Question on PSE bow [Archive] - ArcheryTalk Forum: Archery Target, Bowhunting, Classifieds, Chat

: Question on PSE bow

December 31st, 2012, 07:00 PM
Hey guys,
I am brand new to archery and picked up a used PSE Whitetail Extreme from an individual. The max this bow can be set at is 80lbs. It has a 28" - 30" draw length. The tech support agent from PSE told me that they were sent out of the factory with 60 - 70 lb limbs, so that tells me that the limbs were replaced. I have it turned down close to 70 but cannot pull it back more than twice a session before my arms get tired. The tech also told me that they dont make replacement limbs specifically for my bow since they were last made in 2005. Is there a way to change the limbs out on this with another model or should I just try to get used to shooting at 70? Like I said, I am new to this so any knowledge you can bestow on me would be appreciated! lol

January 1st, 2013, 08:16 PM
What year is it? I jus checked their tune charts on their website and it doesnt show a whitetail extreme bow
Click on support on their website and then tune charts. You can find specs on any bow they made. Hope that helps ya

January 1st, 2013, 10:02 PM
It isn't listed on that site because it was a Bass Pro exclusive bow. I got the specs for the bow from a PSE rep, but the limbs i have on them were not the limbs that originally came with the bow. I was just trying to see if anyone knew if other limbs could be used for this bow since they don't make them anymore. Thanks for your help though!