PDA

View Full Version : Frankenbow Spec. Info Share

RatherBArchery
December 19th, 2012, 12:15 PM
How about a thread where you list the Frankenbow(s) you built and the specifications.......
OK, I'll start:
2011 Supra HP to Supra L6
used #17 Vendetta limbs (898) to make 60lb bow
used 2011 L6 cams because of the module pins
string length = 67.875"
control length = 44.75"
buss length = 39.4375"
IBO around 330 I was told....
Notes:
This bow shoots and holds VERY WELL!!
You can play with the module setting and draw stop to make the holding weight/let-off what you want it to be. I have also built an eccentric draw stop to help customize this as well.
Minimum drawlength with this is 27.5" from what I have heard??

RatherBArchery
December 19th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I would like to see a BMXXL or Supra MP if someone has done one????

whack&stack
December 19th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Bm XXL has been done with long limbs and dc cams. It's so dang smooth and quiet that its spooky

toj
December 19th, 2012, 01:47 PM
How much X is in a BM XXL?

RatherBArchery
December 19th, 2012, 03:02 PM
My Supra L6 is basically what you are talking about Whack, DC cams are just the updated L6's. What I am asking is for spec's on a BMXL with 12" limbs instead of the 10.5" limbs, all other parts remaining the same. Was going to try and do my BMX'X'L conversion to 37" ATA??!!

aaronb10
December 19th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I just built a BMXL with the longer limbs and the drive cams. The bow is 38" ata and 7" brace. Breathen built the string and cables for me.

whack&stack
December 19th, 2012, 03:29 PM
My Supra L6 is basically what you are talking about Whack, DC cams are just the updated L6's. What I am asking is for spec's on a BMXL with 12" limbs instead of the 10.5" limbs, all other parts remaining the same. Was going to try and do my BMX'X'L conversion to 37" ATA??!!

Yeah I know I said it has the long limbs

whack&stack
December 19th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I just built a BMXL with the longer limbs and the drive cams. The bow is 38" ata and 7" brace. Breathen built the string and cables for me.

Nice ain't it

hollywood88
December 20th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Workin on one right now that is a bit different from the recent pse frankebows ive seen. Im using a mach 9 riser and shorter straight limbs for an attempt at an old schoolish hunting rig. Im shooting for 38"ish ata with 7"bh and moderately high poundage. Got some maxis cams commin for it now all is left is finding the right limbs. It mocked up right now with some rageous limbs which are around 15" long and have the bow at 41" ata and 72 pounds but im wanting around 14" limbs and a touch more poundage, just dont know what limbs to use or where to find old pse parts

hollywood88
December 20th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Cant forget about my target bow aka resureXion. Its a 98 rageous riser with mach 9 target limbs and #3 maxis hl cams. Ata is 43.5" bh is 7.25" and even at only 50 pounds and 28" draw with a ibo legal arrow just hits 280fpsnot to bad for a bow that came in as a pile of pieces with stuff missing hence the name. Resurected from the dead

Double B
December 21st, 2012, 09:37 PM
Bm XXL has been done with long limbs and dc cams. It's so dang smooth and quiet that its spooky

I talked to him about this one and be said be wasn't doing that one anymore but that would be a dream bow for me

whack&stack
December 21st, 2012, 09:57 PM
I talked to him about this one and be said be wasn't doing that one anymore but that would be a dream bow for me

Yup some of them are one off bows. Supra with Uf cams is bad too

RatherBArchery
December 22nd, 2012, 07:52 AM

Think you are talking about the BMXL with the stock limbs and DC cams, he told me the short limbs WILL NOT handle the stress from those cams?!?! I would love to build that one myself as I have recently acquired a '12' BMXL.

RatherBArchery
December 24th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Nobody with any spec's on a BMXL with MP cam and 12" limbs??

72Beetle
December 29th, 2012, 12:28 AM
I am looking at having a BMXL with either the UF or DC cams. which ever gets me to a 33" dl. Riser is done in a chocolate AP.

RatherBArchery
December 29th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Go with 12" limbs and DC/L6 cams, that will get you 33" plus.

60X
December 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I'm currently shooting a bmxl with moneymaker limbs and madness cam. I call it a poor man's supra since I was able to build it with parts I had laying around.

RyanH
January 8th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Just got off the phone with Ron, this will be my second set of grips to order from him! His customer service speaks for himself! He has already gone out of his way to get what I'm looking for!

Bump for ya!

RatherBArchery
January 17th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I'm currently shooting a bmxl with moneymaker limbs and madness cam. I call it a poor man's supra since I was able to build it with parts I had laying around.

Basically what I want to do, care to share string lengths??