PDA

View Full Version : Decided to purchase 1 more bow..It's a Pse,Anybody wanna guess?

GrizzlyMan1980
January 9th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Well,I have decided to purchase 1 more Bow and then i will be set for years..After all the Reviews and shooting a rh version of it..I have decided to go with a 2012-2013 Pse Brute x,i am hoping to find 1 in Black,Not even sure if they make it in black,If not,I Like the Skullworks camo on this bow..I Would like to hear from Brute X owners about what they love about there setups...Grizz

joeybear
January 9th, 2013, 10:12 AM
I shoot the Brute X and absolutely love it...aside from it being too heavy of a draw for me :) The bow is fast...very fast and with the 7" brace height, very forgiving. Mine is Skullworks and is in the classifieds ;)

GrizzlyMan1980
January 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I shoot the Brute X and absolutely love it...aside from it being too heavy of a draw for me :) The bow is fast...very fast and with the 7" brace height, very forgiving. Mine is Skullworks and is in the classifieds ;)Pm sent..Very interested,Trying to learn to shoot rh as well..Grizz

HOKIE_FAN
January 9th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I'm loving the Brute-X. I have a 30" draw and I have the 70lb bow set at 66 lbs. The draw is smooth and it has a really solid back wall. The valley is...there is no valley, but I like that. I wouldn't sacrifce the wall for a valley. The bow is fast and shoots flat. I moved the double limb bands around until I found the sweet spot ( 1 inch apart in the middle of the limbs) and there is no vibration on the shot. I had read that some folks were having problems with the early 2012 models with the draw module screws working themselves loose and rattling. The later built 2012's and all 2013's come from the factory with blue nylok added to the screws. I have had no issues with the screws or rattling. All in all, I couldn't he happier. I bought the RTS package and the only compliant is the rubber flexx stabilizer. It's pretty light and doesn't do much for me as far as balance goes. THE STRING>>>>>>>>>>>> After about 25 or so shots the peep started twisting (I had a tubeless one served in when I bought it). It was a pain in the arse but I kept shooting it. It now has around 300-400 shots I would guess and the string has settled out and is back in alignment. Maybe I got lucky but I'm pretty happy with the strings now. I will be looking next year to get a set of ProLine strings made.

GrizzlyMan1980
January 9th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Ya i owned a 2009 Brute and shot the 2012 Brute x in Righty,I Love everything about the bow..A Little heavy,But i can get over that,I Dont use a quiver brackett on my bows and i plan on putting a Lightweight Single pin sight on it..Grizz

rappa29
January 9th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I don't have much to add other than they do make it in all black. I think PSE calls it Satin Black. Check their website to verify. They're kinda hard to find. I was deciding between the Brute X and the Stinger 3G in December. As trivial as it sounds, the deciding factor was I couldn't find the Brute X in any kind of black/black or black/camo finish. Saw lots of SW. After I bought the 2013 Stinger 3G in black/camo a 2012 Brute X in black/black showed up on Ebay...figures.

callandor2k
January 9th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I purchased a 2012 Brute X in skullworks 60# RH version a month or so ago and love it. This thing shoots flat and fast enough that I only need 1 pin for 10 and 20 yard shots. I did a lot of reading about it before I purchased one. And almost everywhere I looked said that the factory string/cable is more of a middle grade string and that they stretch for the first few hundred shots. So right off the bat I purchased a custom string from Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings. Well I actually ordered the string before I bought the bow. I also contemplated on the color. But after looking at the skullworks camo pattern in person I decided that was what I was getting and am glad I did. Pictures don't do justice to the skullworks camo. You have to see it in person to fully appreciate it.

Hokie Fan said it right. The standard rubber Flexxtech Stabilizer is more of a vibration dampener and don't offer much front end weight.

One thing I would suggest is getting a quiver that has a base plate that stays on the bow while the actual quiver is removable. The bow is almost 5lbs (4.7lbs according to PSE) and if you have to hold that for an extended amount of time it does get heavy after a while. So with a removable quiver that will help keep the weight down while you are waiting for your target to get into that perfect position to take the shot.

GrizzlyMan1980
January 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I purchased a 2012 Brute X in skullworks 60# RH version a month or so ago and love it. This thing shoots flat and fast enough that I only need 1 pin for 10 and 20 yard shots. I did a lot of reading about it before I purchased one. And almost everywhere I looked said that the factory string/cable is more of a middle grade string and that they stretch for the first few hundred shots. So right off the bat I purchased a custom string from Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings. Well I actually ordered the string before I bought the bow. I also contemplated on the color. But after looking at the skullworks camo pattern in person I decided that was what I was getting and am glad I did. Pictures don't do justice to the skullworks camo. You have to see it in person to fully appreciate it.

Hokie Fan said it right. The standard rubber Flexxtech Stabilizer is more of a vibration dampener and don't offer much front end weight.

One thing I would suggest is getting a quiver that has a base plate that stays on the bow while the actual quiver is removable. The bow is almost 5lbs (4.7lbs according to PSE) and if you have to hold that for an extended amount of time it does get heavy after a while. So with a removable quiver that will help keep the weight down while you are waiting for your target to get into that perfect position to take the shot.

I Dont need a quiver..I Have plenty,I Dont shoot with them on,I Just attach my quiver to my Hunting pack...Glad you like the bow..Grizz

btmhwb
January 10th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I currently shoot a heli m and was looking for a second bow that would be under 500 setup and was a good value. I looked at another used mathews, an assasin, and several other pse bows before getting a 2013 brute x. I just received it yesterday. Shooting them side by side, I feel like the weight, although pretty darn noticeable, doesn't make me dislike the bow, and that was my primary concern.

I feel as if the brute is just slightly louder, but again not bad at all. It actually seems like it holds just a tad better than the heli m surely because of the weight.

The thing that I will mention is that if you are a 28 inch draw, it's hard to adjust the bow to 28 because the first screw on the adjustment module is almost directly underneath the limb end. I had to screw in the screw with a pair of needle nose from the side, and then finish it by going in at an angle.

I'm very happy with mine so far and the skullworks is so cool.

I weighed them both yesterday and my heli m is only 4 pounds dressed, while the brute x is 5.2 dressed.

GrizzlyMan1980
January 10th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I currently shoot a heli m and was looking for a second bow that would be under 500 setup and was a good value. I looked at another used mathews, an assasin, and several other pse bows before getting a 2013 brute x. I just received it yesterday. Shooting them side by side, I feel like the weight, although pretty darn noticeable, doesn't make me dislike the bow, and that was my primary concern.

I feel as if the brute is just slightly louder, but again not bad at all. It actually seems like it holds just a tad better than the heli m surely because of the weight.

The thing that I will mention is that if you are a 28 inch draw, it's hard to adjust the bow to 28 because the first screw on the adjustment module is almost directly underneath the limb end. I had to screw in the screw with a pair of needle nose from the side, and then finish it by going in at an angle.

I'm very happy with mine so far and the skullworks is so cool.

I weighed them both yesterday and my heli m is only 4 pounds dressed, while the brute x is 5.2 dressed.

Glad you like it,I am gonna pick up a Lefty in a month or so..Grizz

btmhwb
January 10th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Im a lefty too -- were the only ones in our right mind!!!!

GrizzlyMan1980
January 10th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I Wont be buying a Brute X,Just bought myself my first Rh Bow-2008 Pse Treestand...Grizz