PDA

View Full Version : DNA my initial thoughts.

whack n' stack
December 23rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
Most of you guys have already saw all the great reviews on the PSE DNA. I am not going to change the tone of the reviews because I really can't pick a fault with this bow as of now.:thumbs_up

I do not have many arrows at all through the bow but can say with absolute certainty the bow is a real shooter. In another thread I said it is even forgiving. I'm very new to PSE but imo, their grips are as repeatable as I've felt. Shot to shot consistency is outstanding.

The draw cycle grows on you very quickly. Your muscle memory kicks in quickly. You will find yourself "locking" onto a spot very easily. So far I can consistantly slap arrows at 30 yards. I cannot wait to back up to 80-100 yards.:tongue:

These bows tune nock level as well. Binary level! As far as lean, mine wanted a little bit of pre-lean and it was good to go. 4 twists in the left yoke 4 out of the right and she shot right down the middle.

This is one of the best hunting bows for 2013 guys imo.

Merry Christmas.

Norm

ontarget7
December 23rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Most of you guys have already saw all the great reviews on the PSE DNA. I am not going to change the tone of the reviews because I really can't pick a fault with this bow as of now.:thumbs_up

I do not have many arrows at all through the bow but can say with absolute certainty the bow is a real shooter. In another thread I said it is even forgiving. I'm very new to PSE but imo, their grips are as repeatable as I've felt. Shot to shot consistency is outstanding.

The draw cycle grows on you very quickly. Your muscle memory kicks in quickly. You will find yourself "locking" onto a spot very easily. So far I can consistantly slap arrows at 30 yards. I cannot wait to back up to 80-100 yards.:tongue:

These bows tune nock level as well. Binary level! As far as lean, mine wanted a little bit of pre-lean and it was good to go. 4 twists in the left yoke 4 out of the right and she shot right down the middle.

Merry Christmas.

Norm

Hey Norm, glad you are enjoying it :thumbs_up

whack n' stack
December 23rd, 2012, 07:35 PM
Hey Norm, glad you are enjoying it :thumbs_up

I am indeed Shane, thank you!

Now the wait for my Omen Max. Should be here mid January.

In the mean time I hear santa is bringing me some new accessories for the new PSE's!!!

ia bhtr
December 23rd, 2012, 07:39 PM

Merry Christmas.

Norm

Good deal Norm , pretty new to PSE myself ( shot em 20 yrs ago tho ) , your comment on yoke twisting , for the folks on here that havent played with this , it is unbelievable what you can do with these PSEs yoke tuning with their staggered limb deflections , bareshafting after you get it flying down the middle , " if " you have set nocking point pretty close to level and are having any issues with nock high or low , it is amazing with these bows what a half a twist one end or the other will do for arrow flight , thinkin pretty hard about a DNA myself for next yr , specially if I do the Elk thing like I want to ..... keep us posted on your new toy and what it takes to get it shooting to your liking , sounds like maybe it already has , and as you said , Merry Christams to all :)

whack n' stack
December 23rd, 2012, 09:41 PM
Good deal Norm , pretty new to PSE myself ( shot em 20 yrs ago tho ) , your comment on yoke twisting , for the folks on here that havent played with this , it is unbelievable what you can do with these PSEs yoke tuning with their staggered limb deflections , bareshafting after you get it flying down the middle , " if " you have set nocking point pretty close to level and are having any issues with nock high or low , it is amazing with these bows what a half a twist one end or the other will do for arrow flight , thinkin pretty hard about a DNA myself for next yr , specially if I do the Elk thing like I want to ..... keep us posted on your new toy and what it takes to get it shooting to your liking , sounds like maybe it already has , and as you said , Merry Christams to all :)

Spot on man with yoke tuning PSE! It's a breeze and you really can fine tune the arrows flight.

Just messing with the QAD Exodus and Grizz Trick today was fun. With my yoke tuning I have ft's and these bh's all hitting the same out to 40 yards. Granted 40 yards is not too far and a good baseline for me. I think this bow will shine out too 100 yards if I do my part!!

Norm

archery j
December 23rd, 2012, 10:29 PM
Congrats on the new bow Norm, I just recently picked up my first Pse in 20 years; living it so far! Have a great Christmas...

whack n' stack
December 23rd, 2012, 11:44 PM
Congrats on the new bow Norm, I just recently picked up my first Pse in 20 years; living it so far! Have a great Christmas...

