PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

68rocks
December 19th, 2012, 09:57 PM
My first ever bow the Drive will be here tomorrow. I know absolutely nothing about bow maintenance. What do I need to do to keep my new "investment" in tip-top shape? I've heard some kind of wax, oils, cleaners? What type of maintenance is usually required after each use, monthly, yearly?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

cyclepath
December 19th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the pse family and to AT. The one thing to make sure to do is keep the string and cables waxed. Most wax will work fine although some are better than others.
Your best source of information will come from the pro shop you bought the bow from, usually. Ask questions and have them show you things that pertain to the upkeep of
the bow. Most things only need to be done about once a year except for keeping the string and cables waxed. The pro shop should be willing to go over the bow and make
sure everything is as it should be and that it is in tune. Congrats on the new drive, it is a sweet shooter.

WCH
December 19th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Agree use the pro shop and keep your strings and cables waxed. I like bohning xcellerator wax and a lot of people use scorpion venom. One thing I would recommend is measure your bows draw weight, axel to axel, and brace height. Check this information every so often. If any of it changes you'll know something has happened such as your strings stretched or something like that. Every so often make sure your cams are in time and inspect your strings and cables regularly.

On a side not check your arrows for cracks or damage after each shot. This will save you pain and trouble in the long run.