PDA

View Full Version : Some updated news from PSE

MonsterMike7
December 21st, 2012, 12:34 PM
Well guys, i just got off the phone with pse about my 65 pound dna.... some bad news for those of you who are still waiting for the 5lb limbs.... another 3 to 4 weeks of waiting..... the good news is that they changed my order over to a 60 pounder and will ship out today or the 26th at the latest... Their advise was to get the even number limbs if you want the bow faster....So im a happy camper... thanks PSE!!

pit adder
December 21st, 2012, 01:55 PM
hot digidy shazaaammmmm !!!!pse rocks !!wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! is sants real or what !that will be ANOTHER SATISFIED PSE CUSTOMER !

RatherBArchery
December 21st, 2012, 02:18 PM
Wonder if limb shims can be added to these limbs?? If so get 60's and add shims.

Rod Savini
December 21st, 2012, 02:22 PM
Wonder if limb shims can be added to these limbs?? If so get 60's and add shims.

I believe you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwagoner
December 21st, 2012, 02:24 PM
Well guys, i just got off the phone with pse about my 65 pound dna.... some bad news for those of you who are still waiting for the 5lb limbs.... another 3 to 4 weeks of waiting..... the good news is that they changed my order over to a 60 pounder and will ship out today or the 26th at the latest... Their advise was to get the even number limbs if you want the bow faster....So im a happy camper... thanks PSE!!

That sucks....i know alot like the inbetween ranges for poundage, 55-65 is a nice range for alot that dont like 70# bows, atleast you got a bow coming in the mail, congrats!!! I wouldnt have wanted to wait another month either if it were me.

hot digidy shazaaammmmm !!!!pse rocks !!wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! is sants real or what !that will be ANOTHER SATISFIED PSE CUSTOMER !

LOL excited or what?

MonsterMike7
December 21st, 2012, 02:48 PM
Yeah I don't like the 70 lb too much either because not all bows will go down to 60. My evo would only go to 64 lbs and maxed out at 73. I'm just glad I was able to get a bow on the way. Thanks for the congrats dwagoner!! As for the shims..... I'll cross that bridge if I need to when the time comes. For the most part I'm just happy it's coming. Not even too sure what shims are anyway lol.

cyclepath
December 21st, 2012, 02:48 PM
Does this mean pse is still that far behind on orders that they aren't going to start production of the 55 or 65# limbs for another month?
Wonder where that puts the custom color bows as far as a time line, especially if you order one with odd lbs limbs?

MonsterMike7
December 21st, 2012, 02:56 PM
Does this mean pse is still that far behind on orders that they aren't going to start production of the 55 or 65# limbs for another month?
Wonder where that puts the custom color bows as far as a time line, especially if you order one with odd lbs limbs?

From what I was told theyre still inspecting the limbs to see if theyre gonna work and tune properly so my guess is that production is at a hault till they get it right. they said 3 to 4 weeks before they ship out and of course they need to ship all the pending orders first and so on. custom shop jobs.......dont even want to think about that... probably 16 weeks at least

Monkeybutt2000
December 21st, 2012, 04:47 PM
I have a 55# Omen max,and my Evo Max at 65# just shipped. Must just be the DNA limbs that are running behind.

RatherBArchery
December 21st, 2012, 05:00 PM
Can't blame PSE for running extra tests on a new batch of limbs.

ColoradoHunter
December 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
There are 65#'s and 55#'s out there already. I've had my 65# Omen Max since the second week of November, but it was ordered very early on 1 October. Nothing new about the limbs, just defections that fall between the 70#'s and the 60#'s. I bought a set of 55#'s for my 2007 XF6 a few years ago to turn it into a target 3d rig.

As far as wait times, it is really dependent on exactly what you order. I think the one biggest hang up is all the camo options that are available now. Back when there was only one camo I could order a bow and it was sitting at my house three days later, now I rarely see one that fast. I think it's great we now have options on camo but there is a price to pay for it in wait times.

Custom orders can be the same way, a couple years ago my buddy and I ordered two identical bows at the same time, except his was a custom color so it had to go through the custom shop. He got his two weeks before I got mine. When it gets right down to it, it depends what you ordered and when.

Overall I think PSE does a good job at balancing thier production runs with demand.