides of the limb pockets were good and snug.

TheScOuT
December 16th, 2012, 07:51 PM
My Bowmadness did that for a couple months. The shop looked at it several times, we never did figure out what caused it. The noise just stopped one day.

helix33
December 17th, 2012, 12:43 AM
My bowmadness was doing the same thing. Tried everything I could think of. I then came across a thread about mathews and there qcc doing that. I decided to look at them on my bowmadness. These are the round things the split end of the yokes attach to. Took mine off and you could see a slight lip in the center from were they were molded. Took some 400 grit wetsand paper, layed in on a flat piece of glass and sanded the back side untill it was smooth. Put some graphite dry lube on the back side I sanded, reassembled and the noise was gone. You could also see were the ridge that was on the backside was wearing a spot on the finish of the limbs. Good luck

This will work if it's coming from the yoke area.

Archery dynamic
December 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I see this about once a month in my shop all different brands of bows. I tear them completely apart clean the grease out of the limb pockets and regrease them then clean the axles and oil them check all the bolts that they are to specs. They never come back making any noise. most of the time when I take the axles out of them there will be a touch of rust or build up. We all sit in the trees when there is frost and fog and whatever and your bow is inside your truck and you get out in the cold and it gets dew on it and over time it works its way in there.

dawesy
December 18th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks for all the replies we took the limbs off cleaned and greased everything and the problem is gone. Thanks again

hypovolemicshok
December 18th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Glad you got it taken care of. I had the same problem with my old Dream Season GX. Could never get it figured out even after sending it back to PSE. Loved that bow but hated that noise.