PDA

View Full Version : 1st timer looking for input.

Londo
January 10th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Hello to all in bow land ! I'm a newbie to archery and just got my first bow from Santa this season [wink] It's a PSE Stinger 3G and not having any thing to compare it to I must say I love this thing and the sport! Picked it up at a pro shop [measured fit etc.] got my free lesson and home I went. Picked up a "black Block" and started at 10 yds with it cranked down 10 turns. Hooked from arrow 1 and have been consistent with shooting every day. I have now worked up to 20 yds and average 3-4" groups with some flyers when I get tired. I know there is a world of knowledge for me to consume about this sport and have done some reads about form, etc. but I have a simple question about strings that I hope to have answered.
As I said the bow was bought as a package[rest, sight, kisser,release,arm guard, arrows, 100 hrs range time, free instruction, tuning] I wax the string and have not exposed the bow to the elements. After the first 30-40 shots the peep sight became way off center [rotated]. Brought it back to the pro shop and they placed a tool in , removed the peep and re installed aligned up. All Good. I put another 40 or so down range and the same thing. This time I did the procedure my self. Another bunch and it seems to have mellowed out [stopped twisting] just a little know but the rubber strap pulls it into plane. ? is... is this normal, the settling in of the string, bad string ? I figured this was a good place to start so please give me your input and go easy on me, I am a greenhorn but not for long !

ndm
January 10th, 2013, 05:30 PM
New strings will stretch and cause some peep rotation.

Sent from my USCC_ALCATEL_one_touch_988 using Tapatalk 2

SARASR
January 10th, 2013, 05:36 PM
As above new strings stretch stock strings more so, it will stop say 100 shots or so sometimes more, custom bought strings have little to no stretch there are many good makers here. But for now I would say just shoot and learn when you stArt getting competitive and find you want a new string we will be here to confuse you more...lol

Londo
January 11th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Thank you both. now that won't be bothering me so much.

Devans83
January 12th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I put a LOT of shots on the stock strings and still had bad peep rotation. New string and cable from 60X fixed that issue for me.

Londo
January 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Why thank you for the input !