PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Infinity Edge

MIKEY CUSTOM-G
January 1st, 2013, 11:08 PM
Diamond looks like they have a killer bow for a young teen to grow into during their teens. The problem i'm seeing is no one has them in stock. i see the packages for $359- $399 but when I tried to buy one,none are in stock.

Anyone know what's the deal or am i gonna have to get the kid a PSE or a Hoyt ?

Top_Pin_Archery
January 1st, 2013, 11:11 PM
I just sold one today... I haven't had a problem stocking them. although it was my last one... I will find out tomorrow if they are back-ordered.

threetoe
January 2nd, 2013, 07:20 PM
Try Bow-n-Arrow Shop

619-443-5488

That bow is no longer a kids bow. 310 IBO, 70 pounds.

I got my GF a new one for Christmas. She's drawing 32 pounds, 24" and getting 220 FPS out of a 297 grain arrow.

If the bow went to 30" draw, it would be rated an IBO of 345!!!

I'm thinking of getting one for myself.

frogracer
January 2nd, 2013, 11:05 PM
Got my son's at Eagle Archery (online) for christmas. Looks like they still have them in stock.

BDevilRon
January 3rd, 2013, 12:44 AM
Diamond in some 9,00 behind on production. Bought my 8 yr old one weekk an d half ago. 429 out the door with half dozon arrows. Don't recall the arrown but good arrow. Told expect theor next shipment mid Jan. We'll see. Sweet lil bow. At 9 he can draw 38#, 22dl. Lots of growing room.

Got my son's at Eagle Archery (online) for christmas. Looks like they still have them in stock.

BDevilRon
January 3rd, 2013, 12:49 AM
Diamond some 9,000 behind on production. Odered my 9yr old week and half ago and told mid Jan. We'll see. He'e drawing 38# at 22dl. Out the door for 449 with half doz arrows. Can't recall the arrow but nuce arrow. At 38# and only 22dl lots of growing room. Sweet lil bow.

mhill
January 3rd, 2013, 12:52 AM
Try Bow-n-Arrow Shop

619-443-5488

I got my GF a new one for Christmas. She's drawing 32 pounds, 24" and getting 220 FPS out of a 297 grain arrow.

you better check those specs... it does go to 30 inch draw. 13-30 inches. 5-70 pounds. incredible range of adjustment

schiesz
January 4th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Any chance anyone knows when the left handed ones will be produced? I've sent Diamond a few messages about it but no replies yet.

Draw27
January 4th, 2013, 03:03 PM
I ordered one 2 1/2 months ago still waiting.

schiesz
January 4th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Called Bowtech today. They said they start shipping the LH ones next week.

Huntinsker
January 4th, 2013, 10:02 PM
We had a huge Christmas season this year and every manufacturer is scrambling. Last I checked it was still 2-3 weeks on the Infinite Edge in right hand. It'd be nice to see the left hand Infinite ship next week but I wouldn't hold my breath.

schiesz
January 4th, 2013, 11:42 PM
I might be holding my breath, but that's what the CS guy at Bowtech told me, and that's what Lancaster said when I called them. I had been hearing they would ship soon, and for a long time they said they hadn't made any yet. Now, getting the same date from the manufacturer and a big dealer, i'm hoping it holds true.

AddicTioN
January 4th, 2013, 11:48 PM
hoping this will make the girl friend a good bow. shes wanting to get into bow hunting ( dont know how i got so lucky! ) but she can only pull back 29lb as of now. and im thinking this will be a good bow for her. shes only 5'2 100 pounds lol...so she is kid size even though shes 18..

BDevilRon
January 6th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Oredered 2days after Christmas fro my son. My dealer told us 9,000 begind but expected his shipment around 1/15/

kerrye
January 7th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Local dealer here in SW MO told me they had been turning out 1100 a week and were bumping it up to 1500 a week to try to catch up. Bass Pro Main Store told me every one they had gotten in had gone out the same day. I'm going to get one for myself and a couple grandsons to shoot. Just thought of this. Bow draws from 5lb to 70lb and youngest grandson is five, I am 70. Cool.

