PDA

View Full Version : Coming back from shoulder injury... which PSE?

steve-in-kville
December 19th, 2012, 03:42 AM
I injured my shoulder a few years ago and I've been shooting a crossbow for the past 2 years. I've been shooting an old 45# recurve to get my strength back up. I think I am ready to go back to a compound and I have always been a PSE fan.

I am a smaller framed shooter. I think my draw length was around 26 - 27" with a release. So what model bow should I be looking at? I would prefer something that starts around 45# but can be turned up as my strength comes back. I was told I might want to consider a youth bow or even a women's bow.

I welcome your suggestions.

Belicoso
December 19th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Vendetta DC
Nice ATA,7 inch brace height,fast enough ,easy to tune cam system,very easy on the draw,draw length starts right at 26.5 inch.

Mr.Moose
December 19th, 2012, 08:04 AM
The Stinger3G or the Rally would be good choices, the Rally has the most adjustments for draw length and draw weight.

dschonbrun
December 19th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Give us a bit more info about you... what type of shooting do you like to do? Do you prefer speed over forgiveness?

cyclepath
December 19th, 2012, 04:03 PM
The new drive is an exceptional bow and for 500 dollars very hard to beat. I've shot the drive side by side with the new mathews, mission, hoyt and bear and the drive blows
them all away. Pulling 60 lbs feels like your pulling 50 lbs and with a 7 1/2 bh it's very pleasent on the draw. The drive cams are the best cams out there imo and it also
faster than what ibo states. Not the fastest horse in the corral but rides like a dream. If the dna doesn't blow me away I'll be adding the drive to my collection.

ia bhtr
December 19th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I have shoulder issues as well , bought a Vendetta DC ( drive cam ) for hunting and a Supra Max ( ME cam ) for target , both are smooth and easy to shoot , if for hunting only , depending on ATA you want , the Drive as mentioned or the Vendetta DC = excellent choice , target I would go with the Supra or possibly the Phenom which is 36"s ATA and also has the ME cam which mite be a nice option if you want a 1 bow do everything , hunt- 3D - target , type bow ,

Monkeybutt2000
December 19th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Vendetta DC,my favorite bow to date. VERY easy to shoot!

Rudy Coolens
December 20th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Dominator pro, smooooooooooooth and fasssssssssssssssssssssssst:th umbs_up

Kstigall
December 20th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Since you aren't positive of your draw length look at the bows with the mini-EVO cam. It draws fairly smooth and has very good speed. I have a 26" draw and use a 2012 Supra ME for spots and 3D. One of the shorter A-to-A bows might suit you better for hunting. Then Phenom, first cousin to the '12 Supra ME, should be a great do-it-all bow.

steve-in-kville
December 20th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am in the beginning stages of this. Since I also enjoy my tradional stuff I may give that a try too (or maybe I'll have them all??)

pit adder
December 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM
and the drive !!!!!
The Stinger3G or the Rally would be good choices, the Rally has the most adjustments for draw length and draw weight.

Rod Savini
December 20th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Vendetta DC for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve-in-kville
December 20th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Why is the Vendetta considered an "expert" bow? I've been out of the game for some years.... I'm not "expert" at anything any more!