PDA

View Full Version : Archery research

WCH
December 31st, 2012, 11:40 PM
Hey guys, these bows are old but does anyone still have or shot one. I got mine back out after not shooting any for two years, killed a doe, my first deer. Then shot three arrows at 20 yards, two hit a circle the size of a nickel. The other a little low. These bows were shooters. Great bows. Mine is a 2004 AR-34. 304-312 ibo for the ram and 1/2 cam and 7 3/4 - 8 inch brace height depending on what year you have. Just curious.

Hntesox
January 1st, 2013, 02:31 PM
I have an 06 AR34. Ram cam and 1/2. I like mine. A real reason why I like it is because I feel that they are very affordable and under rated. You can get a nice one for about $100 bare bow and set it up any way you want.

WCH
January 1st, 2013, 06:09 PM
Yeah now they are very affordable when they were new I think they were around 600. I would live to get my hands on one of the 37 boxes that they made.

50 plus
January 1st, 2013, 09:48 PM
I am still hunting with mine. Its an 05 AR34 Ram and a 1/2 cam. I hunted with my EVO some this season but AR is still my favorite.

WCH
January 1st, 2013, 10:01 PM
I got an 09 dream season and the ar fits me better, and I like the back wall better I believe. I would love for pse to bring these bows back. Do something with solid limbs, maybe even solo cam, something that could compete with mathews. Offer something that would appeal to those the x-force style bows don't. I would probably get one if they made them. Especially if they are like the 34, 37, or 31. The velocity wasn't really my thing.

MIKEY CUSTOM-G
January 2nd, 2013, 12:21 AM
I bought a 2004 AR 34 myself and hung it in my closet since I bought it. I sold it to a guy at work who wanted to start shooting. I got him a set of strings from Brian Visco and he loves the snot out of it. Basically bought himself a brand new bow that had about 25 shots thru it for $300 all set up and ready to kill.

The 34 had what i always felt was my favorite grip on it,hands down. The drawback to me was the bows didn't generate the speed I thought they would and they had alot of vibration. Thats why I never really shot it alot. I was crazy about the grip on it,,,but the speed was way low than i expected and the vibration rattled my teeth. If PSE worked on that bow some to get more speed out of it and got that rattling vibration out of it,i'd probably still shoot it today. I wish my XForce 6 had that bows grip on it !!!

WCH
January 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
I bought a 2004 AR 34 myself and hung it in my closet since I bought it. I sold it to a guy at work who wanted to start shooting. I got him a set of strings from Brian Visco and he loves the snot out of it. Basically bought himself a brand new bow that had about 25 shots thru it for $300 all set up and ready to kill.

The 34 had what i always felt was my favorite grip on it,hands down. The drawback to me was the bows didn't generate the speed I thought they would and they had alot of vibration. Thats why I never really shot it alot. I was crazy about the grip on it,,,but the speed was way low than i expected and the vibration rattled my teeth. If PSE worked on that bow some to get more speed out of it and got that rattling vibration out of it,i'd probably still shoot it today. I wish my XForce 6 had that bows grip on it !!!
I put stuff on mine to absorb vibration, right now it has a string surpressor on it. Like you said the grip is amazing. I'm shooting mine over a dream season right now lol.

Hntesox
January 3rd, 2013, 10:16 PM
to be honest...i never really had a vib problem that I know of. Then again... I've only shot a few older bows too.

WCH
January 5th, 2013, 10:12 PM
I don't think I had much with mine, but like I said I put a lot of vibration absorption stuff on my bow for added weight. I also added a string stop which could have helped some.

Q2DEATH
January 6th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I thought the AR line had absolutely the most comfortable grip in the industry.

I do remember testing out a 37 bare bow and having it literally fly out of my hand on the first shot.

WCH
January 12th, 2013, 12:11 AM
I thought the AR line had absolutely the most comfortable grip in the industry.

I do remember testing out a 37 bare bow and having it literally fly out of my hand on the first shot.
Wow really, what happened?

Q2DEATH
January 12th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I shoot with an open grip and I was used to my hoyts staying put when I shot them.

Out of habit I just drew back and shot open grip and the recoil of the bow literally sent it flying out of my hands.

WCH
January 12th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Wow did you have to buy it or anything?

Q2DEATH
January 12th, 2013, 04:30 PM
No. Not my problem.

WCH
January 12th, 2013, 10:21 PM
no. Not my problem.
o.....?

Q2DEATH
January 12th, 2013, 11:37 PM
What's your problem?

WCH
January 12th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I don't have one....?

WCH
January 12th, 2013, 11:45 PM
I don't really see how o conveyed I had a problem with anything but okay...

lunkerjunker
January 26th, 2013, 07:14 PM
I still shoot one and I love it. 2006 AR31 that I bought on this site. Shock that rattles your teeth out? Really??? I've never felt anything like that. My buddies have Hoyts and it doesn't vibrate any more than their bows. I have a couple limbsavers on it but that's it. It shoots great and it didn't cost a fortune.