PDA

View Full Version : stinger 3g??

UnholySaint
December 29th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Are there any mods that can be done to a 2012 stinger or am I better off getting a new bow?

Mr.Moose
December 30th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Just replace the factory string and cables with aftermarket ones. What mods are you talking about? It shoot real good just the way it is.

60X
December 30th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I couldn't agree more. Upgrade the factory strings and you have a great bow at a very affordable price.

Andrew L
December 30th, 2012, 01:58 PM
PSE recommends America's Best Bow Strings.
Is there a better after market choice?
And if so why?

Mr.Moose
December 30th, 2012, 02:08 PM
There are alot of good string makers here on AT and PSE recommends America's Best Bow Strings because they supply PSE with their bow strings for the upper line of PSE Bows.
The other strings are made in house.

UnholySaint
December 30th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Yahoo I have to replace strings this year . Any recommendations on a stabilizer to help it hold on target a little better?

WCH
January 1st, 2013, 02:03 AM
Get something with weight forward technology. I'm going to get a 10" side rod that I can stack weights on. This will allow me to get the best feel possible.

Westaussieguy
January 1st, 2013, 07:45 AM
The best mod I made to my Stinger 3g was to replace the draw stop, I made a solid aluminium stop and replaced the rubber stop. It made the back wall nice and solid and my indoor scores really showed the difference. I replaced the strings after 12 months just because I could ( I make my own) and not because they needed it. I shoot a 30" stab with 12" side rods indoors, but could probably do without the side rods because the bow is pretty well balanced.
Outdoors for 3D I use a custom made 12" stab that does the job real well. Get a stab that you can adjust the weights on and experiment until it holds nice.

Devans83
January 1st, 2013, 09:45 PM
What 12" to 15" stab should I look at?

Devans83
January 2nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
The best mod I made to my Stinger 3g was to replace the draw stop, I made a solid aluminium stop and replaced the rubber stop. It made the back wall nice and solid and my indoor scores really showed the difference. I replaced the strings after 12 months just because I could ( I make my own) and not because they needed it. I shoot a 30" stab with 12" side rods indoors, but could probably do without the side rods because the bow is pretty well balanced.
Outdoors for 3D I use a custom made 12" stab that does the job real well. Get a stab that you can adjust the weights on and experiment until it holds nice.

Show some pics of your setup please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.