PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a 2013 Stinger 3G

TideFan2301
January 4th, 2013, 09:20 PM
After buying a used bow that is WAY too heavy for me I have decided to just bite the bullet and get a new bow after selling a firearm. I am thinking of purchasing this one. Have any of you bought this and what do yall think of this as a starter bow? I think this would be better start than the Whitetail Extreme with 80# limbs that I acquired, lol.

Mr.Moose
January 5th, 2013, 08:11 AM
I have a 2012 stinger 3g and I think that it is a great bow. It draws smooth and has a good back wall, it shoots very good and its pretty fast.
It will bring down anything in North America that you want to hunt. It is just as good as some top of the line bows of other manufacturers (IMO).

UnholySaint
January 5th, 2013, 11:23 AM
own a 20102 stinger as well...was thinking of upgrading to a new one but decided to upgrade accessories and strings on it instead. its good bow for sure if ur on a budget

GrizzlyMan1980
January 5th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Great Bow,Budget or not,Kills everthing just as dead..For me its a little heavy,I Like to keep mine under 4.3 Lbs bare..Great Bow,I Had an 2009 and i killed everything i shot at with it..Good Luck...Grizz

Devans83
January 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Great bow! I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

cyclepath
January 5th, 2013, 05:15 PM
The stinger is a quality bow regardless of price. I have a friend to just picked one up and he loves it. With a bh around 7 3/4" and 33" ata you really can't ask for a
better bow. The bow is alittle heavy but some people like a heavier bow. You can get a ready to shoot package for starters and then upgrade accessories later.

TideFan2301
January 5th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Went and picked it up. Has 70# limbs and they were able to drop it down to 50# for me to build my strength up for. Got it in the Skullworks pattern and it looks great! My pro-shop definitely took care of me and made sure that it was set up and that I had no problem shooting it. Need to work on my strength more, but enjoyed shooting it considering I was able to pull it back compared to the old Whitetail Extreme. I did buy the ready to shoot package, but did save a little money since I already had a case and a release. Now to let my bow arm rest a little bit before going back out shooting!

Devans83
January 5th, 2013, 11:50 PM
http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b613/Devans83/IMG_0236_zps909a19f6.jpg

Gonna get a 15" Dead Center Stab to put on it soon.

rappa29
January 5th, 2013, 11:51 PM
I got a 2013 Stinger 3G (black, camo) for Christmas. I like it a lot! I'm a newbie to compound bows. Started last summer on a used Mission Menace. I'm still dialing it in but so far really enjoy it! I have the 60# model but shoot it 28", 50#.

Dragonscout
January 7th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Got a 2012 3G in 70 lb turned down to 62. That's all I need. Great bow, easy to shoot, and I can turn it up if I wanted to but why. Realistically, turning it up to max poundage would only get it there thousandths or hundredths of a second earlier. Speed is overrated, as has been said before dead is dead and accuracy speaks loudest. Enjoy your Stinger and Roll Tide!!