PDA

View Full Version : my problem is?

smcelheny
January 13th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I'm shooting a 12 ds evo 29/65 x weave pro 200 arrows I was trying to get speed out of it but now I cant shoot a group to save my life. It Paper tuned pretty good at the shop but when I get to 20 yards they start to grow 30 is unacceptable and 40 yards ha we won't even discuss that. My form may not be perfect but I could shoot great groups with my switchback. The PSE has an extended sight and a shorter brace height I just changed so much at once that I'm lost.

jriesop
January 13th, 2013, 07:26 PM
I have this exact same setup except I just have the EVO not the 7. Are your arrows spined right? I'm shooting xweave 300 s and they shoot great with my setup out to 70 yards. No idea if this would make a difference but just a thought.

smcelheny
January 13th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Mine isnt the 7 either its a 6 in BH so its the same setup that's the only thing I could figure guess I'll have to buy some new arrows and try it

GrizzlyMan1980
January 13th, 2013, 10:11 PM
I Would be shooting the 300's with that weight...Grizz

whack n' stack
January 13th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Grizz is spot on. Your spine might be a touch stiff.

An arrow with too much spine is f can be tuned, it's just much more finicky tune and less forgiving.

smcelheny
January 14th, 2013, 07:29 AM
OK thanks guys I'm gonna give it a shot I'm about fed up with it if this don't work its going down the road!

boomersooner23
January 14th, 2013, 10:30 AM
My 2012 DS EVO shot X-weave 300's like a dream at 28" 65 LBS

GrizzlyMan1980
January 14th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I Would be shooting the 300's with that weight...Grizz

I Know this because i am shooting Pse Radial weave 300's out of my Evo at 65 Lbs and its shooting amazing,And its the spine your supposed to shoot at thay weight..Hope you get it shooting,Its an awesome hunting bow...Grizz

smcelheny
January 14th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Taking it back to my pro shop tomorrow he's gonna put some 300s thru it and tune everything again hope this does the trick I gotta give it to him h ha taken good care of me making this thing work never been to a better shop

GrizzlyMan1980
January 14th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Glad you have a good shop to go to..How do you like the evo for draw,vibe etc?Grizz

smcelheny
January 14th, 2013, 09:37 PM
At first I didn't like the valley at all but last week he put extra valley in it for me and shortened the draw and it feels great I like that the draw is very consistent thru til it falls into the valley as at a vibe goes it has virtually none I'm not a huge fan of the limb band tho and as soon as I get it shooting for me they are coming of and getting replaced with some quad blocks. I'm still working on stabilizer setups too trying to figure out what I want and need I don't have a lot of cash to just throw around on them any suggestions?

GrizzlyMan1980
January 14th, 2013, 09:48 PM
I Use a Vibracheck on mine,Isolator 3 or a Omega..I Dont throw lots of money out on Stabs or Quivers and only mid priced sights, i happen to love the look of the limb bands..All my bows are hunting rigs..for me there is no need to throw top dollar quivers,Stabs or sights on them..I Can shoot mighty fine with a Truglo,Kwikee and a Vibracheck or Limbsaver stab..I Owned Spott hoggs and Hha before..I Plan on goin back to all single pins on my bows this winter..Cheers,Grizz

smcelheny
January 14th, 2013, 09:53 PM
I started shooting 3d last summer and love it I really just got into archery hardcore about a year ago I have also thought about the single pin sights but didn't know how I would like it I went to an extreme that has like an 8-10 inch bar an it and a smaller housing but I'm having trouble focusing on the pins in it they seem to be blurring together and it has me thinking hard about the single pin

Tommy15
January 14th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Try a different release my chill I was having accuracy problems with it I tried a back tension and its improved a lot

Stinger3G
January 14th, 2013, 10:07 PM
I Use a Vibracheck on mine,Isolator 3 or a Omega..I Dont throw lots of money out on Stabs or Quivers and only mid priced sights, i happen to love the look of the limb bands..All my bows are hunting rigs..for me there is no need to throw top dollar quivers,Stabs or sights on them..I Can shoot mighty fine with a Truglo,Kwikee and a Vibracheck or Limbsaver stab..I Owned Spott hoggs and Hha before..I Plan on goin back to all single pins on my bows this winter..Cheers,Grizz

I still have the cheap stabilizer that came with my bow package. I have upgraded everything elsethough. Im still staying pretty cheap on my sights, i have a $40 cobra 5 pin. I really like it. I can see it at a glance and see it well until it gets too dark to make out the deer. I havent upgraded my quiver either cuz i take it off when i shoot. I use a back quiver for target practice

pseshooter84
January 17th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I've had problems for 6 months with mine and tried everything, I'm in talks with the warranty dept right now at pse due to an issue with mine. Hopefully they replace my bow since it was def a lemon. Sounds weird but it does happen once in a while even with great companies like PSE. Hope everything is good with the 2013 bows!