PDA

View Full Version : DRAW LENGTH for BM XS or Stinger 3G

STR_76
December 16th, 2012, 05:19 PM
My wife is looking for a bow and likes the feel of the PSE's......the issue we are having is her DL being in that 24-25inch are???? She is more comfortable at the 24.5in draw and the adjustments only going to 25in??? Can the bows be adjusted down that extra 1/2in because she enjoys the stability of the big boy bows rather than youth.

Any help with this dilemma will be greatly appreciated...and with that she in looking at 40-50lb limbs ......

GrizzlyMan1980
December 16th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I Think Stilettos can be set to 24...Grizz

STR_76
December 16th, 2012, 05:35 PM
She has looked at the Chaos online....hard to find in stores. Being a novice she is wanting something that feels comfortable with and grow with. But also holds the poundage to hunt with is once she feel ready???

68rocks
December 16th, 2012, 06:01 PM
i just ordered a PSE xForce Drive and it was measured in 1/2" increments...for what it's worth

STR_76
December 16th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I did as well get the PSE Drive, it will be here next week....but the 1/2" increments bottom out at 25". We have looked at different as well, the Hoyt line and Martin line have a few that she liked as well in DL/DW that she liked the feel as well along with the overall weight.

Archery dynamic
December 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I have a shop and by playing with the strings and cables you can make a 1/4" adjustment with out moving the module. Otherwise there are several out there that move in 1/2" incriments

drdanke
December 19th, 2012, 03:50 AM
I recommend the PSE Stiletto for her. They can go all the way down to 23" draw, in 1/2" increments, so 24-1/2" is no problem. If you get one with 50 lb limbs, it can be adjusted Down to approximately 35 pounds draw, if she is just starting out, and work her way up to 50 lbs. A 50 lb bow can take any normal game animal with no problem. The bow has an IBO speed rating of 312, which is faster than my stinger 3G. They even have it in PINK CAMO.... She would love you forever... or at least love you long time... :tongue:

STR_76
December 19th, 2012, 03:57 AM
She does like the Stiletto just not in the price range........so she has narrowed it down to the Mission Craze and the Diamond Infinite. She likes the lite-weight of the bows in her hands and the way she shot. And then depending on who or where we go to get her measured for DL she is anywhere from 23-24.5 inches. Even in the PRO-SHOP yesterday, she measured at 23 inches. So we had to adjust what we were looking at......the Stiletto would be choice #1, just can't afford it.

Andrew L
December 19th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I think I'm going to get the Chaos for my wife.