PDA

View Full Version : Bent draw mod on Supra Max

shamus275
January 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM
So, I've had my Supra Max for about two weeks now and after some tuning I decided that I needed to shorten the draw length some. The mod screw on the bottom cam was directly under the limb so I obviously couldn't get the screw out to change it (I don't have a press). Then I noticed that the draw mod is actually bent and twisted outward, it doesn't lay flat against the cam and you can see a discoloration in the anodizing where the bend is. The draw was set at the factory to the best of my knowledge...How the heck does this happen?

Luckily, I was able to send an email to my rep and he's sending me a new one asap. In the first pic I drew a box around the bent area and you can see how the screw hole is deformed. In the second pic, I tried to show the gap between the mod and the inside of the cam. Please excuse my kindergarten illustration skills! And yes, my camera sucks...you may have to click and zoom to see the areas.

thebeav
January 12th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Maybe there is a burr on the cam between the mod and cam not allowing the mod to sit flat. Just a guess

shamus275
January 12th, 2013, 05:36 PM
It'd have to be a burr about an 1/8" thick to do that. The gap is pretty big and the mod is actually twisted. Plus, I shined my flashlight in the gap and saw nothing but smooth cam. If I could get it out without pressing it I'd take a better picture of it.

cuttingedge
January 12th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Take a pic of the other side of the cam. Are there 2 screws holding the mod? Could it be that the screw nearest the alignment pin was tight and the other was loose or missing and all the tension from the cable caused it to bend?

shamus275
January 12th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Hmm...there is only one screw in the mod, I'm surprised I missed that. However, the only other hole is right where the bend is and its not round. As in, there's no way in heck a mod screw is going in there. I don't recall there being two screws in the module itself. Maybe somebody with the ME cams can post a pic of what it should look like?

shamus275
January 12th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Okay, I found some pics online of ME cams and you're right cuttingedge, it should have had two screws in it. I never paid much attention to it because I pulled it out of the box and the draw felt right so I didn't mess with it. Must be the factory forgot to put the other screw in!

Belicoso
January 13th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Hmm...there is only one screw in the mod, I'm surprised I missed that. However, the only other hole is right where the bend is and its not round. As in, there's no way in heck a mod screw is going in there. I don't recall there being two screws in the module itself. Maybe somebody with the ME cams can post a pic of what it should look like?

Those modules bent easy if the second screw is not set tight,the lever and pressure from the cables make it go south after just a few shots or even drawing the bow back.

trinibob
January 14th, 2013, 12:42 AM
could have been much worse

smokin12ring
January 14th, 2013, 12:57 AM
In the future you need to start putting in some different screws and blue loc tite. I use stainless. The screws back out and to much tightening will strip the stock screws. Not saying they didn't forget to put the screw in but from my experience if you shot it for a couple of weeks and never checked those screws it worked its way out

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

50 plus
January 14th, 2013, 08:58 AM
I had trouble with the mod screws on my 2012 DS Evo backing out after as few as 50 shots. I couldn't get them tight enough. I finally used blue Loctite and problem solved. My Supra Max came with much better screws with a star head. The first thing I did when I got it home was check those screws. Ive shot it a bunch and they have yet to come loose. Mine did come with two screws. Good luck.

shamus275
January 14th, 2013, 10:20 AM
It was definitely missing a screw. I could barely get the screws out of the modules because they were so tight, I don't know what that red stuff is they put on them at the factory but its strong! I also hate the new torx bolts.

Belicoso
January 14th, 2013, 10:22 AM
It was definitely missing a screw. I could barely get the screws out of the modules because they were so tight, I don't know what that red stuff is they put on them at the factory but its strong! I also hate the new torx bolts.

Yup,2012 mod screws had to be loc tited or they came loose,while doing that the left a nice print/mark into the slot of the cam,cause the screw is much harder than the aluminum .