PDA

View Full Version : Supra max with flex slide observations

Core Archery
December 29th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Just wondering what you guys have found out. 1st, if you back your flex rod out too far your cables will hit the string stop on the draw. Also, your bottom string stop will very slightly rub on cable on draw cutting your serving over time. Thirdly I moved my flex rod to the upper mount position. This isn't working at all, riser curves out slightly more an causes more torque on the cables. Causing a tuning nightmare for me. Top cam wants to lean more an tunes nock high an inside .

ia bhtr
December 29th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Jury is still out for me , it is something new for me that I havent been around , I do shoot my ME better than my Max , but to be fair the 2 bows are set up differently , gonna shoot both today and try to get them set up identical ........... as far as the flex rod , I sure get better clearance than on my ME and not thinking it is causing any probs , I can bareshaft the bow at 20 yds , my fletched arrow ill be in the X , the barehaft will be in the white but closer to the blue and that seems as good as I can get it , my Vendetta will robin hood arrows in the X and makes no difference whether you shoot flteched 1st or bareshaft 1st , just stacks em in there , havent been able to achieve that with my Max

alaz
December 29th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Just wondering what you guys have found out. 1st, if you back your flex rod out too far your cables will hit the string stop on the draw. Also, your bottom string stop will very slightly rub on cable on draw cutting your serving over time. Thirdly I moved my flex rod to the upper mount position. This isn't working at all, riser curves out slightly more an causes more torque on the cables. Causing a tuning nightmare for me. Top cam wants to lean more an tunes nock high an inside .

The stock position on the Supra is lower down (closer to the arrow shelf)?
Does moving it up or down create any more or less lean in the bottom cam?
Is it tuning down the middle with the flex rod in the lower position?

alaz
December 29th, 2012, 04:29 PM
BTW...how many turns out with the flex rod before you noticed that the cables hit the draw stop?

Core Archery
December 31st, 2012, 11:25 AM
It comes in the lower position. Didn't notice any real bottom cam lean in either. I backed it out till the cables were even with the shelf side of the riser at rest. That's where t was hitting. The upper position if you look at your riser curves away fromk the shelf just a little more

bowfisher
January 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM
bump