PDA

View Full Version : New Evo Max,quick question....................

Monkeybutt2000
December 24th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Just got this in,there is a Santa! Anyways,how many of the limb pocket bolts do I need to loosen to press this thing? The manual is very vague.

Breathn
December 24th, 2012, 01:29 PM
you dont need to loosen any to press it..unless you want to back it down..then just the 2 on the pocket clamps..1 on each pocket that is on bottom of pocket that clamps it to riser

BP1992
December 24th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Pics?

Monkeybutt2000
December 24th, 2012, 02:48 PM
John,I'm not doubting the PSE master,but it clearly states in the manual to back out the limb bolts 4 turns before pressing. But like I said earlier,the manual is vague,lol!! Here's some pics:

Rod Savini
December 24th, 2012, 02:50 PM
John,I'm not doubting the PSE master,but it clearly states in the manual to back out the limb bolts 4 turns before pressing. But like I said earlier,the manual is vague,lol!! Here's some pics:

All the places I have been too don't back the limb bolts out for pressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckman2591
December 24th, 2012, 07:19 PM
PSE recommends all of their bows be backed off 4 full turns from maxed before being pressed

Monkeybutt2000
December 26th, 2012, 08:08 AM
So I've put about 10 arrows through this bow,and to be straight-up honest,the draw cycle is terrible. I don't know what it maxes at,bit it's a 65#. I can barely draw the thing. I had an Omen @ 64# that was easier to draw than this. Any

Monkeybutt2000
December 26th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Update: checked the poundage on my scale and it's pullin 66#s. I just can't figure the draw cycle on this bow,it literally feels like i'm drawing 75+ lbs.

crmoore83
December 26th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Did you check the cam timing marks to make sure the cams are timed properly?

Also is there your first PSE Evo? If so what did you shot before?

FUDS
December 26th, 2012, 08:59 PM
It's hard to tell, and maybe it's a funny angle, but it looks like the timing marks on your cams are on the string side.

The only time i backed my limbs out was when I was using a bowmaster press :wink:
I have a bow time machine now and I don't worry about backing the limbs out. Even when i worked at Gander I didn't bother

Breathn
December 26th, 2012, 10:25 PM
yeah i guess im a rebble....i dont back them down..backing the evo down makes the fingers hit even lower under the limb tips so I dont..especailly with the preload on the evo.....heck I dont even on 100 pdrs..
If the draw cycle is stiff something isnt right...side by side with a omen it should feel like butter

g88
December 26th, 2012, 10:41 PM
No way it's that bad unless there is a timing issue. Or you are mistaking the stiff very smooth draw for being harsh, evo I way smoother the omen.

g88
December 26th, 2012, 10:43 PM
P.s

I don't back out my limb bolts either, Never ha any issues.

Andy.
December 27th, 2012, 10:36 AM
To me the evo draw cycle is opposite of the omen, omen starts easy and builds weight fast and holds it till the end. Evo hits peak weight really fast then tapers off and it butter smooth after that. That's the way it was when I had a 2011 evo and omen.

That could be why you are feeling that the weight is higher on the evo.

Monkeybutt2000
December 27th, 2012, 11:01 AM
To me the evo draw cycle is opposite of the omen, omen starts easy and builds weight fast and holds it till the end. Evo hits peak weight really fast then tapers off and it butter smooth after that. That's the way it was when I had a 2011 evo and omen.

That could be why you are feeling that the weight is higher on the evo.

You're exactly right. I played with this bow some more today,and it's just like you described. I was able to draw it alot better after some more practice. I did end up backing the limb bolts out 2 turns and it was much more manageable. Also I won't even bother backing the limbs out to press these anymore,is it just PSE covering there butt or what?

buckman2591
December 27th, 2012, 01:23 PM
That's my guess