PDA

View Full Version : Ds evo vs dna

boomersooner23
December 18th, 2012, 04:41 PM
If you have shot both. What is the difference in the valley on the DS EVO and the DNA? I sold my Evo and ordered a DNA. I really liked the draw and valley on the Evo. Am I going to like the DNA? I also had an X-Force 6 HF for 3 years and I liked that bow.

talon1961
December 18th, 2012, 06:24 PM
If you want a great valley, set the draw length one hole short on the mod and lengthen the draw stop one hole. For example: I shoot 30" dl. I have the mod set to 29.5" and the draw stop at 30". The result is a draw length that measures 30" and a valley like you dream of! Mine (60-70) set up this way at 60# shoots a 355 grain arrow at 320 fps and a 394 grain Maxima Hunter 350 @ 306 fps and a 377 gr. Blue streak 350 @ 313 fps with just a peep and loop. It draws a little stiff, but at 60# it is so smooth and easy. It shoots faster at 60# than my GT500 shoots at 66# using the same arrows! It is really quiet, but has a little kick and vibe without a stab. Add a decent stab and it is awesome. I like it much better than the EVO I had. But, everyone is different. What you like may be completely different.

ToddB
December 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Valley is short, but not bad. Your DL needs to be spot on to a hair short and you should have no trouble. Bow holds like a rock for shorty. Crazy quiet and mine had 0 vibe without a stab! Loving it so far!

detroyer340
February 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
Depends what your DL is I just traded my DNA for a 2012 evo and like it alot better. I am a 30" draw and the DNA is the worst 30/70 bow I've ever drawn back, not to mention zero valley about ripped my arm off a few times. Deer don't stand still when hunting so this bow was not for me, with that said I liked everything else about it fast, quiet , no hand shock, and killer look! It was my first pse, so I'm no hater just being honest I much prefer the evo, now at 29" and under the DNA is nice if my draw were shorter I would have kept it