PDA

View Full Version : Supra Me

Mr.Moose
December 17th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hi everybody,

I just acquired a 2012 PSE Supra Me with 50-60lbs limbs.

Does anyone know if you can Fudge the draw weight down to 45lbs on this bow?

Maybe using the longer limb bolts or am I going to have to get new limbs 40-50lbs. Just need five lbs.

ia bhtr
December 17th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hi everybody,

I just acquired a 2012 PSE Supra Me with 50-60lbs limbs.

Does anyone know if you can Fudge the draw weight down to 45lbs on this bow?

Maybe using the longer limb bolts or am I going to have to get new limbs 40-50lbs. Just need five lbs.

I took mine down to 48 1/2 with 6 full turns off the bolts , that is as far as I felt safe , it is what PSE says is max on the turns out , since then I have turned it up 5#s as it is very easy to draw and hold

Mr.Moose
December 17th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I may can live with 48-1/2 have to see when It gets here.

Mr.Moose
December 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I took mine down to 48 1/2 with 6 full turns off the bolts , that is as far as I felt safe , it is what PSE says is max on the turns out , since then I have turned it up 5#s as it is very easy to draw and hold

Shoot I never thought to ask at what draw length you did that at?

ia bhtr
December 17th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Shoot I never thought to ask at what draw length you did that at?

I am shooting 28 1/2 on the mods and 28 on the draw stop , nice firm wall , didnt check to see what it did to my letoff , but it is lower , maybe like 60-65 %

Mr.Moose
December 18th, 2012, 08:51 AM
I am shooting 28 1/2 on the mods and 28 on the draw stop , nice firm wall , didnt check to see what it did to my letoff , but it is lower , maybe like 60-65 %

Thanks

bigshaft
December 18th, 2012, 10:46 AM
take some twists out on the buss cables us a little shorter draw lenth setting. mine went up about 3 lbs. with 10 twists up on the cable so if you could lenthen them they should go down some.

Mr.Moose
December 18th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I will try it....If its as smooth as they say it is I may be ok with whatever I end up with doing 6 turns out on the limb bolts

ia bhtr
December 18th, 2012, 06:54 PM
take some twists out on the buss cables us a little shorter draw lenth setting. mine went up about 3 lbs. with 10 twists up on the cable so if you could lenthen them they should go down some.

You could do this as mentioned , but make sure to pay attn to both cams if you only twist on the one , the other cam is going to be out of sync which will raise heck with your level nock travel , just keep the cams timed , if you do some twisting you may need to adjust DL on your mods to compensate , depending upon how much you twist

Mr.Moose
December 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM
Well fellas I had to tear down my Bow because the factory applied some lock-tite on the Module screws and I stripped the heads trying to break them free. Why would they
use any lock-tite of any kind on them knowing that the user may need to change draw length.
So I had to tear it down to get to them with out hurting any other componets. I drilled them out and used an ez out to back them out of the threads. Anyways while
I had the bow tore down I went ahead and bottomed out the limb bolts and then backed it out 6 turns as pr factory specs. and then counted the turns until the bolt came out of the riser. I counted 20 more turns. So with finding that out I don't see any problems turning the bolts out 7 or 8 turns and still be ok. I do have some longer bolts coming for it anyways.

ia bhtr
December 21st, 2012, 11:18 PM
Well fellas I had to tear down my Bow because the factory applied some lock-tite on the Module screws and I stripped the heads trying to break them free. Why would they
use any lock-tite of any kind on them knowing that the user may need to change draw length.
So I had to tear it down to get to them with out hurting any other componets. I drilled them out and used an ez out to back them out of the threads. Anyways while
I had the bow tore down I went ahead and bottomed out the limb bolts and then backed it out 6 turns as pr factory specs. and then counted the turns until the bolt came out of the riser. I counted 20 more turns. So with finding that out I don't see any problems turning the bolts out 7 or 8 turns and still be ok. I do have some longer bolts coming for it anyways.

Good to know , Thanks

Mr.Moose
December 29th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Got my longer limb bolts and installed them no problems adjusting my draw weight to 45lbs now.

60X
December 30th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I had a dominator that I needed lower weight. I just made the cables 9/16" longer then spec and it worked out perfect for what I needed

Mr.Moose
December 30th, 2012, 01:10 PM
That will work...:smile: