PDA

View Full Version : Stabilizer input

Londo
January 11th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Looking to try one and am clueless on where to start. If any body would like to pitch their 2 cents I'd appreciate it. New to the sport and currently loving the PSE Stinger 3G. 60# Victory arrows. Eventually will be hunting with this rig. I assume it is, as with all "what ever works for you" will really be it but a starting point would be easier. Length, weight, Brand ? crap there is more out there than AR furniture ! Any input would be great !
I'm just a Rookie, but not for long !

WCH
January 12th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Get something adjustable that uses weights on the end of the stab. The weight on the end helps to resist movement. The longer the stab the less weight that needs to be out there. I would go between 6-12 inches. Doinker and b stinger are probably the two biggest at this point. You also have companies such as dead center too.

Londo
January 12th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the input. Do they do both? I mean help balance and vibration ? I see some[like you stated allow for adding and decreasing weight(S)] others seem to claim more about vibration[noise] reduction, any input ?

cyclepath
January 12th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I have a brand new 8" carbon triad for sale. I use the same thing on my bow and love it. With a quick disconnect it puts it out there at 9", about perfect length.
Send me a pm if you're interested

WCH
January 13th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the input. Do they do both? I mean help balance and vibration ? I see some[like you stated allow for adding and decreasing weight(S)] others seem to claim more about vibration[noise] reduction, any input ?

Some do like the b stinger pro hunters, I think that's the ones with the rubber piece towards the end. Go to their website and read what they talk about fora stabilizer may help you.

The Lure Washer
January 13th, 2013, 05:04 AM
i shoot that exact bow and have found that in order for you not to feel like the bow isnt being pulled up at full draw you need a bit of weight up front. im running a stab at 11" and about 7oz up front.