PDA

View Full Version : Responses to some of the DNA questions regarding tuning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ontarget7
January 4th, 2013, 09:41 PM
I get a lot of PM's and emails regarding info on the DNA so I will do my best to clear some of these concerns up. First one that I have seen a few people get concerned with is the alignment of the riser, string and cams as you look at the bow at brace.

For whatever reason on the DNA you will have the front of the riser slightly lean to the right when eyeballing or sighting down the riser as you are holding the bow at brace. Now I am not an engineer so I am not sure what went into this particular design. However they are tuning just fine with fletched and bareshaft at 10 yards, as well as fixed blade broadheads and fieldpoints impacting the same after the right spine and tune for a particular set up. So, the bottom line from my findings, this perception is perfectly normal with zero issues in regards to that.

Another question that has been brought up is the groove on the shelf for center shot. To start this is a rough starting point for true center shot to say the least. Where people are getting thrown off is the alignment with the shaft. The groove in the shelf will travel at a slight angle to the true centershot with your arrow at brace/rest. Another thing is when you measure centershot you will get a different reading from the font of the shelf to the back off the inside of riser. This would confirm the slight cant to the riser from behind when you try and sight everything up by eye. Again this has not shown to be an issue whatsoever in the bows performance.

Bottom line is they are tuning very well with zero issues, so it is kind of hard to place a call to PSE and ask them whats wrong, when I can't find any issues with them from a tuning standpoint.
I really don't get to much caught up with visual appearance unless there seems to be a problem with the overall tune and this has not been the case.

Now for nock height. When you set nock height up and use a string level it can be hard to get a true reading with the serving and string the way they fall. What you can do is put your level on the front of the riser on the outer face. After I go through the tuning process with the level there and the other level on the arrow at rest, my bareshafts have been impacting the same when I am at 1/16 nock high. This is also confirmed with broadhead and field point impact points. This is also setting them up so the top cam stop hits just a touch before the bottom, actually gives it a better and more solid feel at full draw. Probably locks in a touch better with the shorter valley that some might not be accustom to.

Lastly is spine of the arrow. These bows have some unreal speeds and to many are still trying to get away with a spine selection under where they should be. Remember the foundation to a tune starts with the right spine. When this is established first everything else goes a lot smoother. Please throw the spine charts out the window. I know some might be fine or close but generally this is where people go wrong. Ask someone that has an archery program to give you some advise, or just order a program. They are very inexpensive and will serve you well.

Any question just ask

Shane

lunghit
January 4th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Great info here Shane, thanks. Im still waiting for my 65 pounder but when it gets here your threads will come in very handy.

Belicoso
January 5th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Interesting stuff with the riser and center shot or sure.

ontarget7
January 5th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Great info here Shane, thanks. Im still waiting for my 65 pounder but when it gets here your threads will come in very handy.

I bet you will be very pleased with it, I know I am.

johnny liggett
January 5th, 2013, 10:55 AM
thank you sir.