PDA

View Full Version : PSE Drive, PSE Hammer

VORTEC429
December 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Hey everyone been looking for a new bow and having a hard time. Going back and fourth between Bowtech and PSE. What kind of speed will I be looking with 70# and 27.5 inch draw with the PSE Drive and the PSE Hammer? I know the Bowtech Invasion ill be very close to 300fps. I love all 3 bows and having a extremly hard time choosing. I never thought I would be going away from Diamond and Bowtech but I sold my Diamond Deadeye and my PSE BM XS. Thanks everyone!

jeepw2
December 18th, 2012, 11:32 AM
My guess is the invasion would be the fastest followed by the hammer then the drive. Actual speed is hard to know without arrow weight.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

VORTEC429
December 18th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I use Flatline 400s but switching to bloodline with 100gr broadhead

cyclepath
December 18th, 2012, 05:28 PM
The invasion and hammer will be very close as far as fps. Both have about the same specs except for ata. The drive has about the same ata as the invasion, 1/2" more bh
and although ibo speed is about 20 fps less there not going to be that far apart through a chrony. Not sure what the price on the hammer is, I know the invasion is in the
900 dollar range and the drive is 500. I haven't shot a hammer so I can't comment on it but have shot an invasion and drive. I liked the invasion better than the insanity
and the destroyers and would be my choice of bow from bowtech. The drive on the other hand is a fantanstic little bow for the money but you would have to shoot one
yourself to see just how nice that it is. With bowtech so close to coming out with their new line up it would probably be in your best interest to wait and see what they have.

VORTEC429
December 18th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I think that is what I will do. Wait and see what Bowtech Releases and go shoot them all again to decide!

xcutter33
December 19th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Love my Drive from B and M archery it is a sweet $500 bow

bishjr
December 20th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Personally, the I have spent a fair amount of time with the drive and its a nice bow for the price. The Hammer is basically the EVO 7 with a different limb pocket, and shoots nice. I do not have much of any experience with the Bowtech, but I will say that both of those bows shoot very nice!

TN-Justin
December 27th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Love my Hammer. Shoots good and is very quiet. Haven't chrono'd it yet though. I'm shooting 60# @ 29".

silhouette13
December 27th, 2012, 03:23 PM
after winning my clubs christmas raffle, i got a Drive, it will be my hunting bow, and occasional field bow(skinny arrows) it is very quite, feels great, and my 8th shot was a center x robinhood, so plenty accurate, i am shooting 60# and 29.5 DL. i hope to get some FPS this weekend over the chrono. i am shooting 323gr arrow. i like the hammer, love the vendetta, like the drive.... very much! i am going to shoot a NFAA 20yd, and D with it , since my Supra is not in yet.