VORTEC429
January 7th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Want to Cabelas in wv they had 2 of then...try top pin m archery or scottie they Are both good to deal with.

boilerfarmer12
January 7th, 2013, 09:49 AM
have one at my local shop

one question, why the need to go down to 5#s???? If someone cant pull 5# the bow is going to be way too long IMO

kerrye
January 7th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I just checked with the Bass Pro main store in Springfield, MO. They are at least two weeks away on getting any for stock and have 168 backordered on their online orders. I messed up bigtime. I sold all three of my old compounds intending to buy the Diamond and I've got nothing left to shoot but an old 45# Browning recurve.

kerrye
January 7th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Well, I took the plunge this afternoon. Local Academy Sports had two Black Ops infinities. I bought one. So what if it's black. I would rather have had camo but, like somebody said on the bowhunting forum, these girls are going into the deep woods and killing big deer with PINK bows.:smile:

schiesz
January 13th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Hoping to hear some word on those left handed ones to start trickling out...

schiesz
January 30th, 2013, 12:13 AM
I called Bowtech again last week, and they said they started shipping LH ones on Jan 8. He also said our bow was shipping out and my store should have it on the 29th. Well, they sure did :) Picked up our left handed Infinite Edge today. It is a whole different animal for my daughter. She just turned 10, and was shooting a Genesis. It might take a little getting used to before she gets the hang of the let-off and everything, but she sent some nice ones down the lane at the shop tonight.

kerrye
January 30th, 2013, 07:56 AM
I'll bet she loves it. I'm sure liking mine and next month my nine year old grandson will be with us for a few days. I think I'll take time to adjust it down for him to try. On second thought, that might not be a good idea. He's just getting comfortable with the Martin Bobcat I got him. Don't want to mess with his head. :eek:

Kahkon
February 11th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I have a few of these in stock....2 Camo, 1 black and 1 pink camo all Right hand. I been selling the camo ones delivered lower 48 for 374.99 and the pink or black ones for 399.99 (Bowtech is charging an up-charge for these colors)

PyroTekRob
February 11th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I am trying to decide on this bow, a mission, or a bear.

hcfirefighter09
February 15th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I got mine yesterday via Fedex from www.huntersfriend.com for $479.00 ready to shoot. For that price I got the Octane quiver, hostage rest, and the apex three pin sight. Where most places you go don"t include the extras to get you hunting that day. The reason mine cost higher is with mine it includes a Octane S5 stabilizer, Tru Fire release, Flambeau hard case, 6 custom carbon arrows by Victory, 3 Muzzy mx-3 broadheads, 6 field points, a rope style wrist sling, and a R.A.D. Trio String Peep instead of the tube style. When you purchase the Bow it gets assembled and tested by a technician, who also gets your arrows are setup correctly.When you get the bow it comes with the bow assembly and test report which includes the paper tune test your custom arrow specs power output. I had the bow set at 65lbs and 25.6" of draw and for this being my first bow I really like how it feels when its shot. If you are looking for left hand versions they had some in stock at the time I purchased mine, but if you are needing a right hand version you may be waiting for a while. When I spoke to a rep before I told him I needed a left handed version he told me that they had sold all the bows that were not expected to sell until mid march.

Kahkon
February 15th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Ya, I got plenty of RH and have 1 LH on its way according to bowtech...

robprid
March 18th, 2013, 05:11 AM
I am seriously considering one of these . I dont want to spend a huge amount . And probably will hand it down to my son at the end of the year . I used to shoot a Mathews DXT , so Im not quite sure what to expect . I only want to use it for hunting , no 3D or anything like that . I am sure it will do the job , set at 70lbs and 29 inch drawlength

kerrye
March 18th, 2013, 06:55 AM
You may want to keep it and get another for your son. The more I shoot mine, the better I like it.:teeth:

Kahkon
March 18th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I been selling these for $349.99 in the box. That means I only open the box and do a general inspection for missing items or parts. The rest is up to the customer...On Black or Pink Camo there is a $25.00 up-charge.

robprid
March 18th, 2013, 08:41 AM
It seems to be branded a Kids/Womans bow . Surely this is a descent bow for any man to shoot ? that doesn't want to get dragged into the famous brands debate ?

Kahkon
March 18th, 2013, 08:44 AM
It seems to be branded a Kids/Womans bow . Surely this is a descent bow for any man to shoot ? that doesn't want to get dragged into the famous brands debate ?

I market it as an entry level bow....For the guys just looking for something to hunt with that works...It fits the bill...

robprid
March 18th, 2013, 09:10 AM
In your humble opinion , do you think coming from a DXT that I would be dissapointed ? Although I havent shot the DXT for over 3 years now ?

kerrye
March 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Not too many "kids" are going to max out this bow. At 30" DL and 70lb DW with 300 + fps, it's a pretty serious piece of archery equipment.

Kahkon
March 18th, 2013, 12:04 PM
In your humble opinion , do you think coming from a DXT that I would be dissapointed ? Although I havent shot the DXT for over 3 years now ?

Yes , you will be dissapointed, A dxt is a better bow. Now, if you was just getting into archery and did't know if you wanted to stick with it or wanted to fling some arrows at deer, then the Infinite edge is more then capable of performing this task.

bonecollector66
March 18th, 2013, 02:51 PM
i have shot one and was very impressed with it , its almost as fast as my heartbreaker
set at the same dw , dl great bow for the money , and its cheaper than the mathews
you can buy the bow , a doz arrows , and a release and it will still come in cheaper !
plus he (or she) wont need a new bow till there out of school. now thats an investment

cconte
March 18th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Just got my wife one, and she loves it. Gander Mountain is a large outdoor sporting goods retailer, and they have a website. They sell the the camo AND black for 349.99 plus tax of course, and the pink is 399.99. I see some people charging extra for black and pink, but they only charge more for the pink. They have them in right and left handed. They are local for me, but I think that much money might meet their limit for free shipping. They're worth looking into.

cconte
March 18th, 2013, 04:24 PM
By the way, here is my wife's bow

Kahkon
March 18th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Just got my wife one, and she loves it. Gander Mountain is a large outdoor sporting goods retailer, and they have a website. They sell the the camo AND black for 349.99 plus tax of course, and the pink is 399.99. I see some people charging extra for black and pink, but they only charge more for the pink. They have them in right and left handed. They are local for me, but I think that much money might meet their limit for free shipping. They're worth looking into.

All of them come with black limbs. The up-charge is for black riser and pink camo risers. Can't help it, if Bowtech is charging for it we have too.

cconte
March 18th, 2013, 09:27 PM
I wasn't inferring anything Kahkon. I alomost bought mine from someone on AT with a great price to my door, but I was under time constraints to get my wife her bow. Stores like Gander Mountain are national retailers, and I'm sure since Diamond, Bear and PSE have retail priority lines, they must get price breaks that smaller retailers aren't privy to. Your camo price is right on the money to the one I got, and woulda saved me tax, so the AT deals, like yours, are good, I was just throwing the cost savings for the black out there, but tax does add up in lieu of TYD pricing.

Kahkon
March 18th, 2013, 09:37 PM
I wasn't inferring anything Kahkon. I alomost bought mine from someone on AT with a great price to my door, but I was under time constraints to get my wife her bow. Stores like Gander Mountain are national retailers, and I'm sure since Diamond, Bear and PSE have retail priority lines, they must get price breaks that smaller retailers aren't privy to. Your camo price is right on the money to the one I got, and woulda saved me tax, so the AT deals, like yours, are good, I was just throwing the cost savings for the black out there, but tax does add up in lieu of TYD pricing.

Maybe the larger chains are just taking the hit on the black up-charge. They can afford to do so I am sure. I guess the way you worded it, I was not sure if you knew they all came with black limbs. I did not mean to come off as confrontational. I am sorry if I did.

cconte
March 18th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Not at all, and to the contrary, I didn't want you thinking I was bashing AT resellers in any way. All is good!

rnartia
March 21st, 2013, 10:56 PM
Just ordered myself one from an ebay store. I'm new to archery and after weighing all the options I figured this would be a good beginners bow for myself that I can use for 3D shoots and eventually some boar and deer hunting.

harpdude
March 22nd, 2013, 12:18 AM
I have been shooting mine since November. After upgrading the sight and adding a Ripcord rest, I can't imagine ever needing another bow. Thanks, Chuck

NKYBOWHUNTER
March 26th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Guys, I picked up one of these for my son. Do you know how many turns I can back out on the limbs? Couldn't find it on their webpage. I'm at 6 now, but still seems pretty heavy compared to what the lowest weight setting says. Just want to be safe.

kerrye
March 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM
You can back em out until the string and cables are relaxed. If you notice on the riser about a " up from the end of the threaded bolt hole, there is a 3/16" "inspection hole" that you can see the limb bolt threads in. At just about the point where the bolt backs out of this "inspection hole" is where the string relaxes.

NKYBOWHUNTER
March 27th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Thank you sir for the information! Greatly appreciated!

mknpwr
March 29th, 2013, 07:18 AM
My local Dicks has one that I've been eyeing for my daughter. $349, set up for her, arrows/case/release extra. Her only stipulation was NO PINK! The local archery shop has a Mission Craze out the door everything but a case for $590. Personally I like the Mission but its a bit steep for a first bow. I'd rather start her with something less expensive and if she continues with it, in a year or two then get her something better. If she doesn't continue with it I'd rather be out $400-450 than $600-650.

Sent from my rotary dial phone

OldMike
March 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Personally, I think Diamond has outdone themselves with the Infinite Edge. I purchased a new PSE Sinister, right around the time I ordered the Diamond Infinite Edge for the kids. Once we received the kids' bows, I started shooting the Infinite Edge and was really impressed. It grouped the same as my more expensive PSE and was a little smoother draw (probably due to the Sinister's short 28" ATA).

I was so impressed with it, that I ordered a third one for myself, and shoot it exclusively now. I like the fact that I can shoot the same bow as my kids, spare parts are interchangeable, strings and cables are the same for all 3 bows, and I can easily repair string/cables in the field with only carrying my archery multi-tool. The fact that I can get the strings to relax by simply turning out the limb bolts is a huge feature in my opinion.

I do confess that I swapped out the sights, peep, rest and added a stabilizer and sling to all 3 of the bows. Actual cost after upgrades was probably closer to $475 - $500, but well worth it considering that they are outfitted exactly how I like them now.

Personally, I have to chuckle a little when this bow is considered a kids bow, or just a beginners bow. I am neither, but I am enjoying it and find it to be a good shooter and a great bow regardless of price point.

-Mike

Harbinger
March 30th, 2013, 01:28 AM
I purchased The infinite edge in January from Cabela's for bow fishing applications. I have not put it down since and shoot it daily. The price tag and the fact that its fully adjustable without a bow press, draw weight 5-70# for a compact size bow, is incredible. I have not hunted or even loosed an arrow in 15 years, so I figured I could always upgrade later, I shot it out of the box with just a quick adjustment to d/l & draw weight, i used the string/marker in the peeps install point before I installed it, and grouped my first 3 arrows...It was also my first time using a compound bow, Its quiet and accurate. I added a stabilizer and upgraded the sight and could not ask for anything more, I visit the range weekly now and shoot it in my basement or backyard...I would recommend this bow to anyone, great entry level bow/youth bow...all around great purchase for the money.

mknpwr
April 1st, 2013, 09:45 PM
Went to a local club this past Saturday and they were very helpful. Handed my daughter a bow, took her out on the practice range for a bit then told us to feel free to shoot through the 3d course they were shooting that day. We went to a local archery shop afterwards and the salesman spent nearly an hour with her. Set up a new bow for her, put her on the range and gave her a free lesson between customers. We are going back this Thursday and coming home with 2 bows, one for each of us. So if you live in the Mt. Pleasant area of South Carolina Atlantic Game and Tackle is the place to go and ask for Steven.

Sent from my rotary dial phone

schiesz
April 1st, 2013, 11:35 PM
My 10 year old daughter is loving hers. She shoots in a league with me and jumped up about 50 points (259 high now) in her average score over the last few months since she got it. I just bought a LH single pin sight for her to try out, which is really nice since the sight it comes with is mostly impossible to adjust while its on the bow. I'm sure its fine right handed, but when you flip it the allen heads are mostly covered by the riser.

Piedro
April 6th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RqwnLOAv67I

mcneecej
April 8th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Try Bow-n-Arrow Shop

619-443-5488

try hunters friend where I got mine

firesnow
April 26th, 2013, 05:44 PM
All these threads about the infinite edge, would love one now!

blackhawk611
July 16th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Diamond looks like they have a killer bow for a young teen to grow into during their teens. The problem i'm seeing is no one has them in stock. i see the packages for $359- $399 but when I tried to buy one,none are in stock.

Anyone know what's the deal or am i gonna have to get the kid a PSE or a Hoyt ?call dick's sporting gods or gander mountain the yhave them in stock. but they are selling like hotcakes it is the most adjustable bow on the market and lifetime warranty.

frogracer
July 16th, 2013, 10:02 PM
or http://paintballpunks.biz/catalog/product/view/id/8215/s/bowtech-diamond-archery-infinite-compound-bow-only-camo/?gclid=CJvpo5q3tbgCFatj7AodiiU AeA

Amazon is selling them too.

call dick's sporting gods or gander mountain the yhave them in stock. but they are selling like hotcakes it is the most adjustable bow on the market and lifetime warranty.

fishingmedic
July 18th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Just picked up 3 for my kids, Dicks had them on sale for 20% off with free shipping, came to $279/per. I opted to go to my local pro shop who gave me a great price and spent time with all the kids setting them up, working on form, etc. Kids are getting me scared, they're shooting pretty decent groups already at 20 yards! Now need to make some changes to sights, rests, etc but all in all happier than hell with these bows.

robprid
September 5th, 2013, 02:47 PM
What rests are you guys using on your Infinite edges ?

Blasko
September 5th, 2013, 03:36 PM
What rests are you guys using on your Infinite edges ?

TRUGLO Brite-Site Xtreme 3 Pin Sight

robprid
September 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks Blasko . Thats the site , what rest are you using

Blasko
September 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Sorry about that...Trophy Ridge Original Quick Shot Whisker Biscuit.

frogracer
September 5th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Using an HDX on my sons

ricardo-sf
September 8th, 2013, 01:47 AM
WB rest .. -- want to upgrade to a drop-away ..

robprid
September 9th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Do any of you find that the drop away rests effect the cam timing on these bows . I am asking cause I would really like to upgrade too ?

robprid
September 9th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Think I am going to stick my old NAP Smartrest onto the Infinite and see what happens

kerrye
September 10th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I stuck a NAP apache on my infinite edge 2 or 3 weeks ago and it made a world of difference.

robprid
September 11th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Thanks kerrye . I also cant think that the last 1/4 " as the cable pulls the rest up can have such a dramatic effect on the cam timing . What drawlength and poundage are you shooting ?

kerrye
September 11th, 2013, 08:11 PM
I have been backing down on DW. I'm drawing 28" and down to 53 lbs. This morning I shot four arrows each from 50yds, 40, 30 and 2 from 20 yds. All 14 arrows were in about a 5" group. I'm approaching 71 years old this December and I'm finding I shoot better when I shoot comfortable. Even down at 53 lbs, my five sight pins only take up about half of the ring. I'm happy.

blackhawk611
October 12th, 2013, 02:54 AM

Anyone know what's the deal or am i gonna have to get the kid a PSE or a Hoyt ?i had a stroke on 15 April 2012, so this spring i called Dick's sporting goods here in huntsville they had several in stock. it had been so long since i knew my numbers so they set it up for me drawing 27 pounds at 26 7/8" dl. after joining bowhunters of Alabama. i started shooting 3D. now i am shooting mine at 40 pounds, our deer season opens next tuesday. so i plan to take my diamond, hunting , this weekend i plan to go to backwater outdoors to see how much i can turn it up, sitting down on a stool. i will be hunting out of a ground blind. my wife said no to geting up in my cougar claw stand. at least i can walk now.and shoot my bow.i put a thropy taker drop away on, and timed, i am shooting 28" arrows i need to move my module from 5 to 3. to fit my draw length, i told them my wing span is 67" divided by 2.5 is 28"i got to jonseing today so i sharpen broad heads, i am hunting with razor trick, i have viper trick, and muzzy MX-4's to kill a deer with i changed the sight to a apex tundra 4 pin.i don't call bowtech i sent nick drobeck an e-mail i got a reply the next day. so call Diamond if you have to call someone, or you can call me at 256-698-1606. i am 60 years old.my stroke was 17 months ago.if you know about strokes my left side was paralyzed. so with a lot of hard work & prayers i am getting better.

blackhawk611
October 12th, 2013, 03:04 AM
no ,not on mine i have the thropy taker xtreme sl fc, it is awesome. i was shooting 4 arrows in the size of a nickel at 20 yards with mine.to be a stroke victim and 60 years old in my mind that's not bad grouping.i bought the other day at wally world some carbon express ,Devils wrath 50/60 4" vanes 6 of them for $29.99 so i need to shoot those, the spin test with my razor tricks is great.

pwrfinder
October 14th, 2013, 02:21 AM
10:4 Mr. 10:13,
A comparable PSE is what I was looking at too, mostly because of the single cam. However, for either, I'd highly recommend huntersfriend.com They delivered three Infinity Edges for me last week, on time, accurately, and the orders were complete; complete with a huge number of choices, extras, and upgrades in their "package" (Ready-to-Hunt - or, get more custom-fitted arrows, in lieu of a choice in broadheads). Plus, their customer service is performed efficiently by guys who actually work in the shop. So, you won't have to deal with some furin' call center. For all that, and much more (I feel like an advertiser or a televangelist!), you'll pay $499. But, in truth and in fact: You'll save $100 through them at the end of the day after adding up the value of their more comprehensive package, as compared to the manufacturers' stock "package" (which, I believe you're quoting, but which doesn't include for instance, any arrows, a whisker biscuit, choice of cases, etc, etc.)
Oh, and did I mention they not only delivered on what they said they had, but they were actually ahead of schedule?
Between the arrows and the upgraded sights and (some lighted knocks), those alone make the extra $100 worth it (okay, actually I got the lighted nocks somewhere else). However, once you factor in all the other stuff they did provide, I did save over $100 per bow. I know, because I literally looked-up each and every extra, compared it to places like Dicks and Nex (somebody or other), and from what I saw over the Internet, huntersfriend saved me $300.
But wait- There's MORE!!! (I just had to say that. :)