PDA

View Full Version : Flex slide??

drive4x4
December 24th, 2012, 06:02 PM
How tight should the allen key bolt be for the slide, does it float or should it be rigid, there seems to be a fair bit of flex when at rest but if I leave a bit loose my flights look like they will hit

Andy.
December 24th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Mine is snug. Wasn't sure if it was adjustable so I left it. No problems at all tuning.

drive4x4
December 24th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Thank you, I'll do mine up a bit

ColoradoHunter
December 25th, 2012, 02:13 PM
The Flex Slide is adjustable, for best results back the bolt out till you just have clearance for your vanes at rest. A little is a lot when it comes to backing the bolt out. I'm not sure how far out it can go but from my observations I wouldn't go more than 1.5 turns out on the bolt.

drive4x4
December 25th, 2012, 04:31 PM
thanks, i made the adjustment and made a small scribe mark on the bolt and slide to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't undo.

Bone Hed Killer
December 25th, 2012, 11:34 PM
here a question my bow shop has a new 2012 Dom max,I was wondering the only thing different is the flex guard!
dose it make differents because I can get this bow at a really good price.please let me know your input.
thanks

Belicoso
December 26th, 2012, 08:17 AM
here a question my bow shop has a new 2012 Dom max,I was wondering the only thing different is the flex guard!
dose it make differents because I can get this bow at a really good price.please let me know your input.
thanks

Different pockets beside the cable rod.I would go with the 2012 if the price is right,if you want to play later with bringing your cables closer to the center line of the bow,there are many other options as well.
Most I talked to told me the cables donīt come into view at full draw much at all on the 2013 bows,that shows me that the flex is not flexing as much and other cable rod systems can bring the cables in closer .
I put a custom bent cable rod on the my 2012 Supra and wasnīt be able to tell a difference in tuning and in my scores(I am sure others who shoot better will probably notice a difference on long ranges,maybe),so the ATA of the Dom is even longer and there fore is even less impact on the system than on my Supra.

Core Archery
December 26th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I backed mine out as much as I could. Took bolt out an lock titled it before hand. When you do this you will half to remove the string stop. Your cables will hit on the draw. Of course I have a supra max an using it for target. So stops not a necessity.

Bone Hed Killer
December 26th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Different pockets beside the cable rod.I would go with the 2012 if the price is right,if you want to play later with bringing your cables closer to the center line of the bow,there are many other options as well.
Most I talked to told me the cables donīt come into view at full draw much at all on the 2013 bows,that shows me that the flex is not flexing as much and other cable rod systems can bring the cables in closer .
I put a custom bent cable rod on the my 2012 Supra and wasnīt be able to tell a difference in tuning and in my scores(I am sure others who shoot better will probably notice a difference on long ranges,maybe),so the ATA of the Dom is even longer and there fore is even less impact on the system than on my Supra.

Thanks for input! I look at lim pockets & the flex guard and yea , the price is Wright and not worth 400$ more!