PDA

View Full Version : Pse evo max

mtimms
January 9th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Has anyone shot this bow? Is it basically the same thing as the 2012 evo? Looking to order one.

whacknstack55
January 9th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Went in and shot the evo max and dna, i only put a few shots thru the dna its nicer in person but the bow just wasn't for me, didn't like the lack of valley. I couldn't put the evo down tho its a super smooth draw with a good wall,not stiff at all and fast! I shot one with 60 pound limbs and one with 70. Think i'm gonna order one in 65 pound limbs tho just b/c i'm used to the 70 pound mathews solocam.The flex guard is a really nice addition didn't even notice it was a 6 inch brace height at all, never even brushed my arm once even when the draw length was a little long at first. Excited to get one and hunt with it!! Its a nice bow and isn't heavy to me at all, didn't notice much from holding the dna to the evo max. I like it!!

cyclepath
January 10th, 2013, 01:26 PM
The 2013 evo has the new limb pockets along with the new flex cable slide and the new backstop 2. All improvements over the 2012 model.

GrizzlyMan1980
January 10th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Everything about my Evo 6 is awesome,Cant believe how great of a Bow it is..I Dont think the Dna can beat it for me,But i would like to try a Dna...Grizz

cyclepath
January 10th, 2013, 06:45 PM
The dna is a sweet shooting bow UNLESS you have a dl over 29" Couldn't believe how smooth it pulled and even though some complain about a lack of valley
and let off % it makes you shoot properly. HOWEVER having a 30" dl it became a whole other animal. Pulled alot harder and a hump was much more evident.
If it would have stayed as smooth at the longer dl I might have bought one. But my axe at 30" was alot smoother than the dna. Short dl guys will love the dna.

Monkeybutt2000
January 10th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I did not care for the draw cycle of the Evo Max @ 65lbs. Very stiff draw from the front, felt like I was pulling alot more weight.

GrizzlyMan1980
January 10th, 2013, 06:51 PM
How much different can the Draw be?How much did they change the Cam if at all?Mine is a 2011 and i love it..Smooth,Silent,No Vibe and Shoots lights out for me,I Have it set at 63 Lbs.I LIke Aggresive Cams on Bows though,Dunno Why..Grizz

Doebuster
January 11th, 2013, 02:21 PM
The DNA is a smooth draw till you get to 30 then it's a very hard draw big hump then dump ! It's a different bow at the shorter draw lengths ,that's how they get there ibo so fast the 30 inch draw is hopped up , at 30 it's one of the worst drawing bows I've shot in. A long time. At 29 it was nice , go figure I wanted one bad but the draw killed it for me! Imade the same comment in the general archery discussion and all the pse boys said I was crazy , I'm glad to see someone else say it was a bad draw cycle , again it's only at 30!!!

ontarget7
January 11th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I will agree the DNA from 29" and down it is really smooth and extremely smooth from 28.5" and down. Even at 29.5" it's not bad but at 30 you have more of a Omen feel.

The EVO Max is smoother throughout the longer draw length and not quite as stiff up front as the DNA.

Monkeybutt2000
January 11th, 2013, 05:40 PM
How much different can the Draw be?How much did they change the Cam if at all?Mine is a 2011 and i love it..Smooth,Silent,No Vibe and Shoots lights out for me,I Have it set at 63 Lbs.I LIke Aggresive Cams on Bows though,Dunno Why..Grizz

To be honest I had never shot an Evo before this one,so 1st go around. I wrecked up my shoulder late summer doing stupid stuff,and had to drop down in poundage for awhile. At the time I was shooting a Carbon Matrix and Exceed both @ 70#s. So I ordered a 50# Vendetta DC to shoot for awhile. Maxed @ 52#,it's like shooting a kids bow,so smooth and easy to draw back. Well,over a 5month period this made me very lazy in my shooting habits. I got in the Evo Max and went to pull it for the 1st time and thought "***"! A buddy bought an 82nd Airborne that maxed 73#,and I set it up for him. The 1st time I tried to draw it I couldn't do it. 2nd time I drew it back with some muscle and got it no problem. Sheesh,that's when I realized how lazy I'd become. I just wanted to clear that up :)

GrizzlyMan1980
January 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM
To be honest I had never shot an Evo before this one,so 1st go around. I wrecked up my shoulder late summer doing stupid stuff,and had to drop down in poundage for awhile. At the time I was shooting a Carbon Matrix and Exceed both @ 70#s. So I ordered a 50# Vendetta DC to shoot for awhile. Maxed @ 52#,it's like shooting a kids bow,so smooth and easy to draw back. Well,over a 5month period this made me very lazy in my shooting habits. I got in the Evo Max and went to pull it for the 1st time and thought "***"! A buddy bought an 82nd Airborne that maxed 73#,and I set it up for him. The 1st time I tried to draw it I couldn't do it. 2nd time I drew it back with some muscle and got it no problem. Sheesh,that's when I realized how lazy I'd become. I just wanted to clear that up :)I Want a Vendetta Dc,Had a XS and an Xl,I Love those bows..Have a 2013 Revenge that should be here next week.I am wondering how much different the cam is from 2011 to 12-13? Cheers Grizz

whacknstack55
January 14th, 2013, 01:25 AM
One thing i did notice on the evo max was the threaded 4 holes in the back of the riser, what are they even for?? The guy at the shop told me for accessories...but what kind of accessiories would screw into the back of the riser??

whacknstack55
January 16th, 2013, 07:07 PM
ttt.......

mtimms
January 16th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I went and shot an evo max yesterday. i already had one on order and im glad i ordered it. It felt great and was smooth. I didnt really notice the holes on the back of the riser, guess ill have to look when i get mine?

whacknstack55
January 16th, 2013, 07:26 PM
yeah if u hold the bow like you're going to shoot it, look at the back of the riser....i think its pointless to have them there

GrizzlyMan1980
January 16th, 2013, 07:50 PM
You can put Dampners there i think,I seen an omen with them,Some sort of Pointed Dampner...Made it look alright...You made a great choice,I Bought mine without ever shooting one...I Knew it was the Greatest bow i ever shot after 4 Arrows,It took me 3 Shots to have it shooting Bullseye at 30 Yards...4th shot at 40 Yards and it was an inch high...Smooth,Fast,Vibe free and Very Quiet...I Wanted a Black Riser,Camo limbs evo,but could never find a Used one..Soi bought an All camo and am glad i did..Cheers,Enjoy it...Grizz

Rod Savini
January 16th, 2013, 07:52 PM
One thing i did notice on the evo max was the threaded 4 holes in the back of the riser, what are they even for?? The guy at the shop told me for accessories...but what kind of accessiories would screw into the back of the riser??

They are dampner/ stabilizer holes. Can also put these spikes on them too.
http://www.xaddictarchery.com/category/spike-stabilizer-weights/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barnseye
January 17th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Ok, you guys talked me into trying an EVO Max ! I have waited to see what the new bows would bring this year and I see this bow as what I'm looking for to shoot 3-D.

mtimms
January 17th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks. Yea this was the first bow i ever bout without shooting it and im glad i did. I just sold a mathews helim and loved it and was a little iffy on buying a dual cam. I love it tho. And i dont even see why you would need to put dampeners on the bow its super quiet and had no vibration!