Merry Christmas to you too my friend!

Karbon
December 24th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Great to hear
I'm still shocked how much I dig the DNA

whack n' stack
December 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Great to hear
I'm still shocked how much I dig the DNA

Aren't they just plain sweet!!!!

whack n' stack
January 12th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Welp..after some more time behind the DNA I'm still singing the same tune.

I've played with so many different 2013 models/brands and imo the DNA is king of the hill as far as hunting bows go. For 3D, this bow will flat perform as well.

The 70% let off has dramatically improved my shooting. Whatever the engineers at PSE did to produce this bow, it amazes me! For it's speed and physical size, I've never shot a more forgiving bow, period. That statement is counter intuitive to conventional thinking on low brace height speed bows!

PSE has re-wrote the book on speed and shoot ability for 2013!

detroyer340
January 12th, 2013, 06:09 PM
I will be getting my DNA Monday or Tuesday, my first pse I'm coming from a invasion which I shot at 30/70 and found to be pretty easy drawing, if you've ever shot a invasion what can I expect ( didn't get to shoot a DNA as pse isn't real big where I live no dealers close by) I did shoot my buddies 2012 omen pro yesterday at 29" 63lb and it drew very nice it amazed me how accurate I was with it with the 5 1/2 in brace height. Also how quiet and shock free it was. I thought the omen drew very nice

BucksnBass525
January 12th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Congrats on a super bow! Funny the comment above about the 5.5" BH Omen Max shooting so accurately, you hear that more and more lately when it comes to the PSE bows.
The guys behind these bows are really developing some smooth drawing, forgiving speed bows that more and more guys will be taking to the treestands this fall. Shoot I may even consider a Omen Max, we are only talking .5" difference in brace compared to the DNA which hasn't bothered me a bit.

whack n' stack
January 12th, 2013, 10:25 PM
I will be getting my DNA Monday or Tuesday, my first pse I'm coming from a invasion which I shot at 30/70 and found to be pretty easy drawing, if you've ever shot a invasion what can I expect ( didn't get to shoot a DNA as pse isn't real big where I live no dealers close by) I did shoot my buddies 2012 omen pro yesterday at 29" 63lb and it drew very nice it amazed me how accurate I was with it with the 5 1/2 in brace height. Also how quiet and shock free it was. I thought the omen drew very nice
You can expect one heck of a bow! The Invasion is a great bow. Many claim it's Bowtech's best ever.

The PSE is a whole different beast. For how smooth and fast it is, it is super quiet and vibe free when set up properly.

It takes a few shots to really get used to it. Your muscles will take over as you learn the feel of the bow and let off. One thing is for certain, the bow holds like a rock with 70% let off.

I'm betting you'll love the DNA!

detroyer340
January 12th, 2013, 11:19 PM
That's good to hear, I love the specs and look of it! I know I really was impressed with my buddies omen pro!

whack n' stack
January 13th, 2013, 01:29 PM
That's good to hear, I love the specs and look of it! I know I really was impressed with my buddies omen pro!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the DNA!

whack n' stack
January 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM
I put the DNA through the chrono today after a little tweaking and was very impressed.

The specs on my DNA are 70#, 28.5" dl, and 402 grain arrow.

Right out of the box the bow was set at 68.2 lbs maxed out. At that weight it shot 308, 308. I tweaked a little bit and set the bow at 69.5 lbs and the bow shot 311,312. That put it at 351 ibo with a loaded string.

It's so nice to hit ibo with a loaded string! I'm hoping to coax a few more fps out of her this week.

I'm really enjoying the DNA guys!

P&y only
January 13th, 2013, 07:02 PM
I understand yoke tuning very well. But I was wondering if you adjusted the cable slide gizmo at all before you did the yoke tuning? I see it says it can be adjusted to reduce the lean.

whack n' stack
January 13th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I understand yoke tuning very well. But I was wondering if you adjusted the cable slide gizmo at all before you did the yoke tuning? I see it says it can be adjusted to reduce the lean.

You can move the flex slide up. That would bring the cables even closer to the center.

No, I didn't move mine. The stock config leaves perfect clearance for blazers with odd vane up. For fun I might play with it in the future.

As far as the lean in the system, it does not require much at all. I put 3 twists in the left yoke and 3 out of the right and she tuned nock level and center. If you lay an arrow on the top cam it'll cross the string at 1/8"ish at the loop. I'd imagine you could do a little better moving the flex slide.