PDA

View Full Version : Pse stinger 3G

Bh4691
January 3rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
My question is, the 2013 stinger 3G is it worth getting? Any regrets on buying one? I haven't held one but the package price has allot of gravity on my decision, due to budget, any suggestions?thx

geojag
January 3rd, 2013, 12:48 PM
I got one a couple of months ago, as far as I am concerned it is a great bow. I am sure there are better bows, but for the price I couldn't find one to beat it. I replaced a 2008 Hoyt Trykon that had a cracked limb with it and I like it much better. The only problem I see with it is the string is not the best, plan to replace it before next season. It is pretty fast and very quite. If you can swing another $100, the Brute is supposed to be better, but the Stinger is definitely more than I expected for the price.

thelaw4040
January 3rd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Love mine! 28.5 at #60 shooting 276. I got mine for Xmas. Got it on a sat and killed my first deer on Tuesday. Great for the price.

Devans83
January 3rd, 2013, 09:56 PM
No regrets here!

Bh4691
January 3rd, 2013, 10:49 PM
ok thanks for some insight. i was debating if i should get a higher end bow used and a couple years old or get a little lower end bow new.

medicdude332
January 3rd, 2013, 11:55 PM
I bought a 2012 Stinger 3G last April- my buddy (who's been shooting bows for 15 years) who got me hooked on archery talked me into it. After shooting mine, he traded in his $900 Matthews Z7 for a Stinger 3G. Its a fantastic bow! Smooth draw, forgiving and accurate. Somewhat on the slower side compared to the new bows, but sacrifice speed for forgiveness and "shootability". My only complaint was the perpetual peep twist. I eventually swapped out the string for a Champion's Choice and now its perfect. I plan on keeping this bow even after I pick up the new DNA :)

thelaw4040
January 4th, 2013, 04:37 PM
anyone have any string silencers on their stinger. looking at adding some to mine.

Mr.Moose
January 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I have a 2012 Stinger 3G and I like it alot....Not a speed burner but its fast enough. Had it since March of last year. I did swap out the stock strings they have alot to be desired.
Smooth Draw and a good backwall. Shoots as good as some flagship bows from other manufacturers.
Only shoot mine at 45lbs at 27.5" draw. You should like it alot if you decide to get one.

rappa29
January 9th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Got one for Christmas! I'm a newbie to compound bows. Really enjoying it! It's 60lb max, but I shoot it around 50 at 28". I'm still tweaking it, but it's plenty accurate for my purpose. I'm hitting decent groups in the vitals on 3D targets @ 20yds and less, considering I only started last summer.