PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new toy for shoulder....

cnorth
December 20th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I had shoulder surgery back in July.. I have been back shooting my axe 6 for about a month now. However I was wanting something a little easier on the ole shoulder, soooo I narrowed it down to the vendetta DC or the Supra Max.... Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated....

Rod Savini
December 20th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Vendettas are sweet. Haven't shot the supras but the vendettas are really smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bishjr
December 21st, 2012, 12:59 AM
Depends on what you are wanting to use it for. If you are wanting more what I would call a target cam, which more of a feel of a target bow, go with the Supra. If you are looking for a hunting bow with a butter smooth draw, go with the Vendetta. As you can see in my sig I love both these bows. You will not go wrong with either one.

cyclepath
December 21st, 2012, 02:13 PM
What kind of poundage are you going to want to shoot? Both bows you listed would be a good choice for sure but I would also check out the new phenom,
The specs are right where you are looking for. Good luck

Monkeybutt2000
December 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM
Haven't shot a Supra,but own and love the VDC!

cnorth
December 21st, 2012, 08:47 PM
I dont get to shoot 3 d anymore, but I still pratice as I did...( year around).. I am going to shoot about 58 lbs.. I hunt with bow only, but I LOVE praticing long distances and shooting dots....

SMABOWHUNTER
December 22nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
I also have both the Supra Max and a Vendetta XL. I really like them both. I am shooting the Vendetta for hunting and the Supra Max for 3d and targets. My VXL may be a little smoother on the draw. You will have to try them yourself and find out which feels better for you. Both these bows are super efficient so you could shoot a lower draw weight and still get real good speeds.

cnorth
December 22nd, 2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the reply.. I would love to try these bows, but there are no dealers willing to stock them unless I plan to buy them....

ia bhtr
December 22nd, 2012, 10:13 PM
I have both , Vendetta DC and Supra max , both are smooth drawing , if I was going to shoot long distance ( which I will this summer ) I would shoot the Supra , hunting would be the Vendetta w/o a doubt , my Vendetta does draw slightly smoother than does my Supra , they feel the same to me when the Vendetta is set 5-7#s heavier , as far as pull goes