PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite PSE of all time...

Breathn
December 25th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Well ive loved so many different pses since the late 80s..then in late 2006 I got to lay eyes on a bow called an Xforce that my rep had at a local shop i use to go to...It was due out in 2007 and it was love at first shot..LOl Since I have liked so many and hard to say wich is my favorite..Well today I found the one I can honestly say is my favorite bow of all time,,,and low and behold it was a pink skull works camo minin burner...set at 16pds and 16in draw..:wink:
I have setup a bunch of them since they came out and love seeing youngsters get into it and enjoy it but today good ol Santa left one under the tree for my 6 yr old daughter who is a permanent fixture in my shop daily and loves being around archery.The excitement in her eyes was absolutely priceless when she pulled it out ..she was actually speechless for the first time in her life of 6yr(going on 21..lol) and once all the other toys and clothes were out and played with I took it out to the shop and did a quick setup for her,she came out and went to shooting...she caught on quick from being around it so much and after fine tuning the draw length was absolutely hitting the target at 10yds like a champ..she and I didnt care where as long as it hit...she proceded to shoot about 30 shots or so and mom called for us to come in and she was a little depressed to leave it..but i assured her she would have all time she needed with it this week and she felt a little better..I can honestly say it was the pinnacle of my archery career watching her shoot 30 arrows in a 26 in spot and be happy to see the arrow sticking in the target no matter where..Kinda made all the ibo speeds,perfect bullit holes and bare shaft tuning feel very unimportant..lol
So I can honestly say pse built my favorite bow of all time..even though its 15in short on draw for me and 70-75pds to light on weight...

Hope everyone had a good christmas.....:thumbs_up

archerykid13
December 25th, 2012, 09:57 PM
That's great to hear John!!! Sounds like you had a great Christmas!!

Bow Me
December 25th, 2012, 09:59 PM
:thumbup:

thebeav
December 25th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Nice to hear, I too have a six year old and man he loves to shoot but I just need to work on him being more patient but other then that he loves it. Hope you had a merry christmas

Sneezy
December 25th, 2012, 10:32 PM
thats a truly great story! i bought my 8yr old daughter a bow recently picked up a menace for her in pink marble and got her a pink little soft side case with a pink hand strap and the local guy that i got the bow from gave me a fat discount and even tossed in a free copper john sight and a few arrows to round out the deal! i hope my daughter listens and takes to it as well as yours did, bit if not she will be on the 4H archery team really soon so if shes not a quick learner she will have someone help teach her in addition to the time i get with her and hopefully i can stay painfree enough with the meds to spend a few days a week with her shooting! cheers and merry christmas to you and your little one sir!

Rod Savini
December 25th, 2012, 10:38 PM
That's great!!! Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meatmissile
December 25th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Congrats John, you have hit the PINNICAL of your archery carer. Nothing like seeing those we cultivate take the knowledge and become as addimate about as we are..

NY911
December 26th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Awesome story John - Merry Christmas!

Turk745
December 26th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Great story!!! My four year old is hooked too.

Kateraman
December 26th, 2012, 11:31 AM
What a great story! I have a 13 year old daughter and 11 year old son that I started in archery about 2 years ago. I take them both to local 3d shoots as often as they want, my son is usually th one that goes most often. He and his Hoyt Trykon Junior are a great shot and has bow hunted with me for 2 years now with some very close I counters but hasn't sealed the deal yet. My daughter is pulling 50lbs plus on her Diamond Razors Edge and can thread a half dozen gold tips in a baseball sized group from 30 yards. I got them into archery because it teaches the love for a discipline that takes much practice to master, but little skill to thoroughly enjoy! As for my favorite PSE? My Freak is my favorite cause it is my first PSE I've ever owned!

HOKIE_FAN
December 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I shot a G-Force for about 10 years and loved that bow. It was a rocket for that time frame but it had a wicked wrist slap if you got lazy on your form. That 5 1/2 inch brace was nasty. I now shoot a 12 Brute-X and I absolutely love it. Before it left the shop I had the tubed peep removed and replaced it. I have not experienced the string twist that alot of the folks report... So far I couldn't be happier.

ColoradoHunter
December 26th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Great story John, Merry Christmas!

archery j
December 26th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Congrats and Merry Christmas!

cyclepath
December 26th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Santa just happened to have a pink skullworks camo mini burner? lol
I hope you got some pics of her opening it.

evobowhunter
December 26th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Man thats great and love to hear shes hooked too

RatherBArchery
December 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
My favorite PSE to date for hunting has been the '08'DSHF I just sold last year BUT, to stay in the spirit of this thread it has to be my sons BRUTE X !!!! He took his first deer with it and his shooting has improved SO MUCH!!