PDA

View Full Version : 2012 PSE Brute X

arm203
January 12th, 2013, 06:17 AM
I have recently aquired a PSE Brute X. Can I adjust the draw length from the factory set 29" to 28" without the use of a bow press?

Harvest
January 12th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Yes.

btmhwb
January 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM
There are two things to adjust: the draw stop and the actual draw length module. THere is no tension on either part so you simply unscrew them and move to your draw length and they should both be in the same lettered hole. On my 2013 brute x E was the spot for 28 inch draw , check the 2012 manual to make sure it's the same

callandor2k
January 12th, 2013, 05:20 PM
To a point it is able to be adjusted without a press. The red inner cam has 2 allen head screws that need to be loosened. One of these may fall behind the limb making it impossible to adjust unless you rotate the cam or release some string tension in some way. Supposedly the 2013 models the inner cam was corrected to eliminate that last I heard. The other adjustment is a little round peg looking thing on the outer cam. Just move both to the E location and you will be set at 28.

I got a 2012 as well. And I had to compress the limbs just a little bit to get one of the allen head screws. All I did was put the bow in hand and place my string around the back side of my elbow. That gave the cam just enough movement that it allowed me to get the allen wrench in the screw.

Make sure you get those screws tight. But not too tight though. I didn't get mine tight enough and they worked loose. luckily I caught it before the fell out.

btmhwb
January 12th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Mine is. 2013 and I don't think they fixed it, I still had some trouble getting to the Allen for slot e

Overall sweet bow though, I do like it and it seems to shoot almost as hard as my heli m even though the ibo is supposedly lower

GrizzlyMan1980
January 12th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Yes,you sure can...Grizz

arm203
January 12th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Thank you all for your assistance