PDA

View Full Version : Deadeye and Limbdriver Pro V

jwstopper1
December 28th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Just wondering if there are any fit issues with installing a Limbdriver Pro V rest on a Diamond Deadeye. The reason I ask is that I originally attempted to install a NAP Apache rest on it but found that the cage would not fit with the flex guard cable roller. If anyone has any experience with it just let me know!

Thanks ahead of time

scornedgrappler
January 11th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Have you had the opportunity to see if the Limbdriver rest works with your Deadeye? If I were you, I would go with a standard style drop away. Most of the models today have some form of retention system that will keep your arrow from rattling around while stalking.

jwstopper1
January 11th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Yes I have in fact tried it. After calling Vaportrail and asking, they told me that it would definitely fit. I installed it couldn't be more happy with it. They supply a rubber arrow holder with the rest that works decent, but most of the time I don't use it The curved arrow shelf of the Deadeye does a good job of keeping the arrow from rattling around when practicing and shooting from a treestand. The rest was super easy to install with no timing issues and is quiet as a church mouse. I use to shoot a biscuit, and the accuracy of the bow shows better with the Limbdriver.

I tried a Ultrarest when I first got the bow and had all kinds of timing issues, and my fletchings wouldn't clear the prongs due to the arrow shelf. The Limbdriver sits completely behind the arrow shelf and there are absolutely no fit issues.