PDA

View Full Version : Insanity cured with a good dose of DNA

masterchef
December 29th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I started out with pse about 16 years ago and moved away from them shooting everything under the sun. Mathews, hoyt, bowtech, strother, elite, then back to bowtech last year when I bought an insanity. I really like it and thought is was the best bow I had shot. That was until i fell to the hype of the DNA. I was super hesitant to stray from bowtech to go to pse but the great reviews got the best of me and I am glad they did.

I have had the bow for two weeks and I already shoot it better than any bow I have owned and I think the lower let off is part of it. I really like how it locks you into the target and when you let down it doesn't go from 0 - 100 taking your shoulder with it. It is also the quietest bow I have ever shot. All other bows I have owned have always had a smidge of noise that I never could get rid of, not this one. I took it hunting for the first time this evening and was lucky enough to harvest a deer. You know how dead quiet the woods can be in the winter with snow on, well when the shot went off the only noise I heard was the arrow blasting through the deer.

Just thought I would share how happy I am to be back with the much improved company PSE!

Diamond_Victory
December 30th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Going to shoot a DNA on Monday, excited to give it a try

xSHIFTxNASTYx
December 30th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Love reading little mini-reviews like this... I'm still patiently waiting for mine!

AddicTioN
December 30th, 2012, 12:23 AM
i loved the dna..trying to sell my elite now so i can get one...

ontarget7
December 30th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Congrats. They are indeed a sweet shooting machine with a great draw cycle and excellent speeds to go with it.

ontarget7
December 30th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Love reading little mini-reviews like this... I'm still patiently waiting for mine!

January is right around the corner.
Thanks for your patience bro

whack&stack
December 30th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I gotta shoot one of these for kicks

Karbon
December 30th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Speeds on the DNA I just tested...
27.5 @ 60.2#
Shooting Chrony Beta
5 shot ave, tossed high and low
300grain @ 325fps
312grain @ 317fps
378grain @ 291fps
392grain @ 286fps
412grain @ 283fps

loaded string with peep and loop too.

Great bow I still think.

archerykid13
December 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Speeds on the DNA I just tested...
27.5 @ 60.2#
Shooting Chrony Beta
5 shot ave, tossed high and low
300grain @ 325fps
312grain @ 317fps
378grain @ 291fps
392grain @ 286fps
412grain @ 283fps

loaded string with peep and loop too.

Great bow I still think.
Right at IBO! Can't wait to get mine.

whack&stack
December 30th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Guesstimate on string weight but that's impressive. Program runs about 2fps fast

Karbon
December 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM
This thing has me shooting well...I think LO and keeping tabs on my form may have been my issue for a long time.

Sucker packs a punch too.

3/16 Meta Peep and D loop, were on the string, factory ABB's on the bow too. I'm still impressed!

BDevilRon
December 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Spent 3 days witht his bow. Seriously considered getting rif of my insanity with the limb issues already being replaced once. AWESOME shooting bow! Found it to be a bit stiff and the 75% let off, well let's just say wasn't for my liking. FOund the drawcycle to be ok and not any smoother than the Insanity. Not a bit faster than I am getting. And to be honest, it is butt ugly. Great bow and will sale a boat load of em. Decided to stay with the insanity. And before all the panties get in a wad. It is a fine bow. I'd got so far as to say sweet. Not any sweeterthan the insanity however. On par!
This thing has me shooting well...I think LO and keeping tabs on my form may have been my issue for a long time.

Sucker packs a punch too.

3/16 Meta Peep and D loop, were on the string, factory ABB's on the bow too. I'm still impressed!

whack&stack
December 30th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Who's panties are gonna get wadded? People like different bows big deal

masterchef
December 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
i loved my insanity too but like Karbon I found I can shoot the lower let off and shorter valley way better. I had no problems in a hunting situation and have practiced holding to see how long I could hold it and I can hold longer than I would ever need to. The quality of the bow is a notch above bowtech to me as far as finish and presentation. I think if bowtech doesn't fix there finish issues then they are going to lose sells

BDevilRon
December 30th, 2012, 11:05 PM
They have had issues with the limbs for over 3 yrs. And I'd beg to differ a notch above but each his own. Now they may have paint issues but in no way would I EVER say a better looking bow. If you like a VERTICAL looking bow, maybe a better presentation for ya. As I said they will sell a boat load of em. Nice bow!
i loved my insanity too but like Karbon I found I can shoot the lower let off and shorter valley way better. I had no problems in a hunting situation and have practiced holding to see how long I could hold it and I can hold longer than I would ever need to. The quality of the bow is a notch above bowtech to me as far as finish and presentation. I think if bowtech doesn't fix there finish issues then they are going to lose sells

masterchef
December 31st, 2012, 12:26 AM
They have had issues with the limbs for over 3 yrs. And I'd beg to differ a notch above but each his own. Now they may have paint issues but in no way would I EVER say a better looking bow. If you like a VERTICAL looking bow, maybe a better presentation for ya. As I said they will sell a boat load of em. Nice bow!

can you elaborate on the limb issues?

Rod Savini
December 31st, 2012, 12:28 AM

With bowtech or PSE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDevilRon
December 31st, 2012, 01:04 AM
Bowtrch has had issues with limbs flaking and peeling for at least 4 yrs. You hear bad on here with customer service etc. FAR fromt he case. You go thru a dealer you will get em replaced timely. AM told handled this time. WHy I considered trading mine for the DNA, the only reason. I found the IBO a closer MAYBE with the DNA. Not worth arguing. The insanity is smooter draw and quieter. The DNA was a bit stiff but could punch solid groups, didn't like the 75% let off. Though in the end I felt like it measured up well but decided no better than the insanity abd in my eyes just butt ugly1 bUT A VERY NICE BOW! wILL SELL BOAT LOADS OF EM! I;d wait for the new release by bowtech before I did anything.
With bowtech or PSE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk