PDA

View Full Version : Which PSE/hoyt equivalent

Scott G.
January 3rd, 2013, 01:13 AM
I'm gonna get a new bow this year and I'm wondering what are the PSE equivalents to the Spyder,Vector, Charger in most aspects. Looking at Flagship and midprice bows. Maybe even a 2012 model. I'm looking for a hunting bow that is compact, light (preferably less than 4# barebow),smooth to draw, forgiving and quiet. Yeah I know I'm asking for a lot but we can always hope! Looking for the perfect Elk hunting bow that is reliable, durable and is light enough to pack all over the mountains. If it matters I'm 6'1" and draw 29.5"+string loop. Have been shooting a 2003 Hoyt Ultratec for ever and ready for something shorter, lighter and hopefully faster.
Thanks for your opinions!
Scott

cyclepath
January 3rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
The dna will smoke all the bows you listed, the price tag is 899 from what I've seen. It's also very light and smooth for a speed bow. The hammer has turned out to be a great shooting bow if your looking for something alittle lighter on the wallet. It has the evo cams so it will draw smooth, a 32 1/4" ata and a 7" bh with an ibo of 335.
The drive is in the price range of the charger, 499 for either one and 649 for a ready to hunt package.
There are others that will fit the bill, these are just three that come to mind.

Monkeybutt2000
January 3rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
I sound like a broken record,but the Vendetta DC has impressed the **** outta' me. Even though I'm considering trading it (cuz that's what I do),one of PSE's best ever.

Scott G.
January 3rd, 2013, 11:58 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. When u say smokes the Hoyt's, can u elaborate? Is that just in speed or other factors? My brother bought a revenge last year and he loves it. But to me it is heavy and a bruiser to get back. But that may be because he is shooting 70 and I'm used to 60. But I do like the compact size.

I'll definitely give the ones mentioned a test drive

cyclepath
January 4th, 2013, 04:13 PM
The dna has a 31" ata with a 6" bh. With the size of the cams it draws like a bow with a longer ata. It comes in at 3.7 lbs with an ibo of 352 but numbers have shown that
it is faster than ibo ratings. You're not going to find anything like this bow from hoyt. Hoyt makes a great product for sure. If you could merge the speed of an alpha burner with the weight of an element you would have a bow with numbers in the ball park but still not dna numbers. The other bows mentioned are worth checking out also.
One nice thing about pse is that they have something for everyone. Good luck and keep us updated.

UniGram
January 6th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Drive cam all the way, either revenge, drive or vendetta DC.
Had the VDC last year and now a drive, and oh my god these cams do the trick, approx 5-10 fps above ibo.
The Drive is almost perfect, for the hunt 30,5" ata, 7" bh and speeds well over 330 ibo, and the best thing price 499.
The only drawback is the weight, but the dna does not have that problem.