PDA

View Full Version : Tuning day for both my Supras

ia bhtr
January 11th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Needed to burn some vacation anyway , so took the day off and worked on my Supra ME and my Supra Max

I thought I had both bows pretty well tuned after putting new threads on both , but I wasnt real happy with the backwall on either , had done all my twisting by what my bareshaft had been telling me , after checking the stops on both ( factory ) the MEs top cam was a twist & a half slow , the Max ended up being 2 1/2 twists slow on top ( face got a little red there wondering how in the heck I had managed that )

Once I got the cams hitting as they should , checked the timing marks at rest and on both bows the top cam timing mark is a full string width faster than the bottom cam , thats what it took to get a solid ( like a brick ) backwall and both bows are shooting lights out , much much better than the dummy shooting them

Anyways , just some thoughts after 6 hrs tunin & shootin , if you shoot like I do , you will get a better back wall when you have your top cam a string width faster than the bottom cam as when compared to having both cams even when the bow is at rest

draw29
January 11th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I was working on my Me today also. I thought the wall was a bit mush,eee.I noticed the stops had a rubber sleeve.Took the rubber sleeve off and made one out of a arrow point insert.Just had to cut it to length and then drill the hole a little bigger. The piece the rubber was attached to, slides right into the new one. Made all the difference in the world on the wall and just cost me an old insert I had laying around. The insert I used was a hair bigger but I just put it in my drill before cutting it off to length and spun it and sanded until it was the right size as the old rubber one.

Kstigall
January 14th, 2013, 12:29 PM
The Bomar stops provide a much more solid wall than the factory stops.